Author Topic: The History Of Forgotten Hope  (Read 906 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
The History Of Forgotten Hope
« on: 08-05-2014, 08:05:15 »
 I've been fascinated with FH since it was 1st released years ago.

I have always wondered about the history behind the mod.

- Who came up with the name "Forgotten Hope"
- Who's idea was it to create the mod
- Who was the lead developers for FH1 & FH2
- What was the 1st map ever made

Post other question & im sure some of the regulars here will have some interesting answers.

8)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: The History Of Forgotten Hope
« Reply #1 on: 08-05-2014, 10:05:04 »
One of the original creators of FH visited the forums not too long ago and made a post about how it all began... someone should dig that message up.
« Last Edit: 08-05-2014, 10:05:58 by Leopardi »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-05-2014, 18:05:25 »
One of the original creators of FH visited the forums not too long ago and made a post about how it all began... someone should dig that message up.

I think that's this thread: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16746.0 page 4

It's interesting thinking about the comprehensive history of this mod, it's origins and timelime to present day. This mod essentially built my MP gaming life. The first game I ever loved :-*

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-05-2014, 19:05:08 »
It's interesting thinking about the comprehensive history of this mod, it's origins and timelime to present day. This mod essentially built my MP gaming life. The first game I ever loved :-*

Same here. Although I'd have to specifically add that it was FH1, not FH2. In many ways FH2 is better, at least on paper, but in practice it has only some of the magic that FH1 had.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-05-2014, 19:05:38 »
Same here. Although I'd have to specifically add that it was FH1, not FH2. In many ways FH2 is better, at least on paper, but in practice it has only some of the magic that FH1 had.

FH2 is pretty. But engine flexibility... That leaves a lot to be desired (not the FH devs' fault though, they have to work with what they have). I still miss lying on the wings of the JU52, ships(!) and deployable airstrikes...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2014, 20:05:12 »
Deployable airstrikes are possible. But it doesnt look really aestethic. But I think it could be made to look better. There was a video of it somewhere, I will try to find it.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAC54uaChE
« Last Edit: 09-05-2014, 20:05:44 by Turkish007 »