Author Topic: FH2 won´t start after playing PR  (Read 712 times)

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
FH2 won´t start after playing PR
« on: 21-04-2014, 18:04:05 »

Looks like everytime after i play PR, i can't start FH2 anymore.  When i click the play button on the FH2 Launcher, the screen turn black (like when a game starts) but suddenly come back to the desktop again. And nothing happens.  ???

Everytime this happens i have to start BF2 again, because he needs to make that "first time setup" , even if i already have done this. From here i can play FH2, but if i play PR i have to redo this step again.

Maybe this have something with the way PR leaves bf2 when he closes, when PR closes a message apeears saying ( PR:BF2 has closed, cleaning up resources )

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 won´t start after playing PR
« Reply #1 on: 21-04-2014, 18:04:22 »
That's some evil PR conspiracy

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-04-2014, 18:04:59 »
So you're able to run BF2 after playing PR, but have to complete the setup again or something?

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-04-2014, 20:04:11 »
Try activating the windowed mode in the FH2 Launcher in options/video.
This should give you a error message window when FH2 crashes.
Post a screenshot here, it might solving this issue.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-04-2014, 00:04:22 »
Here is the Error Screenshot.

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-04-2014, 02:04:36 »
The file mentioned as missing is in the fonts_client.zip file. This is part of BF2 and FH2 mods folders. I think the BF2 one should not matter, since FH2 has it´s own.
What Language have you set ingame? Maybe the problem is just with a specific localization.

Also what exactly do you mean by "doing the first time setup" to be able to play FH2 again after you played PR?
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-04-2014, 02:04:45 »
The file mentioned as missing is in the fonts_client.zip file. This is part of BF2 and FH2 mods folders. I think the BF2 one should not matter, since FH2 has it´s own.
What Language have you set ingame? Maybe the problem is just with a specific localization.

Also what exactly do you mean by "doing the first time setup" to be able to play FH2 again after you played PR?

Well, i use the default language, English. And about that "first time setup", if you play games bought from steam you know what i mean, when you do your first run with the game on steam, he does this "first time setup" as i see to set something like CD-KEY ( look second image ), files, and maybe some registries, just guessing in this part. *See attached images.

I also noticed that aways when i start bf2, steam does that.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-04-2014, 23:04:10 »
RommelBr, launching vBF2 via Steam is the wrong way to play both PR and FH2, instead you must use PR Launcher and FH2 Launcher respectively. Furthermore, with the launchers you don't even need Steam running.

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-04-2014, 00:04:01 »
RommelBr, launching vBF2 via Steam is the wrong way to play both PR and FH2, instead you must use PR Launcher and FH2 Launcher respectively. Furthermore, with the launchers you don't even need Steam running.

I know, the problem is that after i play PR, FH2 can´t start, then i need just to open bf2 (to do the process i already said) then exit, so i can play FH2.

I am inside cycle now, Played PR, open and exit BF2, im free to play FH2 from here , if i play PR, restart process.