Author Topic: Panzerschreck  (Read 741 times)

Offline Solifuge2

• View Profile
Panzerschreck
« on: 21-04-2014, 00:04:36 »
Hi all,

Like most of you I'm having great fun with the new patch. I was playing around with the panzerfausts and boy they did feel powerful, blowing up shermans now in 1 shot as long as the angle is right.

When I started on the German side on Lebisey I managed to grab a schreck and went out to ambush some shermans. I hit one on the frontal hull armor, it survived and blew me up. I went back to grab a new schrek, hit a second sherman on the side turret, no kill. Grabbed a schreck again and the situation repeated. So 3 schreck hits, no shermans killed and I gave up.

A test on a local server confirmed the panzerschreck does less damage than the panzerfaust. They only 1 hit kill on the hull side and hull rear. This might purely be a balance thing as in real life the schreck has similar penetration. Now as the panzerschreck is only available as pickup kit I think it shouldn't be nerfed. With 200mm penetration a hit on a sherman at a good angle should always kill it, or you end up dying. (if you have more information feel free to prove me wrong)

What do you guys think about this, needed balance or should this be fixed? :) Maybe the range can be decreased a bit instead!

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: Panzerschreck
« Reply #1 on: 21-04-2014, 01:04:38 »
Would be nice if it had the same killing power as the bazooka which 9 times out of 10 will kill a Pz4 in one shot.  Some people get mad saying its over powered but in a first person shooter like FH2 if you don't kill a tank with your first shot your pretty much dead.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-04-2014, 03:04:49 »
Yeah, but panzer IV has skirts which simply protect it from such AT like bazooka, Shermans dont have such thing...

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-04-2014, 11:04:32 »
Would be nice if it had the same killing power as the bazooka which 9 times out of 10 will kill a Pz4 in one shot.  Some people get mad saying its over powered but in a first person shooter like FH2 if you don't kill a tank with your first shot your pretty much dead.
Bazooka is weaker than Panzershreck, a lot weaker, the only reason P4 gets killed in 1 shot is that people actively aim for spots where they can kill it in 1 shot. (rear armor and front of the turret)
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-04-2014, 11:04:02 »
Bazooka is weaker than Panzershreck, a lot weaker, the only reason P4 gets killed in 1 shot is that people actively aim for spots where they can kill it in 1 shot. (rear armor and front of the turret)
and sides, on the skirtless version on Cobra.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-04-2014, 13:04:20 »
and sides, on the skirtless version on Cobra.
Oh yeah, forgot about that one, they're not that common though. (i think :P)
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Solifuge2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-04-2014, 14:04:15 »
The bazookas are fine, they had low penetration in real life and you can destroy pz4's as long as you hit the right spot. The schrek needs a bit of love, the kit is so rare anyway that it doesn't need to be nerfed for balance. It would be better for gameplay and more realistic too.