Author Topic: FH2 Linux Server  (Read 693 times)

Offline WoODoO

• View Profile
FH2 Linux Server
« on: 18-04-2014, 17:04:42 »
FH2 can work on linux?

If yes, have any tutorial for this?

Thanks for listening!

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Linux Server
« Reply #1 on: 18-04-2014, 18:04:48 »
Get the bf2 1.5 linux server files and put them in any folder you like.
Read the installation manual, should be easy to run.
Then get the fh2 server build and extract it to the same place as on the client. ( bf2/mods/fh2 )
Setup your maplist.con with fh2 maps and then simply start the server with fh2 mod like this:
Code: [Select]
./bf2server +modpath fh2 (note thats not the proper syntax, check the bf2 server readme)
Then setup a script to start a screen session and run the bf2 server inside it, so you dont need to be logged in.
From here.
If you want more abilities to control the server, like ingame admin commands, etc. then you need to install BF2CC, but it requires Mono package (name depends on distro, on Ubuntu it-is mono-full). Refer to http://www.bf2cc.com/help.htm for any info.

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-04-2014, 21:04:18 »
FH2 can work on linux?

If yes, have any tutorial for this?

Thanks for listening!

server or client?

edit: sorry, I did not see the title
« Last Edit: 05-05-2014, 15:05:03 by colores »

Offline city hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-10-2016, 05:10:03 »
server, this guide really doesnt help. I managed to get the bf2 server going no problem, but pasting the fh2 mod into the mods folder doesnt seem to work, also fh2 server files already comes with its own start script which is giving me an error  I'm guessing my folder directories are off a bit and the sub fh2 folder is suppose to go into the bf2 mods

ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘pb’: File exists
/home/fh2/bf2/mods/fh2/bin/amd-64/fh2: error while loading shared libraries: libdice_py.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory