Author Topic: FH2 Crashes during fight on the battlefield!  (Read 704 times)

Offline Chozx

• View Profile
FH2 Crashes during fight on the battlefield!
« on: 14-04-2014, 22:04:33 »
Hee guys,

I recently have some weird stuff going on. Sometimes it crashes the game without an error.

Any idea?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Crashes during fight on the battlefield!
« Reply #1 on: 14-04-2014, 23:04:50 »
Try running it in windowed mode. Still no errors?

Offline Chozx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-04-2014, 22:04:23 »
Didnt worked mate. It's random sometime

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-04-2014, 08:04:53 »
 Were u playing on 762?

Did this occur during a map change?

:-\

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-04-2014, 09:04:33 »
yeah i get random ctd's  too.   it was good right after patch release, but now im back into the couple ctd's a night syndrome....

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-04-2014, 14:04:37 »
I had ctd last night during SoT. I have had 2-3 now, since release. I play more often, though, so it isn't getting to the "annoying level".

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-04-2014, 21:04:35 »
I have CTD every map change  :-[
Had windows xp before in same PC without any problem, I installed windows 7 and now I have problems in 90% of map changes.
That problem may be?

I set compatibility with windows XP and run as administrator in the shortcut launcher. Is there anything else I can do?

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-05-2014, 15:05:46 »
I have CTD every map change  :-[
Had windows xp before in same PC without any problem, I installed windows 7 and now I have problems in 90% of map changes.
That problem may be?

I set compatibility with windows XP and run as administrator in the shortcut launcher. Is there anything else I can do?

Solved!
I had Windows 7 32 bits, for some reason the problem was solved by installing 64 bit windows 7.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-05-2014, 14:05:01 »
no i have windows 64 bit and it still crashed in fullscreen, but yesterday i played an hour in coop mode not with full screen so i hoped to see an error but the game didnt crash its verry wierd and random sometimes you can play a whole game without the crash and sometimes in the middle or someting it crashes, and when i wasnt playing on fullscreen mode the game didnt crash yet but as soon as it does ill let it know

Offline saintstc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-05-2014, 23:05:30 »
I've also been experiencing frequent crashes whilst in-game and without any error reports showing up, even in windowed mode. I launch it as an administrator and in windows xp mode and it still continues to crash. Not sure if this is relevant, but I only play offline with bots.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-05-2014, 18:05:40 »
SP/coop play with bots can cause all sorts of unexpected errors, often causing a game crash.
Mostly it is caused by the bots using some equipment they never used before while testing, or reaching some area of the map without navmesh or one of the multiple other reasons..

Anyway, even without a error message from windowed mode, you can help by reporting at least during what map it happened and maybe some info about how far the game had progressed. This might help us to limit the areas we have to search for errors.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-05-2014, 19:05:02 »
i experianced it with serval maps villers bocage also with gold beach when i was coop it just goes to desktop without any message :-\ i think it appears verry randomly in coop or sp before the update i never noticed any of this, can it be that now the ai can listen to commands it can causes trouble, because sometimes an ai bot uses the voice things like for the king to but and sometimes they yell it 3 times (lol)

Offline saintstc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-05-2014, 20:05:34 »
Villers-Bocage consistantly crashed for me also, usually within the first 10 minutes of playing. Bradia was another one which I crashed a lot in. Both Alam Halfa and and Saint Lo worked fine. I've I only just started out with the mod but I'll do some more testing tonight to see how other maps perform.

I can't remeber, but I think I recall reading somewhere that when the ai use mounted weapons they can cause some issues. So I don't know if maybe certain maps are more prone to this problem than others.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-05-2014, 21:05:00 »
i dont know about that but there is something wrong with the AI indeed, but in the version before this there were no crashes and the AI could mount machinguns at guns ect without problems (if thats the bug) i could be much things but its something that is caused in the latest update of fh2 im afraid playing coop/singleplayer without crashing is now almost impossible :'(