Author Topic: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.46: Part 2  (Read 4931 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.46: Part 2
« Reply #15 on: 09-04-2014, 22:04:53 »
Cool beanz yo. However, it'll be a bitch having to re-add my custom stuff every time there's an update. Oh well, guess I'll survive :P And judging from the trailer there are still no new 3p animations? Time for me to finally get cracking then.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-04-2014, 22:04:01 »
Will our profiles be deleted during installation like it was during 2.45 update?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-04-2014, 23:04:56 »
That shouldn't be the case Mudzin. I can still select the three profiles I have. The video and sound settings are set for all profiles and not per profile. But with this tool very quickly and easily adjusted in a few seconds.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-04-2014, 23:04:28 »
Anyone else having trouble with the download links?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-04-2014, 00:04:10 »
No, I'm currently downloading full part with ~400kB/s!

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-04-2014, 00:04:53 »
Anyone else having trouble with the download links?
hm, there might be a simultaneous connection limit on the ftp or something..
Try again later, or even better, use the torrrent. It´s running fast and smooth, a few good seeders and only ~40 clients.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-04-2014, 00:04:42 »
And the trailer is just average, sorry but i have to be honest..... i appreciate any work that is made regarding FH2, but comparing to the previous trailers iits... welll there is no comparing. It seems that everything was filmed in medium settings, its strecth out and there is no 1st person view.  Dont like it, im sorry.
Firstly though, we'd like to show a fan made trailer for version 2.46, created by the talented JMLigthart
Well, this is not the trailer made by our official trailer guy and we appreciate the hard work JMLigthart put to this video which is his first trailer so far ;)

Cool beanz yo. However, it'll be a bitch having to re-add my custom stuff every time there's an update. Oh well, guess I'll survive :P

If you are talking about custom maps:
The new launcher provides several useful services, but the most useful is the built in update engine, that can check for and then download new versions of FH2 automatically. The download will restart from where it left off in the case it is interrupted. Broken your FH2 installation? Don't worry, the same torrent engine can repair it too! For those of you with custom maps, the launcher will leave these alone.

And judging from the trailer there are still no new 3p animations? Time for me to finally get cracking then.

what are you waiting for?  ;)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-04-2014, 01:04:53 »
Well, this is not the trailer made by our official trailer guy and we appreciate the hard work JMLigthart put to this video which is his first trailer so far ;)

Its the first time a "fan made trailer " was presented in a official release update news.

That is why commented about it. Im entitled to it.

A decent trailer has to have, at decent aspect ratio, this one is horrible and at least all the settings set on high. Not even gonna talk about no POV footage and bad camera angles and script. ( 5 guys inside a bunker shooting... that never happens. )

I appreciate his work, but its very far away to be good enough to be in the official news in my opinion.

Ill stop about this now.

Good update everyone.

« Last Edit: 10-04-2014, 01:04:37 by RAnDOOm »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10-04-2014, 01:04:53 »
Can't wait to play, Only two more days!   8)
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-04-2014, 02:04:51 »
Oh the pure sex of Road to 2.X updates 8) I love the week before and the month after release day.

This update tho :o I LOVE it! When PR released 1.0, their launcher and updater was by far my favorite part of the update, and now there's something similar in my favorite mod. I can only imagine the impact this will have on the future of FH. Bug fixes, balancing issues, anything really 8) I can't wait to see how this streamlines future updates. A HUGE thank you to Gavrant, Mayhemic.MAD and Spitfire. Seriously.

2 questions: what's the benefit of limiting the frame rate? (computer n00b)
and the check box for "show frame rate in game," does the frame rate show up in the upper left corner of the screen like when you type the console command "renderer.drawfps 1?" or something different.

@JMLigthart I really liked the trailer :) it had a good feel to it. Well done.

Also, who made the background for the launcher? (the bedford) I love it. 8) Was it a straight Photoshop job or was the bedford re-rendered in a program? 

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10-04-2014, 02:04:29 »
Gettin' with the times, FH2. Well done with the launcher, I can't remember the last time I played a game without an automatic updater. Trailer was okay, nothing special really. Once again, cannot wait for Friday.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10-04-2014, 02:04:07 »
I think that is old concept art by remdul from 2.0. There might even be a wallpaper with that motif on the website.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10-04-2014, 04:04:19 »
I would like to know what this means to.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10-04-2014, 06:04:44 »
I would like to know what this means to.
BF2 sets the upper frame rate limit to 100 by default. That option in the launcher is supposed to let you turn the limit off if, for example, you have a super-duper display which supports more than 100 FPS.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10-04-2014, 07:04:17 »
the start up screen picture,  will it change periodically, or just stay the bedford always?