Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48  (Read 26451 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 and 2.47
« Reply #105 on: 23-07-2014, 00:07:24 »
I do not intend to rush anyone and do greatly appreciate all of the time that you put in this splendid experience that is FH2 SP, but could the crashing Commonwealth Normandy maps please be looked into? Currently they are not playable, especially Villers Bocage. The only stable map is Operation Goodwood, if I recall correctly.
They are being looked into and what you are doing now is rushing somebody. If you want to report some bugs better be sure about them instead of basing your statements on some recalls. Gavrant is working hard on making all FH2 stock maps playable in singleplayer. ;)
« Last Edit: 23-07-2014, 00:07:14 by jan_kurator »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48
« Reply #106 on: 28-07-2014, 22:07:14 »
Changes in incoming 2.48

Maps
  • Lebisey - 64: brand new navmeshing by Ballard, rebuilt gameplay. Yes, that brings the Tiger back, but only as a reinforcement at the end.
  • St Vith - 64: rebuilt gameplay. Warning: the map is not particularly friendly to vehicles in the AI hands.
  • Villers Bocage - 64: new navmeshing by Ballard, rebuilt gameplay, still largely Work in progress, but it's better than nothing. At least, I haven't  seen CTDs on it yet.
  • Some previously rebuilt maps got rather minor improvements too.

Overall gameplay changes
  • AI commander now issues correct defend orders if there is nothing to attack for the team. This affects both the start of a round (helps to bring vehicles to the front from the first minutes), and the last minutes when one of the teams holds all flags.
  • Introduced new "AI push mode" on 18 maps to prevent sneaky humans from capturing rear flags (as reported by jrivett).
  • ESAI removed from FH2. It brought little actual improvements in AI behavior, but created some issues. At the time of ESAI removal, a half of the maps did not use it anyway.
  • Supposedly fixed crashes on Coop servers when a player tries to repair a wrecked emplacement (as reported by Plattfuss).
  • Fixed bots not reloading the 20mm guns (primarily on the Pz II) at the cost of human players not being able to manually reload half-empty mags on the static MGs, AA guns, Pz II and Marmon-Herrington now.
  • Major overhaul of all ground and handheld weapons. It fixed infantry failing to switch to a more suitable gun, tanks using only coaxial MGs against infantry (now they also occasionally fire HE shells), and a lot of other, less noticeable issues.
  • For a bunch of vehicles fixed or improved their handling by bots. For example, fixed bots not turning the turret of the M3 Grant, Lee, and M8 Greyhound.
« Last Edit: 28-07-2014, 23:07:29 by gavrant »

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #107 on: 28-07-2014, 23:07:45 »
First of all I would like to thank you all responsible for making FH possible and alive after so many years.

I'm glad that Villers Bocage is getting proper attention on SP mode, CTD problem was really annoying, EVEN if it's not totally fixed, I'm happy that something is being made to fix it :)

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29-07-2014, 12:07:09 »
Thanks guys for all your hard work.

I'll look forward to the changes.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30-07-2014, 21:07:53 »
Gavrant,
Have noted tanks firing mg and HE in singleplayer. This is amazing! How did you manage this?
It was practically deemed impossible for years.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 30-07-2014, 22:07:46 »
Thank you for your hard work and passionate dedication to the Single-player aspect of Forgotten Hope 2. I am yet to experience the new features and improvements, having only played Siege of Giarabub yesterday evening. The Italians launched a strong surprise attack and re-took the barracks with perfect co-ordination which I have not experienced before. They were storming the position with such a fury that all resistance was futile.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 31-07-2014, 14:07:37 »
« Last Edit: 02-03-2019, 08:03:21 by nysä »

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 01-08-2014, 16:08:22 »
Introduced new "AI push mode" on 18 maps to prevent sneaky humans from capturing rear flags (as reported by jrivett).
The push mode changes do solve the problem I reported (that taking the farthest flags first in some cases caused maps to end early), so thanks for that. And I guess if we want to be totally fair to the bots, it makes sense to prevent humans from doing things (strategically) that bots cannot do. But I would have preferred to solve the problem by making these maps (eg. Port en Bessin) work like classic BF maps, because that would allow for more possibilities. With the traditional approach, the attackers can decide which flag to attack last.

That said, the changes seem to work fine. Thanks!

Offline ShadowFox

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 12-08-2014, 03:08:19 »
As far as i understand, for now, most of multiplayer maps are available for the co-op fights? Playing with bots is really enjoyable, thank you for the co-op support!

PS: Will we be able to clash with bots on the Eastern Front when it comes?  ::)
« Last Edit: 12-08-2014, 04:08:08 by ShadowFox »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 12-08-2014, 11:08:09 »
AFAIK Gavrant's goal is to have bot support on every map.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 12-08-2014, 15:08:08 »
About the Eastern Front: Bot support is usually the very last thing added to a map, so if the map is completed late in development, chances are there won't be bot support in the first release and it will instead be added later like with Omaha Beach.

Offline BigGrizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 06-11-2014, 20:11:27 »
On "Operation Goodwood" the reinforcement system doesn´t work. So no Fireflys for the brits, and far worse: only Sd.Kfz. 251 (besides the two Marders on the farm) for the germans!
However, this works in COOP correct.

btw is there a list with "known issues" regarding SP/COOP?
« Last Edit: 11-11-2014, 13:11:45 by BigGrizzly »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 23-11-2014, 03:11:15 »
I run FH2 co-op matches over the FH2 server launcher in order to get better performance. However, I cannot become squadleader when doing that, whereas it works just fine in single-player. Does anyone know what causes this and how it could be fixed?

I would also like to enquire about bot-support for the Ardennes map pack released earlier this year. It included maps such as Operation Nordwind and Herrlisheim. I think it was compiled by Forgotten Honour or World at War. These maps were up to Forgotten Hope 2 standards and I would love to able to play on them.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 23-11-2014, 03:11:33 »
I run FH2 co-op matches over the FH2 server launcher in order to get better performance. However, I cannot become squadleader when doing that, whereas it works just fine in single-player. Does anyone know what causes this and how it could be fixed?
That's a known feature of server coop in BF2 - you can't join an existing squad and become its leader, like in singleplayer. Instead, create a new squad and invite bots from other squads.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 23-11-2014, 06:11:34 »
You're doing God's work Gavrant, keep it up, it doesn't go un-noticed!