Author Topic: The Voice of Reason - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 4346 times)

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
Re: The Voice of Reason - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #15 on: 01-04-2014, 21:04:02 »
Was the sound from Saving Private Ryan at the end a nod to all the "Omg i want SPR omaha pls!" posts  ;) ?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-04-2014, 21:04:13 »
Damn you guys totally had me there for a second ;) you got my hopes up. A total revamp of the FH2 voices would be a HUGE update and something amazing for the mod.

Just count this the second day in a row that my heart has been ripped out (thanks himym finale) :P

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #17 on: 01-04-2014, 22:04:37 »
Cool!

I've felt the same about the voice-command. However the current ones are still better than bf2 vanilla :)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-04-2014, 23:04:30 »
One voice artist? Full sets for all armies? You should try to make the April Fools at least somewhat believable.

Let's just say that English with a foreign accent might sound silly, but Finnish with a foreign accent is usually unintelligible - unless the voice artist has had perfect phonetic instructions for pronounciation, then it will probably only sound just silly. Yes, I know that voice artists are usually talented imitators and able to pick up new languages at a short notice, but there are limits.

---

That said, the only voice command (apart from the fact that there seems to be no logic to which commands come from the invisible radio set and which ones are shouted by the player characters) that really sounds out of place is the "okay" as used by the Germans - I thought the spread of the word outside Anglophone world was a post-WW2 development (due to US troops being present all over the place and English-language media taking over local markets)?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-04-2014, 00:04:57 »
Even worse than the indeed inaccurate "Okay" is that "DEUUUTSCHLAAAND" for the charge command. It sounds ridicolous! Other than that the German commands are overall not that good. April Fool's joke or not, it would be nice if they were replaced one day if possible. The other countries sound better to me, but maybe they feel weird for natively English or Italian speaking people as well.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-04-2014, 00:04:43 »
That doesnt change the fact that the best was "it's gonna blow!" - especially on Tunis map!  ;D

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-04-2014, 00:04:52 »
Even worse than the indeed inaccurate "Okay" is that "DEUUUTSCHLAAAND"
I don't know why but I always liked that one :D.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-04-2014, 02:04:48 »
Actually I think that german voice overs can be improved by some editing, they indeed sounds ridiculous sometimes.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-04-2014, 02:04:23 »
I'm too baked to understand if this was a joke or not, but I gotta be honest: I think at this point, it would kinda suck to get new voices. Like a lot of you, I've been listening to the same ones for over ten years now, but far from being tiring, I would never want to lose the old voice commands. I'd get used to new ones but they'd never be the same. In some corny way when I  put my headset on and hear the same old "We're taking casualties!" I've been listening to for almost half of my life, it feels like home. I have so many great memories of FH1 and 2 it would feel so weird, anti-climactic and just a waste of valuable resources to change. Even just spamming "CHARGE!" when I enter the game feels right. I associate the voice commands with good times in the way old maps or old names showing up in chat do.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-04-2014, 02:04:29 »
I am totally fine with you redoing the commands, however I wish you would keep the "YES" command of the Germans. They are iconic of FH.

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-04-2014, 03:04:20 »
The only voice of reason is the one that says you should join with the PR devs to help make PR: WW2 and alleviate our dwindling player bases.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-04-2014, 03:04:12 »
You mean scrap FH2 and just give them all models etc? Great idea but it's already 3 hours after april fools in Germany.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02-04-2014, 03:04:07 »
I'm too baked to understand if this was a joke or not, but I gotta be honest: I think at this point, it would kinda suck to get new voices. Like a lot of you, I've been listening to the same ones for over ten years now, but far from being tiring, I would never want to lose the old voice commands. I'd get used to new ones but they'd never be the same. In some corny way when I  put my headset on and hear the same old "We're taking casualties!" I've been listening to for almost half of my life, it feels like home. I have so many great memories of FH1 and 2 it would feel so weird, anti-climactic and just a waste of valuable resources to change. Even just spamming "CHARGE!" when I enter the game feels right. I associate the voice commands with good times in the way old maps or old names showing up in chat do.
I hate to admit it, but yeah, there is a special place in my heart for the FH1/BF1942 voice commands. I was so happy when the FH2 team decided to bring them all to the mod.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-04-2014, 04:04:16 »
I'd miss my favorite Italian command Alla-Tacooo! lol

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-04-2014, 06:04:08 »
The only voice of reason is the one that says you should join with the PR devs to help make PR: WW2 and alleviate our dwindling player bases.

lol
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.