Author Topic: Operation Totalize 64  (Read 19523 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Operation Totalize 64
« on: 07-09-2009, 21:09:19 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
Re: Operation Totalize 64
« Reply #1 on: 08-09-2009, 03:09:57 »
Was this map just based in layout on Operation Harvest BF2 map, or was it actually directly imported, reworking statics and textures, but leaving terrain intact? I only realized it had the same layout while driving over the river from the South and seeing road bridge next to RR bridge, and then it dawned on me, I checked the map and layout, including two Southern uncaps, exactly the same. :) Nice Easter egg.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Herpes911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-09-2009, 06:09:05 »
Nice map.  But I think it could benefit from some sort of push mode.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #3 on: 08-09-2009, 10:09:35 »

Give those poor Canadians a chance man!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Fenring

• Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:11 »
Was this map just based in layout on Operation Harvest BF2 map, or was it actually directly imported, reworking statics and textures, but leaving terrain intact? I only realized it had the same layout while driving over the river from the South and seeing road bridge next to RR bridge, and then it dawned on me, I checked the map and layout, including two Southern uncaps, exactly the same. :) Nice Easter egg.

Its based on the same layout/terrain but all statics, textures, growth, light and watershader are new.

Offline Herpes911

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-2009, 14:09:20 »

Well, actually I said that from having played the Canadians.  It's very frustrating to have most of your forces on the other side of the river and have factory and/or windmill back-capped, since the distances between flags are greater on this map (unlike, say, Falaise Pocket).

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-09-2009, 15:09:16 »
But you have to remember that you canadians can backcap the german flags south of the river aswell. ;)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-2009, 16:09:33 »

Well, actually I said that from having played the Canadians.  It's very frustrating to have most of your forces on the other side of the river and have factory and/or windmill back-capped, since the distances between flags are greater on this map (unlike, say, Falaise Pocket).

Ahh then your problem seems to be dumb Canadians.  Sorry to say there is just no hotfix for dumb.  People will get it after some more play time I think.  I myself have been a total nub playing Totalize.  I always want to be a hardcore team player on this map but there is just something in my head that says "No Lainer!  Screw your squad!  Grab the Shrek and lone wolf it across the river.".
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #8 on: 08-09-2009, 18:09:15 »
Love this map, only thing would be to ditch the river as it's not part of the real Totalize as far as I know.. You can recreate it with hedgerows and a 'cliff'.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:58 »
Yeah I kinda agree with Fuchs about the river. Its the only thing that divides the gameplay and usually cuts the flow of play, people will start sitting in their tanks and wait for someone to make a move across. I think it could be just normal terrain so the initial push is on through the countryside and not through bottlenecks.

BUT I do agree its also sad to remove it because Sorken made the bridge for it. Personally tho, I would lean to no river option, while I still dont mind it being there. But as it is now, many times I am leading a massive canadian tank charge in my cromwell and I have shermans and churchills following me as we storm to factory and then to windmill, but when I start my attack to south through the shallow parts, I always end up being alone because the rest are pansies and are afraid of kittens lurking in the vegetation. If it was no clear "barrier" and bottleneck, I think more people would keep on these attacks and not leave me (or anyone who does this like me) face the dangers by themselfs.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:26 »
Lots of players still think you can only cross by one of the bridges, believe me. This will change.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:25 »
Aye now that you mentioned it. That could be one of the reasons they wont cross the shallow areas.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #12 on: 09-09-2009, 04:09:55 »
Well, that’s why you leave people behind to defend. Granted, back flag duty might not appeal to many people, but as a part of overall teamwork it’s invaluable. It’s not a map balance issue, it’s issue of people recognizing priorities and doing what’s best for the team.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Herpes911

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-09-2009, 07:09:00 »
Well, that’s why you leave people behind to defend. Granted, back flag duty might not appeal to many people, but as a part of overall teamwork it’s invaluable. It’s not a map balance issue, it’s issue of people recognizing priorities and doing what’s best for the team.

I was defending all by my lonesome  :).  But anyways, I just suggested the push map thing since most maps in the mod seem to have it to some degree.  Or maybe at least have it so you need more than one person to cap it.  But I'm generally ok with it either way, I just wont sit back and defend next time it comes up :P.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-09-2009, 10:09:42 »
Yeah I kinda agree with Fuchs about the river. Its the only thing that divides the gameplay and usually cuts the flow of play, people will start sitting in their tanks and wait for someone to make a move across. I think it could be just normal terrain so the initial push is on through the countryside and not through bottlenecks.

BUT I do agree its also sad to remove it because Sorken made the bridge for it. Personally tho, I would lean to no river option, while I still dont mind it being there. But as it is now, many times I am leading a massive canadian tank charge in my cromwell and I have shermans and churchills following me as we storm to factory and then to windmill, but when I start my attack to south through the shallow parts, I always end up being alone because the rest are pansies and are afraid of kittens lurking in the vegetation. If it was no clear "barrier" and bottleneck, I think more people would keep on these attacks and not leave me (or anyone who does this like me) face the dangers by themselfs.

This is why we have smoke shells. I wish people realized that what works IRL, smoke obscures sight, also works in FH2.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)