Author Topic: Operation Totalize 64  (Read 19522 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Totalize 64
« Reply #15 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:31 »
Its a luxury you dont take into account too often.

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:03 »
i would like to see the planes respawn  a bit quicker.
with all those flaks/wirbelwind and focke wulfs you often dont live very long with the typhoon.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-09-2009, 03:09:02 »
Yeah I kinda agree with Fuchs about the river. Its the only thing that divides the gameplay and usually cuts the flow of play, people will start sitting in their tanks and wait for someone to make a move across. I think it could be just normal terrain so the initial push is on through the countryside and not through bottlenecks.

BUT I do agree its also sad to remove it because Sorken made the bridge for it. Personally tho, I would lean to no river option, while I still dont mind it being there. But as it is now, many times I am leading a massive canadian tank charge in my cromwell and I have shermans and churchills following me as we storm to factory and then to windmill, but when I start my attack to south through the shallow parts, I always end up being alone because the rest are pansies and are afraid of kittens lurking in the vegetation. If it was no clear "barrier" and bottleneck, I think more people would keep on these attacks and not leave me (or anyone who does this like me) face the dangers by themselfs.

good tankers on firefly/achilles would immediately bust any kittens that open fire.

and smoke, spottersm commander arty.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10-09-2009, 13:09:00 »
Yeah, GOOD firefly/achilles tankers...

Offline el Garstico

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-09-2009, 17:09:02 »
mabe you can fix the rails, because its very easy to derail in the bend.
;D
Signature is too large.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #20 on: 12-09-2009, 19:09:24 »
mabe you can fix the rails, because its very easy to derail in the bend.
That should be probably reported as a bug.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #21 on: 13-09-2009, 06:09:10 »
Yes train car for the win! does it steer off of the tracks?

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-09-2009, 02:09:11 »
Sacrifice your tank for the greater good! storm the other side of the river.
Based on first impressions, its rather hard for Canada to capture the other flags, or atleast hold them. However, most maps change their balance dramatically as people learn better strategies. Give it a while, and see if the balance changes.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:13 »
I saw the Canadians cap all flags recently.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:41 »
Just today/last night the Canadians capped and held all flags.  Partially because the Axis airforce sucked and they forgot to man their AA guns, but it is possible.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14-09-2009, 14:09:25 »
the Axis airforce sucked
This. They came in straight and level, and pulled out likewise. Slow enough that I could drop a 190 with the Windmill's 88. And they hardly bothered to suppress AA at all. (At least I assume we were in the same game, because I haven't yet seen Axis take such a beating on Totalize yet.)

To be honest, though, the German side seemed to lack coordination. There seemed to be no concentrated push across the river, only individual, unsupported backcappers going for Factory and/or Windmill and beaten back. Also, when the lone German trying to recap FlaK Battery was slain, the flag remained uncontested for like minutes until there was a wave of Canadians. After Canadian tanks settled on top of the Artillery Battery, with the southern PaK on the FlaK Battery hill sideshotting the kittens coming in from the SW uncap, it was all but over.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #26 on: 15-09-2009, 01:09:54 »
Right now in general teamplay is hit and miss. 2.2’s Normandy brought out of woodwork bunch of noobs, even by BF2 standards and it gets frustrating (no artillery spots, poor tanking/flying etc.). They still need to learn a lot, to get real “wow! factor” out of FH2 with its sometimes epic battles. We just need time.

P. S. 2.2 brought out idiot teamkillers who run around hacking own teammates for no good reason — I haven’t seen those for years even in BF2 and 2142.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #27 on: 16-09-2009, 22:09:05 »
Map was ok.

IMO far from the best one in the mod. Simply because for me, it doesn't feel like a real place. It seems to busy. Too many hills and vallys etc. It doesn't feel like normandy to me, it feels like a arcade/vanilla map (granted it is a vanilla heightmap) Goodwood is the ultimate tanking map for me, not Totalize.

Maps like Goodwood, Falaise, etc Feel like Normandy, look like Normandy and are believable.

So for Totalize i'd give a 6-7/10

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #28 on: 22-09-2009, 15:09:22 »
i would like to see the planes respawn  a bit quicker.
with all those flaks/wirbelwind and focke wulfs you often dont live very long with the typhoon.
I like it the current way, because it gives Air supperiority for a few minutes. Not just for short seconds until the other lad is up again with his plane to give it another try.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #29 on: 22-09-2009, 18:09:04 »
Sorry, unrelated...

I love your sig'

Guns of Brixton