Author Topic: Historical Vandalism  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Historical Vandalism
« on: 13-11-2013, 19:11:50 »
That's what I would call these savagery:

I don't know what to say about this, besides it is a clearly blatant copy of these Japan Airlines livery design:

Except the characters depicted there are unlicensed, not coming from the same studio, and totally messed up.

BTW, the plane is an Ilyushin Il-14, recently rescued from its mangled condition inside a very thick tropical jungle, with most of its aft section broken and the rudder mostly torn out. The plane served in the Indonesian Air Force since 1957, 22 of them. It helped transporting goods to needy regions during the hard times of early Indonesia. It is not restored to its full original colours, but rather "creatively" painted in this obnoxious Japanese video game and anime characters. The Shetshov ASh-82 (same model of engine that powers the legendary WW2 fighters La-5 and La-7) propeller blade that has some Russian words written in it were completely painted over. The plane is a junk now. The whole Indonesian military enthusiast community mourned, and baffled by the authority's decision to put this on display at some local joint military/civilian airport in the city of Malang. It should have gone straight to our historical military museum right here in Jakarta.

And in Jakarta, we have this in some Technical high school (the kind of high school you go to get working certificates).

This one is donated to be displayed as a gate guardian at that school (the name painted at it SMK Negeri 29 - 29th National Vocational High School). It is a AT-6 Harvard, ex Dutch Air Force training aircraft. So it has that much historical value.

Just look at how fail the stupid painter was by trying to replicate shark mouth. You simply can't do that on radial-engined plane silly noob! The original paint scheme is very humble:

Why bother repainting it, even with shittier paint schemes?

All these kinds of planes ask is a dignified retirement and peace after serving through several turmoil and witnessing some brutal act and listened to some important conversation that may reveal the true history that shaped our country today, but well, some of them are like:

Sigh.

I hope no other country experience this.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Historical Vandalism
« Reply #1 on: 13-11-2013, 19:11:34 »
At least you guys dont have dumbfucks who write their names with permanent markers in ancient churches and mosques.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-11-2013, 19:11:30 »
There's this T-34-85 in London that is a popular graffiti target: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandela_Way_T-34_Tank

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-11-2013, 19:11:17 »
At least you guys dont have dumbfucks who write their names with permanent markers in ancient churches and mosques.

There is also another Dc-3 monument in Aceh, which has become frequent target for illegal graffiti by school children playing around it. The aircraft itself is a replica of the first plane that this Republic ever had. But the authority, in cooperation with schools, has continuously educating the children on the importance of keeping the historical side clean and preserving its authenticity. The vandalism around the monument has now been significantly reduced into occasional littering.

There's this T-34-85 in London that is a popular graffiti target: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandela_Way_T-34_Tank

I don't know about T-34-85, since their population is significant enough, and this particular target was a movie props of the real thing.

But in Russia itself, like in Kubinka, they don't even bother to put the correct paint scheme on their collections. That's pretty saddening, since USSR has one of the grittiest military paint scheme, and it is very interesting.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-11-2013, 04:11:22 »

^This

You have 500+ year forts built into the sea and the first thing you see is "I <3 U" weitten in goddamn chalk.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-11-2013, 04:11:15 »
to cite a grafitti in my town:

Nothing says "I love you" like a bit of vandalism
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-11-2013, 05:11:19 »
Yeah, a country's millenia of history always pales to the heady rush of the boner.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-11-2013, 13:11:21 »

Lol, where is that?

I know the one in the strict city center: An** S*x is really sweet to me

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-11-2013, 17:11:47 »

I understand about that ancient urge of that classic mating ritual from our most basic, perhaps primordial brain part.

But it is completely a juvenile, thrill-seeking, unnecessary display of affection, when our brains have evolved so much to think of pulling much better stunt. It can only be compared to people who decided to swallow as much of his own shit as possible to get recorded in Guinness book of world record. It is hilarious for a moment, but after going through some amount, the realization has just knock in.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-11-2013, 18:11:20 »
Another example from Czech Republic, military museum Lešany

"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-11-2013, 19:11:00 »
Meh, might even say it keeps history alive.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-11-2013, 20:11:17 »
^ What's wrong with a tank painted in the "Desert pink" paint scheme? :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-11-2013, 21:11:36 »
Those damn vandals.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oKyoiT0_M&feature=share&list=PLRPW3IFnQj1xKbkG9W83bNYFUanfLjjnE#t=21m

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16-11-2013, 15:11:21 »
That just looks pretty cool. Great object to use for graffiti. I'm blaspheming saying this in this forum, I know, but as long as it isn't the last of its kind, why not make something interesting and fun out of these, make them into art. More pleasant to look at if they're just out in the open. Of course if they belong to a museum, then that's a different thing.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16-11-2013, 16:11:01 »
ajappat, what accent is this? Irish or am I completely wrong?

EDIT: I shoud have read the comments, it's Scottish. The damn "Did you know, the comments changed"-add  hid them.
He sounds like the engineer in Mass Effect :P
« Last Edit: 16-11-2013, 17:11:48 by |7th|Nighthawk »
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."