Author Topic: How to deal with Smacktards on the Servers  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: How to deal with Smacktards on the Servers
« Reply #30 on: 08-10-2013, 02:10:37 »
So you sit 24/7 on our servers with a stop watch and an excel table to calculate the mean time in between infraction and kick. Did not figure there are people with that much spare time.
Otherwise you would never make such an unfounded claim, right, Korsakov?
No no, I meant to mean estimated, that's the proper English word for it, sorry.

We have been around since 2009. That is 4 years if I count right. Where did you go to preschool and learn to count? Wall mart television, Burger King drive in?
Are you sure it's 4 years? I might be wrong and confusing servers, it is a pretty unoriginal name to be honest. If so my mistake then.

How about you play on another server? I am so close to giving you a free ride ticket off from all [762] servers. I just cannot bear the thought that you ever should come back and torture yourself with the unbearable administration.
Well thanks for caring about me, considering that I've broken most of the server rules right in front of you I never stopped to think you were looking out for me.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08-10-2013, 02:10:44 »
Come on, no need to fire this up further Odium, especially after what Slayer said... Let Korsakov have his opinion and that's it. This is not about any discussion anymore it's just flamewar and none of you will agree in the end anyway.

When you have the player support, then there's no 762 defense force needed to fight off any criticism. Isn't one clear statement from your point of view like 5hitm4k3r stated on the first page enough? In my opinion it is.

I mean, you say you got the support from the playerbase, then no need to go mad at single people that criticize you, no matter if true or false what they say.
So when I still have something to criticize, then it's the occasionally unprofessional way of dealing with people that say something against 762. You could help prevent that threads like this escalate as well and remove the offensive tone between the lines for example and switch to a more neutral one. As server admins of the last active FH2 server you are in a position that does not quite force you to strike back on people like that, even if you feel offended.

Just leaving my opinion.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-10-2013, 02:10:16 »
Everybody just needs to eat a snickers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixNh9L7G5M

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #33 on: 08-10-2013, 04:10:35 »
"People that say something against 762" That would be one thing.

With korsakov it is different in a way that he does not give any facts just made up stories that are not true.
(Yes I am responsible for 762, too. So I a) do know we started in 2009 and b) will defend myself and my team against lies being spread. In the tone that is fitting and understandable to the critic. (If you wish to call him that.)

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-10-2013, 04:10:17 »
Oh the facts are there but you're often so preoccupied with bending to the will of every player who reports someone that you can't observe them, one day you'll realize you and your fellow admins aren't so golden after all. See that's the problem here, you're assuming that you are doing a good job.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #35 on: 08-10-2013, 04:10:51 »
Indeed, we are assuming that. Fun fact, player count is proving us right.
That is what is bugging you, we know.

But you will be ignored until you bring facts to the table.
Until then, feel free to mindlessly rant, insult, flame, complain as much as you wish. Please, do go on.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08-10-2013, 05:10:59 »
Please, do go on.

No please don't. Any of you, ever again in any thread on these forums.

I visit these forums to read and talk about FH2. (Maybe I'm just selfish...) We've been so good recently in preventing threads from turning into an anti-762 vs. pro-762 flame war. Hasn't this been beat to death already?

Come on, bury the hatchet or grow the eff up. This is directed at any and all of you, not singling anyone out, I'm just tired of sifting through endless walls of text filled with BS to actually get to some real talk about the topic on hand.

So... FH2 anyone?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08-10-2013, 05:10:16 »
Hasn't this been beat to death already?
No I feel that 762 could be improved upon, and it should be but it is being denied that there is something wrong.

As far as player count goes the origin of 762's popularity goes back to their ranking system, people started to frequent it because of that, and now with the official ranking what brings people back the most is other players being online, not the admins. Again I'm willing to bet if the server went offline for a week and the ranking wiped people would forget about that place if not for the 64+ code.

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08-10-2013, 11:10:10 »
best way to deal with idiots is to screen shot, lots of screen shots help prove its not just a one of
if you have a particular problem that drives you mad, make a post on the servers forums.  If enough people complain something may get sorted

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08-10-2013, 12:10:08 »
No I feel that 762 could be improved upon, and it should be but it is being denied that there is something wrong.

As far as player count goes the origin of 762's popularity goes back to their ranking system, people started to frequent it because of that, and now with the official ranking what brings people back the most is other players being online, not the admins. Again I'm willing to bet if the server went offline for a week and the ranking wiped people would forget about that place if not for the 64+ code.

And again you claim something without any proof. If you really think that it is up to a ranking system alone, then you are either blind or just not cappable of counting one and one together. Our server was the sole running 64 player server before 2.45 was released and even today people fill up our 64 player server quite often. That people have the habit to join our server is a result of many different things. And we don't have the 64+ player code - same as FlH has it - because we did nothing for it. It was not a little present on a silver plate. It is a result of an effort, the will to learn something and the work of different people, though the mastermind behind it is Nemesis.

We have no problems with people having their opinions, even different people in the admin team have different opinions about certain things like our rules. But it is something else to claim things as if they are set in stone and that's exactly the thing that you do with every of your post and I will unpick everyone of them until you learn what propper argumentation means - and not telling lies without any proof.

You still owe us a proof that "false reports work all the time", wich was 3 pages ago. Instead you post a screenshot of you breaking a server rule and getting kicked for it. Do you want to ask Runkel, was he thinks about reports?

Feel free to make a suggestion in our forum, but even for that you are too lazy. If it means so much to you to improve our admin policy, why don't you do anything except telling how fucked up our admins and rules are?! We take constructive critics serious, but what you do is far away from that. You are on a good way to get the same reputation and credibility as our fellow friend Kwiot btw. - Well played.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08-10-2013, 13:10:08 »
OK, take it to their forums then. It is not needed here.

@ 762 crew: pls don't feed the fire.