Author Topic: TEAMWORK - And why it actually works.  (Read 14586 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: TEAMWORK - And why it actually works.
« Reply #105 on: 15-11-2014, 20:11:53 »
One anegdote:
THis night on 15.11.2014 i was playing on 762 Ranked and i was in (ZF)Dreamdghf.. squad.Vossenack.We  were driving from german baze to the south flag (down from vossenack church), four of us in Kublewagen. Then in front of us three americans also in kubelwagen cross fast to the some barn.We go after them and parked next to them but on the other side of the wall next to that barn.It was like real gang style fight.We were shooting at them and then into us.One of them shot two of our when one ours take him.I took one right when i jumped from Kubel and were fighting with last one.It was tense and then GERMAN hetzer took me and him ;D(LOL).It was great to watch and we were laughting a lot after. ;D ;D ;D
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15-11-2014, 20:11:57 »
And if anyone knows who was in that squad 15.11.2014 at 7 hours ECT,Vossenack please write.Or just squadleader name(If it helps i was commander 2 rounds before Vossenack).Also if anyone knows if IrishReloaded,Berkolok,drama123 or BEATRIXX(NL) have their youtube acount and if they are recording.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 19-12-2014, 14:12:53 »
"It takes ONE squad to tip the balance"

ATTACKING
Often times, you'll find yourself moving on an enemy of aproximately equal strength.

1. To break the stalemate, and tip the balance in your team's favor, locate the enemy flank and attack them from there.
2. Everything from a single unit to a squad, to an army have a flank. By attacking them there, you put them on the defensive and weaken their attack strength in any single direction.
3. Maintain the flanking attack, and push into them as hard as possible to force them to split their forces up or face being crushed between two armies.
4. Once in range of their flag, get into the cap zone, keeping your squad leader in a defensible rear position. You will maintain your reinforcement, and eliminate theirs.
5. Once the area is secure, position yourself to repel a counter-attack. NEVER defend from behind a flag.

DEFENDING
1. Keep any defensive guns active at all times. Call in auxiliary support to deal with out-of-range enemy threats that prevent you keeping your guns working such as artillery or air assets.
2. Use mines at flank entry points so you can focus on a manageable number of routes the enemy can come at you. Replace mines that serve, and keep situational awareness of the strongest enemy push.
3. Rinse, repeat to ensure waves upon waves crash against your defensive lines.
4. When facing the hardest enemy push, all your line to compress to allow for the greatest defensive impact against the enemy. Once the enemy attack weakens, push them as far as your original positions before assessing if you can launch your own attack or re-establish your defenses. Unless the first condition is met, DO NOT PUSH PAST YOUR ORIGINAL LINES OR you will stretch your defense team too thin to be effective.
5. To know when it's time to organize an attack after a successful defense, get a feel for the goings of the battle, and begin your own offensive once their attack is broken. You can tell this by a lull in the fighting, with the enemy not showing any sign of making tactical gains. Any fighting should be seen at this point as being mere stragglers, and should be dealt with swiftly as you start your offense, to prevent the enemy taking the initiative once again.

Final notes,
i. The flow of battle is about who has the initiative. Take the initiative and keep it, forcing the enemy to play a defensive battle at all times.
ii. In defense, cause the enemy to crash against your defensive lines, compressing it only enough to absorb their greatest impact rather than break.
iii. Begin your own offensive once their attack breaks. Indefinite defenses are unsustainable.
« Last Edit: 19-12-2014, 14:12:12 by djinn »