Author Topic: TEAMWORK - And why it actually works.  (Read 14620 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: TEAMWORK - And why it actually works.
« Reply #90 on: 17-09-2014, 19:09:16 »
So what kind of problems do you have with the scoutplanes? Because I have none.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 17-09-2014, 19:09:55 »
He's mostly saying from commander's point of view the ability to use the map from scout plane is not very useful because scout pilots are rare (and get killed often).
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 17-09-2014, 20:09:52 »
So getting killed often is a problem? What makes the commander player more special than the normal player?

Using the minimap in the scoutplane is a problem? Well, if I can do this with a normal plane than a skilled and experienced commander should atleast be able to do the same thing, don't you think?

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 17-09-2014, 20:09:15 »
Commander cannot use the scoutplane by himself and i believe the scanner sweep is a bad idea

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 17-09-2014, 21:09:23 »
Sorry, but I am not sure whether I can follow your logic. On one hand you scream for more teamwork and on the other hand you want mechanics simplified so that they require less teamwork so that people can be even more powerfull on their own.

A good commander can use the scoutplane on his own to uncover hidden units what I find pretty powerfull and together with a team mate (teamplay) the plane can become even more usefull. Where is the problem?

I think I don't have to explain you that the commander farms a lot of points anyway just by being commander.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 18-09-2014, 21:09:44 »
Seems we both cant understand each other, and the thread is derailed too far.

Lets meet again in two weeks. Im not in an ok position to write right now. Ill open a discussion and ill also have an ability to read the previous thread that was pointed out.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 20-09-2014, 22:09:13 »
Commander is nice, but I think the scope of FH2 doesn't permit it to really do what it needs to.
So essentially all it does is call arty and drop ammo boxes; the latter of which is not useful in most maps where there is too many ammo boxes as is.

But in an imperfect world, some people do excel at being commanders.
Especially on maps like Point du Hoc, a good commander can put an end to a German attempt at a counter-attack where otherwise, a good squad will have to have hankered down and blunted the enemy in CQB.

Some commanders even get people to follow their orders with a bit of command arrows and clear explanation of why as well as a general sense that they are seasoned players, and not n00bs.

Still, this is the really rare case.

But commander discussion over.

We are talking teamplay, which may include commander, but should be focused on the How-To as proof its function, not simply argument about Game Design.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 26-09-2014, 10:09:34 »
Back to topic!
Omaha beach,25th September,2014 21:20 ECT

Our squad was new and headed strait to hell,middle flag WT72.SL dinjix first ran out and trow some smoke while hole army of MG were firing at us.We found some cover,fired few round and waited to arty clean the beach.We didnt have choice and only way was to rush the flag.Soon two flags,middle and left ,were ours and our division were already attacking third flag.But thousands of germans were defending third flag.Soon were fights chest of chest,granates and knifes were only way to get forward.We were capturing trench by trench,germans were waiting behind every corner.Dinjix was covering me but soon we were surrounded and killed.There were now PoW.After several attacks from beach and behind-land and friendly fire of arty third flag was ours.While we were taking care about german partisans soldiers,taking few drinks to celebrate and gathering at one place, squad 7 was already captured one flag and was deeply into enemy teritory.SL dinjix said we need to support squad 7 fast and were in move.When we got to squad 7,flag was neutralized and we needed to rush.Soon were fights like at beach.Granates, death soldiers and granates were everywhere and front line was going forward slow but safe.After arty we charged and captured secon flag with squad 5.In meanwhile ship arty was destroying church flag and germans morale was low .When we attacked flag there where only 10-15 Germans defending it and victory was fast and sweet.We sit down to rest,turned radio to hear news about Gold beach landing(where we where send to after).Commander give us some medals although we didnt want;Medal of Honor,Purple Heart,Silver Star and 1 day of rest,till 26thSeptember,2014 :)

P.S.Dont know who was in squad 7 but they were good! :)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 26-09-2014, 10:09:22 »
Squadleader was dinjix,dinn it was nice expirience.Only he and me where talking but squad was also cooperate 4-5 men but his leadership was main.That is the first time i win on omaha beach on american side. :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 28-09-2014, 11:09:00 »
Thanks, Ivancic1941.

I hope I was't to rough. I get that way, I'm afraid in the heat of things.

The beach part was frustrating. Total chaos. And I was especially frustrated we weren't the ones to take the flags, but we definitely tied a bulk of the enemy and helped squad 7.

VOIP, smoke, coordinatin with other arms of the army, and being aware of what other squads are doing and basin your squad action on that. I feel these things make all the difference in teamplay.

It really does.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 28-09-2014, 11:09:56 »
Well,it can be said we were really fighting and always in move.I hope we will play again 8)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 29-09-2014, 07:09:06 »
The gold beach round on SAT was like this.

1. we took hable according to the exploits I had learned from randoom, and we waited for the rest of the team to take the swamps.

2. we moved out for swamps, told the rest to defend hable and coincidentally lost hable, we took swamps in the third try with a shitton of smoke, but lost it trying to clear up the west end of the trench.

3.we once again left for hable and decided to defend it till the end, moved and waited at beachhead when it was captured.

4. we waited and waited until I got really mad and decided to rush into the capzone of the swamps. After a lucky triple kill(have I ever mentioned how much I hate 1s1k?) me and my squad managed to take control of the beach without a second of armor support.

And a bullet takes me out of nowhere so our fighting force to take the southwestern flag is halved, and we lose the match  struggling to defend the beachhead.

Squadplay works best when you make sure it doesnt fight. Because when dug up its doomed to detoriate.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 29-09-2014, 07:09:14 »
Surely these were different rounds but this is what happens when the teams are stacked. That night we didnt win a single match, even mareth line, as axis.

To be honest I can emphatise with teamswitching semi competent people. Because noobs are not only ineffective at communication, but also they are sure to die when they face their only challenges.

And they barely know the maps so they get no help against campers.
« Last Edit: 29-09-2014, 07:09:08 by Airshark79 »

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 29-09-2014, 15:09:10 »
My usually tactic is to die a lot ;D.Im not some expert but i always have more dies then kills(but not when im on arty).That is because usually my team is camping,tanks are nowhere and not supporting,..Then i feel that i need to rush and try something or die.That is always on omaha.Everybody is at right beach flag,near AT gun doing nothing because they know germans are in trench!!So i use my smoke or granate and charge into it!         
In 90% of my charges I kill one or two germans(sometimes i continue or sometimes die)AFTER that, my team capture the flag and i dont get my Medal of Honor :'(

Offline Sergeant_Roland

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 15-10-2014, 18:10:45 »
I think that if you want to improve teamplay you need to make a good communication system (Like the mumble in Project Reality) Also you need to get that "fear" to players that dying is bad so they can improve following orders etc.
"We only speak with the language they know: the Machine Gun"