Author Topic: "Damazian Theory"  (Read 4354 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: "Damazian Theory"
« Reply #75 on: 28-08-2013, 18:08:10 »
See guys? Now you pushed him so far he wants to organize a coup d'état!

I would be very worried about my hide if I were at your place! Good thing is I haven't offended Damaso in any way AFAIK, so I should be relatively safe... :P

Capitalism works, but not when it's rotten. The social state needs to exist and taxes should of course be proportional to the wealth of a citizen (pretty much what it is now, the problem is that "third world" countries are taking over all the Westerners jobs because their people will work for a bag of rice and learn everything they can just to succeed. While people in the "first world" are less and less inclined to work and learn, they are used of their states taking care of them. They just got lazy, that's all.)

The problem begins when you get very powerful rich people with corrupted minds in charge. The masses need to control the wealth and democratically decide where they want to put it, not a minority of rich bastards trying to get even richer (but we all know that's unlikely to happen, because the masses barely know anything about politics, even with the supposedly "modern" education) ...

I believe the West is in a quite hairy situation now. They are divided in their goals and future plans. They are enjoying (well the rich ones) getting even richer by the day with the help of a cheap workforce. But what to do when those people start demanding better wages, better work hours, better living conditions? And of course there are the Middle Eastern crises. While I'm not really sure who's behind them (they could even be a natural phenomena caused by globalization and the spread of Western lifestyle, no matter how unlikely that sounds) the West is certainly trying to profit from them, but because of lacking public support they can't do it the way they would want, and even if they could there's a big possibility to fail as the Muslim world is too damn different compared to our Western one.

Also, Damaso, you are still young and idealistic, as you get older you will realize there's a lot more to the modern world than you think. It's not as simple as being in charge of a big country and deciding where should you put the money, because it's not about you, it's about the 10 million other people that want something from you, and you can't give all of them what they want. You can't fool yourself of being the reincarnated Sebastião I that whole of Portugal is expecting to come back and rescue them.
« Last Edit: 28-08-2013, 19:08:31 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 28-08-2013, 19:08:07 »

I hope this doesnt become any kind of meme  :-\

And obviously more people may save it... hoewer, i stay with the politics area... since im the one who has this real goal in life

...and you wouldn't be considered ridiculous if you were a dictator because...?

becoming ridiculous in a democracy = people dont vote you (you dont even get to be president/primer minister)

Becoming ridiculous in a dictatorialship = if youre the dictator, you may still continue to work on your project even if people think youre behaving in an ridiculous way

« Last Edit: 28-08-2013, 19:08:48 by Damaso »

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28-08-2013, 19:08:51 »
Didn´t you say that you suck in school? How do you imagine to become a high ranking officer with enough influence to force a Coup D´Etat? Especially in times when the government isn´t willing to spend more on defense only the best will be able to climb up the ladder and if your grades are shit you won´t stand a chance. Besides, it takes ages to become a Staff Officer or even General. There´s a reason these guys are always older than your average soldier.

Also, if you suck as a dictator and don´t have a stable power base you´ll end up hung from a tree. Just sayin...you wouldn´t be the first dictator who wakes up eating caviar and goes to "sleep" forever at the same day.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28-08-2013, 19:08:29 »

Becoming ridiculous in a dictatorialship = if youre the dictator, you may still continue to work on your project even if people think youre behaving in an ridiculous way

No, you can't.
At least in democracies the worst thing that can happen to you is to be put in jail after you're overthrown.

That's it, you're too young to understand politics.

School's about to begin, I suggest you start studying and get good grades, and drop the spreading of your political views, until you start understanding how shit works in reality. Should get you some friends too.
And relax. Just...relax.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Biiviz

« Reply #79 on: 28-08-2013, 20:08:45 »

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 28-08-2013, 20:08:39 »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28-08-2013, 20:08:47 »
I'm just reading this thread for Bouras's hilarious photoshops.  ;D
« Last Edit: 28-08-2013, 21:08:51 by Turkish007 »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28-08-2013, 21:08:19 »

Damn it Bouras, just couldn't resist

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 28-08-2013, 21:08:09 »
Yes, we are being kind of rude here, but I think Bouras figured it's the only way to get the message across, in the end.

On the other hand, it's good to be able to laugh at your own expense. Just not too much.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 28-08-2013, 21:08:25 »
Yes, we are being kind of rude here, but I think Bouras figured it's the only way to get the message across, in the end.

On the other hand, it's good to be able to laugh at your own expense. Just not too much.

Shit! i removed my anterior message by mistake!

Anterior message: I dont know if i should laugh to this.. but these pics are actually hilarious.. altougth im getting kinda humiliated here, and most of them arent acurrated

Still im laughing a lot with that "Ship of dictators pic" i cant stop laughing! but at the same time i feel kinda sick because im humilhating myself.. so i feel sad and laugh at the same time

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 28-08-2013, 21:08:53 »
Vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPBj_K_giFg

Well... since its time for "Henrique Dâmaso´s memes" i think i should be able to show my reaction to your reply:

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 28-08-2013, 22:08:29 »
« Last Edit: 28-08-2013, 22:08:13 by PanzerKnacker »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 28-08-2013, 22:08:43 »
Oh seriously people. You've had your fun. Lock.

Next time I see thread go like this, I start banning people.