Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 28032 times)

Offline caeno

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #480 on: 05-05-2017, 10:05:56 »
You gotta get a new computer :P I don't mind if people are playing on old rigs, but you most certainly can gain an advantage by lowering graphics. Things like lightmaps, undergrowth etc... don't render and make it far easier to see people.

People who lower their graphics with computers that are just fine, are genuinely mind boggling to me.

When you grew up with computers like Amiga, Commodore64, Atari etc. you might not be so into graphics. ;) Personally I still play really old games, because the _gameplay_ is great. Nowadays we just have pretty crap on top of pretty crap with no real gameplay improvements.

Hence my reason to play with lower graphics - I do not care how pretty a game looks. I care about gameplay mechanics being good. :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 05-05-2017, 16:05:00 »
Hence my reason to play with lower graphics - I do not care how pretty a game looks. I care about gameplay mechanics being good. :)
OK, but why not both? FH2 has nice gameplay AND can look good :)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 05-05-2017, 18:05:25 »
Agree about gfx. Playing on old laptop should not be thee standard :-) But not all fps in-game are gfx card related  >:(

This was resently reposted on battlelog
BF2: Best Competition Video Settings
http://aphnetworks.com/forums/topic/1577-bf2-best-competition-video-settings/

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 07-05-2017, 05:05:43 »
It would be nice it was possible to make UG and lightmaps render even in low graphics.  Low graphics should just look crappier(less detail).  They should not give a critical advantage.  The current situation makes using undergrowth as concealment, pointless and ruins night maps.

Offline Balloon with mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 19-05-2017, 08:05:59 »
I would like to see a clear note about my mistake, my TK

I changed default string HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_TEAMKILLS in english_fh.utxt to §1#PLAYERNAME1#§C1001[§1TeamKills§0 §1#WEAPON#§0]§C1001#PLAYERNAME2#. Now I clearly see who I TKed or who TKed me.