Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 38972 times)

Offline JellySoda

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #660 on: 09-02-2019, 23:02:46 »
Would it be possible to be able to mount deployable MGs on chest-height stuff rather than having to lay down to do it? So many times I've been in a trench that was keeping me safe however, I was unable to deploy the MG on the perfectly good top of the trench and be able to lay down some fire. Having to lay down and get out of the protective trench or bunker in order to fire the deployed MG is very counter-intuitive and more often than not gets you killed.

Offline FiveStars

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 10-02-2019, 12:02:03 »
Engine limitations. However on the note of MGs, I'd like to campaign to the dev's to have the aim time of the MG-42 be much faster

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 10-02-2019, 13:02:16 »
IIRC Project Reality mod has a different approach to deploying MG's; you can deploy MG's when crouching or standing, but it will stop you from moving. Maybe something similiar could be implemented.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 10-02-2019, 13:02:48 »
Lets beat the dead horse some more:

While the PR's method is pretty much the only feasible and flexible way of doing this, it also has the drawback where you could do this anywhere. So you'd have a gunner standing in the middle of a road with the gun deployed on nothing and firing with the increased accuracy the bipod would give you.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 10-02-2019, 16:02:20 »
While the PR's method is pretty much the only feasible and flexible way of doing this, it also has the drawback where you could do this anywhere. So you'd have a gunner standing in the middle of a road with the gun deployed on nothing and firing with the increased accuracy the bipod would give you.

Actually there might be another way of doing it, but it would probably have some limitations. What if you make the MGs deployable like those in the deployable MG kit? That way you can still deploy it on a sandbag, low wall or a wooden crate...

The limits are that sometimes it gets lost because of buggy statics and I'm not sure if it's possible to have linked ammo between the "deployable" and the normal version. Oh and another thing is it increases the load on the server IIRC.

However I see either that or the PR way being the only way forward for FH2 otherwise newer games will steal all the players. Even bloody H&G got bipods in a recent patch FFS!

Having said that the devs have a proven track record of being really stubborn regarding gameplay changes because of the delicate map balance so you shouldn't get your hopes up JellySoda.

I've personally been campaigning for some things for years but the last major gameplay change I can remember was the angle mod back in 2.4
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...