Author Topic: Best 2.2 moments so far!  (Read 13146 times)

Offline Venous

• Wawawewa
    • View Profile
Re: Best 2.2 moments so far!
« Reply #30 on: 07-09-2009, 11:09:14 »
I was hiding behind a hedge with my Pz IV on Totalize, destroyed 5-6 incoming tanks before I died. Best moment so far  ;D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-09-2009, 12:09:16 »
I was hiding behind some trees with my Sherman, when all of the sudden a german Machine gunner came peeking round the corner. He took one look at me and thought "Oh shit !!!". He ran back around the corner.
I started moving forward and to give him a chase.
I just finished creeping around the corner when I saw two German tanks and one infantry squad barrelling down on me.
I thought "Oh shit !!!" , panicked and overshot the first tank, rammed my tank in reverse and try to flee the scene.
Boom went my tank  :(

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-09-2009, 23:09:49 »
Alright, my turn.
I'll describe my best and my worst FH 2.2 experience.
I was playing on Pointe du Hoc (map size 32) as allies the other day. We already had the Farm CP and YAY, PITCHFORK!
So i grabbed the kit and went out into the killing fields repeatedly shouting "Charge!" and screaming in a badass way as I go. A SdKfz. 251 with 6 people in it somehow doesn't spot me. Even though it is chock-full of Jerries, none of 'em is mounting the rear MG (well, it's pointing at their side anyways, so why bother?) so I run behind it and follow it back into our territory, waiting for the perfect moment.
Just a few seconds after I started following it, the driver went straight into one of the craters, exposing the open top to me as he's driving out again.
Well, what can I say. 6 shotgun shells, 6 enemies. Do the maths.  ;D
I nearly got kicked for hacking because of that lucky moment.

For the other story, we stay on the same map but change sides and the player.
Imagine you're driving around in your Stug, firing your MG at every enemy soldier in sight. Suddenly, a guy in a german uniform with a Stahlhelm on and an MP40 in his hands runs past your precious piece of armor.
Hell, that must be one of them nasty allied spies! You fire about 20 rounds at him, managing to hit him once in the arm despite your obvious lack of aiming skills. He dives down behind a rock and starts screaming "cease fire" in german. That Yankee bastard thinks he can fool you by learning your language! You fire another 20 rounds at the rock he is hiding behind while he keeps shouting until he is muted for voice spamming.
Some teammate writes “CEASE FIRE” in all caps through the team chat. Bah, he must be addressing someone else, after all you’re shooting at an enemy spy, right?
As you stop firing that guy pops back up from behind his cover and turns his back at you, retreating slowly towards his territory. He must’ve forgotten that you’re there!
You dispatch him relatively fast by firing another 10 rounds at him, being rewarded with… A teamkill?? How can that be??

And, as you guessed it, the “Yankee Spy” was me. I immediately left the server and started banging my head to the wall until I was afraid I’d leave a mark there….

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #33 on: 07-09-2009, 23:09:19 »

And, as you guessed it, the “Yankee Spy” was me. I immediately left the server and started banging my head to the wall until I was afraid I’d leave a mark there….

Ohhohoho. Good twist. You should publish it as a novel.You shall title it..Mein kampf? And it shall sell millions and Oprah wi-

Hang on.. THERES A PITCH FORK KIT?!?! 8D

Offline Rustysteel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07-09-2009, 23:09:03 »
I just had the best cheesy war movie moment ever on operation totalize. I finally managed to have a go in one of the new planes in 2.2 picking the typhoon as I thought it'd be a blast. So, I'm just flying about trying to hit anything in my teams path when I get damaged by AA and return to base to repair. As I'm turning around for take off someone gets on the chat and says "we need support!", "tiger heading for our flag!" I'm taking off so I just quickly type "where?" and quickly as I've typed it this guy has spotted the tiger on the map for me. Just by pure luck it's directly ahead of me so I drop down flying over the friendly flag and nail that sucker with 4 rockets followed by a barrel roll 8) The guy pipes up in chat "Thanks airforce!".
« Last Edit: 08-09-2009, 00:09:33 by Rustysteel »

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07-09-2009, 23:09:05 »
"God bless the bloody RAF" would be a more appropriate phrase, the next time

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #36 on: 07-09-2009, 23:09:15 »
"God bless the bloody RAF" would be a more appropriate phrase, the next time

Followed by;

"Bloody tankers, always late."

Offline Osmanlizorb

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:15 »
nice stories guys :)

My greatest time was certainly on PDH, when we got the ammo bunker with our squad but the rest of the team failed to capture the observation bunker, effectively concentrating all german efforts on our lone squad and ammo bunker.
So we split into 2 groups and the squadleader was a bit hidden, so we could respawn when we lost the bunker.
It was a tug-of-war for the position but in the end we lost because of tickets.

There was this one time leading my KOMANDO squad in PHL, Popping out of the grass only to find at least 5 incautious germans infront of me.
First time the Garand proved useful to me, before that i was always using carbine because i couldnt hit stuff with Garand. Got the hang of it and served as respawn so my Squad could take the fourth position (the one just before the farm) but still lost the round as we failed to take the farm fast enough :)

I have yet to do the real tanking or any piloting, im a bit to lazy to connect the joystick when i join a server

:P
Playing:
FH2, PR Red Orchestra, DH Mod, Il2, Men of War, Mount & Blade, World in Conflict, Test Drive, Toribash, Source engine Mods

Offline Secondawakening

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:42 »
I was trying the stuka zu fuss, but didnt know how to aim  :P. I just shot randomly,  i accidently blew up 5 teammates  ::)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #39 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:31 »
that's a big 'woot da f***!' awakening ::)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:25 »
I was trying the stuka zu fuss, but didnt know how to aim  :P. I just shot randomly,  i accidently blew up 5 teammates  ::)
More like seven...

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:23 »
Best map- Falaise Pocket. On either side (though I prefer Canadian). Always a really good fight, especially once the Germans get into the proper town.

Best Weapon so far- Really like the M1 Carbine and the Browning Hi-Power, but the gun I've had most fun with is actually the 1928 Thompson on Fall of Tobruk. It seems not to recoil as much now and the 3D sights make it so, so satisfying. Great sound too.

Best Tank- Not really a tanker, but I enjoyed the speed of the Cromwell. Riding and repairing my squad leader's Panther was fun too.

Best Plane- I've had fun with the Typhoon and the new flight models on all the other planes, but have yet to take a plane away from a potentially far more successful pilot online ;)

Best Overall Moment Getting my first kill of 2.2 on Pointe du Hoc with a K98, then looking down and seeing that it was Lobo. And then, in a matter of seconds, losing the connection to the server.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #42 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:34 »
Best Overall Moment Getting my first kill of 2.2 on Pointe du Hoc with a K98, then looking down and seeing that it was Lobo. And then, in a matter of seconds, losing the connection to the server.
I'd say there was a connection between the two...

Offline Wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-09-2009, 00:09:59 »
The greatest WTF moment in the history of FH2 happened on Saturday a couple of hours after the release of 2.2.
Full size Pointe du Hoc, epic climbing scene.
And all of a sudden, a friendly mortar round hits the cliff right on the spot where everybody's climbing the ropes, except me (I was getting the flamethrower in the meantime) and the commander back in the big comm radio boat.
Everybody on our team except the mortar guy, me and the commander died.
Yeah, that was an EPIC fail.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08-09-2009, 01:09:44 »

Our secret line of code, I love it when a plan comes together!