Author Topic: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free  (Read 15995 times)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Re: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free
« Reply #15 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:40 »
Somewhere deep in EA's marketing lair:
(*imagine some evil music playing in the background*)

"Heya folks, I got an idea, let's:

1. Lure in people who are to lazy to read the full offer and understand all the catches that come with it.
2. Laugh at them when they realize they cannot play with their buddies who still have the original.
3. Spam them with advertisement and have fun analyzing/selling their customer data."

« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 21:11:17 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:22 »
Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

;D

and why on earth would anyone still use their CD version when it's free on Origin?
LOL!

2. Laugh at them when they realize they cannot play with their buddies who still have the original.

They can  ;) their buddies should just throw the CDs away and install Origin version  8)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #17 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:26 »
Because of the same reason some people think before they give away personal data (= install Origin), Natty. :)

And thank you, I decide for myself when to throw away things that I bought for money. :)
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 21:11:40 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:09 »
haha... really? they never use Google? Steam? iTunes?....basically any online service whatso-ever..

If they are too paranoid and tin-foil-hatty to use Origin then.... ::)... their loss. Origin is 100% safe to use, only trolls that dwell in dark forums belive otherwise.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #19 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:06 »
Are you being paid by the guys to promote that so intensively? Thanks for the "troll".

FYI (in case):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_%28content_delivery%29#Situation_in_Germany

You know Natty, there are some people around who have other opinions than you do.
And you cannot convince everyone.
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 21:11:54 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-11-2012, 21:11:00 »

and why on earth would anyone still use their CD version when it's free on Origin?

popular servers that use the original version maybe?

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:25 »
Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

;D

LOL!

They can  ;) their buddies should just throw the CDs away and install Origin version  8)

you're so full of fail natty. why would they ? they already have it installed, and likely they won't even know of this event.
why the hell can't EA just merge servers ? I also assume that this is only stock bf1942 with no add on. So whoever wants to play the add on will have to pay I guess ^^.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:29 »
Just played a few rounds, flying felt great. Using the B17 to transport ten guys (on the wings) to an outpost. Good times. I never liked flying in any other BF games after BF1942. Simply felt too floaty.

Oh yeah, I'm sick and tired of always seeing the same guys shitting up threads on these boards. You know who you are and you're not contributing anything so please just go away.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:14 »
yep Eglaerinionm I know.. they're trollz what can you expect? they are just predictable.

EA gives away bf1942 for free on the 10th anniversary and they QQ and whine that they need Origin, LOL!
Or that people cant play with the cd version, double-Lulz...or that they dont get the X-packs.. as if anyone cares about those.,
 check the server browser TrollaRio, 90% of all players are on Origin servers  ;D

you're so full of fail natty. why would they ? they already have it installed, and likely they won't even know of this event.
are you?
and wow, so hard it is to uninstall the cd version then install with Origin. Takes all but 2 mouse clicks!  ::)

naah, keep trying, but there isnt anything you can complain on here, sorry.

only 3 servers are for cd version and none of them full ;D
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 22:11:23 by Natty »

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:56 »
possible to host own server? any DC final servers up?
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline ville

• View Profile
    • Reach Elite Forces
« Reply #25 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:24 »

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-11-2012, 22:11:41 »
awesome , anyone got fast download links for DC final and the last FH release ?
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05-11-2012, 23:11:27 »
yep Eglaerinionm I know.. they're trollz what can you expect? they are just predictable.

EA gives away bf1942 for free on the 10th anniversary and they QQ and whine that they need Origin, LOL!
Or that people cant play with the cd version, double-Lulz...or that they dont get the X-packs.. as if anyone cares about those.,
 check the server browser TrollaRio, 90% of all players are on Origin servers  ;D

are you?
and wow, so hard it is to uninstall the cd version then install with Origin. Takes all but 2 mouse clicks!  ::)

naah, keep trying, but there isnt anything you can complain on here, sorry.

I don't really know why you think that is so funny? Obviously by any common sense it should work with cd version, if they don't have any difference other than method the game was installed. Also, not all people have 100M internet like you. Actually, quite many people don't and can't have.
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 23:11:21 by ajappat »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-11-2012, 23:11:02 »

*cough*

http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf1942/?sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC#search

I wonder if increased player count works with new servers... probably not... I don't see why some mods would switch to new ones then, except maybe for gaining publicity...
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 23:11:48 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05-11-2012, 23:11:42 »

now that you have been corrected, let me correct you more. Nobody is complaining about Origin, it would be silly. As long as I dont give them any money, im ok with instaling origin and playing for free the best bf game ever made  :)