Author Topic: Battlefield: Korea  (Read 11963 times)

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield: Korea
« Reply #45 on: 08-01-2016, 23:01:47 »
Was actually thinking at something else rather than a mod...

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08-01-2016, 23:01:15 »
Was actually thinking at something else rather than a mod...

Let me know if you get a hold of those guys.  I am going to finish a China map eventually and I would like to use some of their weapons.  I've already put them in game and they work OK for my purposes.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17-04-2016, 04:04:27 »
Hey guys, I have a small team that has started at trying to fix the mod up. We have the blessing to use some of the EOD2 and PR mod assets.

If anybody is interested in helping us out please let me know.

Here is what I posted over at PR forums, you can also see where we were given the ok by Rhino and a few other devs on the last 2 pages.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-topic-discussion/30105-battlefield-korea-16.html

Hey guys, I know it has been a long time, looks like 5 years lol, but I have started to get a small team together to try and get BFKorea in a better state.

So far I have 2 guys that can help out. Really what we need is somebody that can do animations for maybe 2 or 3 weapons. Most of the other guns were already fully animated in game.

I also would like to know what other mods we can have permission to use a few assets from. I know it was said above we could use some stuff from the EOD mod like the H34 chopper as a placeholder for a H19, but are there any other BSS mods we would be able to have permission to use any assets at all from?

I was thinking maybe we could hopefully use the US characters from the PR WW2 addon if that might be ok? For the North Koreans maybe we could edit some Vietcong solders from EOD perhaps?

Anyways this is all just speculation at this point, if anybody else could provide assistance to try and get this mod into a more playable state that it deserves please let me know.

I am only asking about assets from other BSS mods as BFKorea was in BSS and I already got permission to use a few things.

So far we have already started looking into porting some assets and testing things out. We might could use some help with re-texturing some things or fixing some animations out if anybody would like to lend a hand.

Thanks.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17-04-2016, 10:04:56 »
Maybe you ask your old chap chad509??
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC5bH0l1sqNFYDqK-w-Wfyqg
He says in his videos that he is on better game engines animations,but that he fires up 3dmax9 from time to time. He recently posted some old fh2 videos and said that he is still fh2 developer but doesnt have anything to do in development now (like he cant animate all that french guns and vehlichles... ::)) Im sure he can spare some time for your and his old mod..
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17-04-2016, 13:04:02 »
Hehe, I actually did just that very thing after I posted this. ;)

Just waiting on a reply now. Hopefully he still has an older build of the mod too as many maps were unfortunately removed due to instability. We don't have but only 2 original maps left now so I am hoping we can figure something out.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17-04-2016, 17:04:50 »
I am so glad to hear this. Wish I could help, but Im not very skilled in BF2 modding. Good luck!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 17-04-2016, 17:04:31 »
Me either but I am learning as I go. I am going to be looking at making maps to get started. We definitely need more maps for the mod. We seem to be generating a lot more interest over at the PR forums so if you want to keep up to date on progress check this thread.

I recommend at least reading the last 3 pages to get up to date with what we are trying to aim for.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-topic-discussion/30105-battlefield-korea-16.html

Start there and read forward so you don't have to go through all 18 pages.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14-05-2016, 00:05:27 »
Hey guys, sorry for the bump, but we are still looking for more people to add to the mod to help out with anything they can.

Currently we still need any help we can get. We are doing well porting vehicles from other mods we have permission from, but a few non-existing vehicles like the Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw helicopter model we have would need to be converted to the game. If anybody could please help us with this task we would be very grateful!

We still need custom maps, we have all handheld weapons in game and finished basically, and we have a lot of already made custom assets for Korean war maps, but we need somebody to place them on a good custom map for us.

As for weapons animations on a few missing things, chad509 is helping us out with that.

We have no custom player models yet either, but in the meantime we might use some PR WW2 US soldiers and for NK/China we might use a Russian player model from one of the WW2 mods out there that lets us use assets from.

If ANYBODY can help us out with anything we would be grateful!

PR and the IDF mod have all let us use missing assets. For some of these assets we could really use a texture artist to help make the vehicles fit better into our mod.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14-05-2016, 20:05:43 »
You could find some people who wish to help you out at ModDb. You should get control of the mod's old page there and announce the revival. I'm sure there would be people willing to help.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15-05-2016, 19:05:13 »
I actually did just that about 10 hours ago.  ;)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Decent sized new post and lots of great news included with it!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 30-05-2016, 02:05:01 »
Lots of new pictures on the moddb page! I have finally started showing off what the team has so far. We got a lot of interest on other sites and forums so I thought it only appropriate to post here and let everybody know they can see some nice 1080p screenshots with 8X AA.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7106/20160528210240_1.jpg

Image is too big for here but check out our Maxim 1910 machine gun. How many games can say they have these? XD

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11-07-2016, 09:07:21 »
Sorry for bump, but just posted a huge news update.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

If the moderators want they can remove my previous 2 replies.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11-07-2016, 09:07:38 »
This is shaping to look really nice. Im looking forward to it.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11-07-2016, 11:07:36 »
Thanks! Yeah, we are very fortunate. Most of the stuff we created long ago, PR incorporated into their mod, so I would say most of our weapons are up to PR quality sound and animation-wise. PR:WW2 uses a lot of stuff from us, so does PR:V and regular PR.

As for gameplay and realism, we want to be in between both PR and FH2. I like FH2's level of realism, but our tanks and such, do require a full crew to operate, so we do take some inspiration from both mods. Our weapons use our own damage, recoil and soldier devation values however, so if you used any of our weapons in PR they feel a bit different.

Gameplay is still basic BF2 style, we don't currently have anything like PR's level of FOB's and stuff like that, although if the mod team grows, who knows what it could end up being eventually.

We desperately need mappers, so if anybody wants to join the team and help out there it would go a long way towards helping us realize our goal.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11-07-2016, 16:07:16 »
Wow, nice to see you´re back finishing Zefan and Serigs work, Anthony! Good luck with your endeavor and I really hope you´ll be able to create a good public release vesion. I´ll definately play it, once it´s out.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.