Author Topic: Battlefield: Korea  (Read 11976 times)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield: Korea
« Reply #75 on: 18-12-2016, 15:12:10 »
Congrats guys, some nice stuff!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 22-12-2016, 00:12:44 »
Here it is! Our first trailer for Battlefield: Korea!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/news/new-trailer-for-the-mod

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 22-12-2016, 04:12:28 »
Wow man. Really nice video. :) I'm honestly impressed as to what you guys have accomplished. It's really something to see a mod that 'died' 8ish years ago get more or less 'resurrected' by a small dedicated team.

Are you guys releasing as a standalone mod? Or part of PR or something?

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 22-12-2016, 05:12:36 »
Thanks. Well it will be a good old fashioned BF2 mod. We did consider merging with PR as a minimod, but we couldn't do it since there has never been any Korean War FPS in all of history, there have been other mods, but none ever had full releases to the public, or all were abandoned. FHSW addon for the war isn't even out as far as I can remember, and that is a mini-mod to begin with.

PR has worked closely with us helping us with borrowing some content here and there, as we gave PR all of our assets back in 2009, so honestly without BFKorea, PR:WW2 would look vastly different than it does today if it weren't for them having our weapons to use. They replaced a lot of our models with other stuff, but they still use our M1 Garand, and BAR, and some other things like M3 knife and Trenchgun models, but they have been instrumental in helping us out. PR:WW2 basically gave BFK the shot in the arm it needed, since they literally had animated all of our US weapons, so without them, we wouldn't be where we are today, so a huge shout out to all the cool cats at PR.

We use some other stuff from other Black Sand Studios mods since we were also a part of that modding group. That is how PR got our content in the first place when we disbanded. Anyways, IDF:FFI, BGF and EOD2 let us use a lot of missing content. IDF mod just hooked up all of our armored vehicles with sweet 3D tank sights, meaning even the LVT5 and Type 95 Ha-GO tanks FH2 Pacific donated to us use no FH2 sights, so that was a HUGE load off of our backs.

That is another thing, it can't go without saying, that FH2 CMP/Pacific really helped us out a lot. We use the Type 99 LMG and Arisaka from there as well as the LVT's and light Japanese tank, so don't be surprised if you see that stuff in there.  ;)

I tell you one thing Matt, this sure is a far cry from the closed betas you participated in with us all those years ago.  8)

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 25-12-2016, 22:12:52 »
We have finally released Battlefield Korea after 11 long years of development! There are issues with the mod but we hope you can overlook them and just enjoy it for what it is, and see the potential in it. We will continue to polish it in the future, so we aren't finished with it yet!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/downloads/battlefield-korea-10

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 26-12-2016, 12:12:24 »
We have finally released Battlefield Korea after 11 long years of development! There are issues with the mod but we hope you can overlook them and just enjoy it for what it is, and see the potential in it. We will continue to polish it in the future, so we aren't finished with it yet!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/downloads/battlefield-korea-10

YAY!!!!!!!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 26-12-2016, 15:12:21 »
Congrats on the release, will try it out once I have a little more time on my wings. ;)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08-01-2017, 12:01:46 »
A good mod in overall. Some bugs here and there, but it is an awesome mod. Played it a couple times. Did you guys borrow the grappling hook idea from FH2?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09-01-2017, 10:01:16 »
Eh, kinda, I think PR uses one too, but it is a different model than ours. Might use theirs if I can figure out why theirs wasn't working last time I tried adding it, as the rope and hook are higher quality.

I am making a big weapons balance patch and adding some new weapons. I hope to have something uploaded within a week. Should crash less as well hopefully.  ;)

Glad you enjoy it. We hope to improve the quality and stability over time, but as we are a small team it might take a little longer to get some stuff done. We mainly need more manpower mostly, and people with the ability to create maps for us with our own custom static objects since we use mostly community made maps for regular BF2 as a placeholder for now.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09-01-2017, 11:01:02 »
Eh, kinda, I think PR uses one too, but it is a different model than ours. Might use theirs if I can figure out why theirs wasn't working last time I tried adding it, as the rope and hook are higher quality.

I am making a big weapons balance patch and adding some new weapons. I hope to have something uploaded within a week. Should crash less as well hopefully.  ;)

Glad you enjoy it. We hope to improve the quality and stability over time, but as we are a small team it might take a little longer to get some stuff done. We mainly need more manpower mostly, and people with the ability to create maps for us with our own custom static objects since we use mostly community made maps for regular BF2 as a placeholder for now.
Thanks, great game. I was just playing MiG Alley, and can you guys add a map where MiG-15s intercept B-29s? Awesome maps and great game. I know you guys have a limited team, but FH2 has a limited dev team, but with coordination, they make one of the best mods in the world!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 10-01-2017, 03:01:43 »
The problem right now is we don't have people on the team that can export vehicles. Most of our missing things we added recently came from other mods helping us out, you really don't understand what all it took for me to pull everything together that I did. I contacted a lot of mods, shared content with them, and benefited that way. Right now, the plan was to release an incomplete mod, and hope people can see the potential, and quality of our mod is higher than a lot of other mods by very small teams, and in turn bring on more members to help us out. We still are not close to FH2 and PR quality and polish yet, but I think we are on the right track at least.

So for right now, I doubt we will see many new vehicles until much later on. 1 thing we have planned, Stubbfan was going to he helping us out by exporting a real Sikorsky H-19 helicopter, since we use a Mi-4. Which is more or less like a Russian clone of the H-19, so that is the next aircraft on our plate.

Also, you mentioned FH2 has a small team, but actually Stubbfan and I were speaking about the tons of hours of time that actually must have went into development, and the countless people who worked on it over the years.

BFK has never had more than 4 active people working on it at any giving time, and the majority of the time lately it is mostly just me working on it with some other guys helping with tasks I can ask them to help me complete when they have the time in their busy lives.

But I do love aircraft very much so, so I would love to have the B-29 thrown into the mix. They were after all designed to hunt them down, so it would be pretty exhilarating to see them in combat.

Btw, great news, 762 community added official support for BFKorea in the Battlefield 2 Mod Launcher. Simply install it to the mod directory and launch mod. You will have to make a new account for it if you don't have one, but this means in the future when we can get it more stable and servers up, it will be super easy to play online.

http://www.bf2modlauncher.762-ranking.de/

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 10-01-2017, 15:01:22 »
You should organise an event and announce it on some forums and ModDb to boost popularity and get your name heard. Great work, you've got something going!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 10-01-2017, 16:01:19 »
Forgotten Honor Tournament actually wants to have one for us, but the problem is the mod isn't 100% stable atm, so people would be really let down. It crashes a lot as it is now, so I am trying to focus on getting the crashes to a minimum first.

I will have a nice patch ready in the next week or so, which addresses some of the crashing issues, and balances the weapons further. So it should feel a lot more like FH2 where the people don't die from 1 shot with a nambu pistol lol. ;D

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 10-01-2017, 17:01:22 »
Forgotten Honor Tournament actually wants to have one for us, but the problem is the mod isn't 100% stable atm, so people would be really let down. It crashes a lot as it is now, so I am trying to focus on getting the crashes to a minimum first.

I will have a nice patch ready in the next week or so, which addresses some of the crashing issues, and balances the weapons further. So it should feel a lot more like FH2 where the people don't die from 1 shot with a nambu pistol lol. ;D
Great, can't wait for the event. Awesome mod. Keep up the good work!