Poll

What direction should the FH2 tank system go?

Longer tank fights, multiple penetrating shots needed to destroy tanks. Gameplay > realism. (Current tank system)
9 (12.5%)
Still longer tank fights, but not to the extend we have in the current version. Only smaller adjustments are needed. Still: Gameplay > realism
12 (16.7%)
Tank combat should be influenced by realism. The current system is frustrating. Previous versions with mainly 1S1K situations were better (2.4 was fine)
40 (55.6%)
I prefer a hardcore realistic game. A penetrating hit should result in a kill. The current version is a disappointment.
8 (11.1%)
Something else (explain)
3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Asking the players about the tank system  (Read 8342 times)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Asking the players about the tank system
« Reply #45 on: 04-10-2012, 14:10:21 »
Hslan was populated the first weeks. I had a lot of games there and back then people were also wondering what was changed with the tank system.

The changes might be small, but the resluts are immense.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-10-2012, 14:10:02 »
I voted for the 2.4 system. Actually in my opinion,the more realism we got the better the game becomes.
FH is becoming quite arcade-like as of recent, and I really dislike that tendency.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-10-2012, 14:10:16 »
uh wut.? how on earth did you become a beta tester  ???
almost everytime I see Djinn's posts I have this question in my mind  ;)

on topic:

I voted for 2.4 system but something between current one and 2.4 would be nice as well

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04-10-2012, 16:10:28 »
FH is becoming quite arcade-like as of recent, and I really dislike that tendency.

This - Didn't vote 2.4 though.

« Last Edit: 04-10-2012, 16:10:03 by djinn »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04-10-2012, 16:10:16 »
Let's face facts, if you had your way, FH2 would play like Battlefield 1942
uh lol wut? what's the point of lying in a forum?

bla bla bla etc
I hope I haven't you lost you...?
Well the obviousness of what you say makes me lost sometimes...you possess the perfect skill of filling a page with words and end up not saying anything.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04-10-2012, 16:10:13 »
Yer, this thread has gotten pretty hostile. I feel really disrespected simply reading through it.

Let's try to just present the facts, people. We have enough thread where we fist-fight. I think we don't need any more.

I think it might help to make it clear what we are expressing is our personal opinion (Irrespective of our experience or game metaphors we hold as law) - So we don't have these back and forths. I think we're scaring away the meeker fans from even sharing their opinion, data that I think is important if we stop trying to impose ours.

This refers to myself btw...
« Last Edit: 04-10-2012, 16:10:11 by djinn »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04-10-2012, 17:10:18 »
The thing is djinn,

We need to be direct, and not trying to mask our point using typical oriental eastern courtesy bullshit in order to appease everyone that might read our post. Right, smiles?

IMO, the shocker comes with Strat_84's post here.

You know, the problem with coming and telling 2.4 tank system was perfect and 2.45 tank system is broken is that 2.4 and 2.45 are very similar.
The only differences AFAIK (and I know the system quite well) are:
- some slight damage multipliers changes that should not have a dramatic impact on dealt damage
- decreased reload times (a gameplay change I disagree with in the current state BTW)

If you forget that, and a few bug fixes, 2.4 and 2.45 tanking systems are I.D.E.N.T.I.C.A.L.

Angle mod?

Change to damage modifier for each materials?

I know that discussing outcomes like:
(e.g. we need Tiger I 80 mm side armour to be slightly more potent from Sherman's 75 mm shots, which needs to get into 100 m to be able to punch through)
is totally useless for devs, but can you actually theorize from all the raw data in the editor and determine how many shots from a gun to specific parts of the tank needed to kill it?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:21 »
I wouldn't mind a healthy discussion. But I DONT SEE ONE.
First off, most people here need a basic understanding about fallacies. And courtesy, and humility.
Or we'll keep twisting people's words to mean what we want it to.

Also, I don't like having to log in to see a direct afront to me rather than an argument about something I said.
RL is tough and frustrating to a person's ego without having to come on a game forum to see someone make himself feel better about his hollow existence by being condescending or simply insulting.

Pushing a position is not making an argument so it doesn't lead to finding a better system, which is what I'm more interested in. I feel if we CAN'T actually make headway, then its best we simply leave our points here rather than acting like we know it all.

we are moving from one impasse to another without actually coming to a common understanding about anything.

I try to accept my mistakes when I realize I've made them. But few do that. That inability to see the bigger picture, means we are really just being nasty without doing anything constructive.

WE DON'T HAVE TO INSULT A PERSON'S INTELLIGENCE TO DISAGREE WITH THEIR POINT - IT'S OUR OPINION, AND IT MIGHT WELL BE WRONG.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:04 »
@Djinn: when there is so much bullshit in your post expect people to be rude to you as many (like me) might be simply tired of reading your pointless posts with hope that this time you write something usefull.

Also: keep you butthurt out of this thread, no one cares.

can any moderator clean this thread out of offtopic crap and left poll related posts only?
« Last Edit: 04-10-2012, 18:10:51 by jan_kurator »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:49 »
Technically, that removes ALL your posts then, doesn't it, Jan?
I made point in each of mine. I just don't understand why people have to be so nasty to others because they are sitting behind their keyboard rather than talking to a person's face.

it makes discussing anything so hurtful of late.
Some of us aren't that aggressive. Really, I'm just saying, let's respect our differences when presenting an opinion. Is that really too much to ask?

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:11 »
So many 10year old prima donnas in here.

Just stfu and post about the topic!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:22 »
moderators could slap a good ol' padlock on this sad little story  ::)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:45 »
LOL, Noo, we leave it for more player opinions like it was intended.
Personally, this is my last post. I think I've assisted in derailing it thus far

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:33 »
So many 10year old prima donnas in here.

Just stfu and post about the topic!

Post about the topic? Yeah that will work. Problem is that most people have absolutely no idea about the topic. They don't know how the armor coding works in Fh2, they don't know how angle mod works or which changes Kev made to the guns. All they do is saying that tank is now to weak!!!!! at which point some other fool comes in and screams AXIS BIAS and that it is in fact not weak enough and after all is said and done everybody only agrees that FH2 tanking is now like BF3s or BF42s, even though they still don't know how shit works.
And this goes on week after week and if you close a thread they run whining about "censorship" and what not.
Because of that I will close this topic now, because I don't think any good will come of it except pissing everyone of.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04-10-2012, 18:10:31 »
you possess the perfect skill of filling a page with words and end up not saying anything.

He must have learned from the master.  ;)

Shame on you all. Cant have anything here these days without everyone choking each other.