Author Topic: No Man's Land?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
No Man's Land?
« on: 22-09-2012, 18:09:50 »
There used to be a WW1 concept minimod for Fh2 being developed. Is it still going on? I used the search bar, but no results, also there hasn't been any activity lately by the NML devs. Please dont tell me its dead, I wanted to use that G98 so much  :'(

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Re: No Man's Land?
« Reply #1 on: 22-09-2012, 22:09:04 »
Though I would poke around the forums, and I already see something significant to react on!

Thanks for your concern Commando, but to be honest, the news aren't that cheerfull.
Well,... after serie of unfortunate events, latest being NML's last sole dev's broken PC, I think I will have to pronounce it dead.

If you however desire to play with G98, MG08/15, C96 or other cool things like that, here is very raw alpha, released year ago by Archi. Can crash a lot.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13914.msg188535#msg188535

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-09-2012, 22:09:16 »
Though I would poke around the forums, and I already see something significant to react on!

Thanks for your concern Commando, but to be honest, the news aren't that cheerfull.
Well,... after serie of unfortunate events, latest being NML's last sole dev's broken PC, I think I will have to pronounce it dead.

If you however desire to play with G98, MG08/15, C96 or other cool things like that, here is very raw alpha, released year ago by Archi. Can crash a lot.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13914.msg188535#msg188535

Thanks, much appreciated! ;D I am still sad it isnt going on though. :'( If I had some modding skills, I'd definately would like to help the NML team. Say, did you add any vehicles during the developement? I've heard about the Whippet tank somewhere...
« Last Edit: 22-09-2012, 22:09:46 by TurkishCommando007/2 »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-09-2012, 00:09:00 »
Its surprising to me that file even still exists, Gamefront told me that if shit wasn't downloaded in a month or more it was all deleted, so I lost like, all my files from Gamefront. Suprisingly I searched for this file when I got out of training and am happy the link still works.

Offline Captain Fozzington

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-09-2012, 01:09:21 »
None of the maps included in the download are playable. All of them crash as soon as they begin to load except for Western Front, which crashed after it is done loading.

Quite a shame, to be honest.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-09-2012, 01:09:28 »
They don't work with 2.45 since they aren't packed with the new python script.

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-09-2012, 02:09:13 »
It is a shame. Might start fooling around with it again tonight at some point. Maybe start some new assets.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-09-2012, 04:09:55 »
It would be great if someone with python could repack this.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-09-2012, 08:09:56 »
Dont know how much work was done, but you guys should put all of it in one map and send it to us, would be cool to be able to release a WW1 map in FH2.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-09-2012, 09:09:07 »
So I guess Archi is working on updating it to 2.45? And Natty is resquesting a WW1 map?

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-09-2012, 10:09:58 »
If anything I'll try and salvage one of the maps in particular, and get it up and running, and then spend a few minutes each night working on some stuff. Not saying progress will be swift, but, I need something to satisfy my modding itches, and now that the file seems to be back I might as well work on World War 1.

If I could get a PM on the particulars of this new Python that'd be appreciated.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-09-2012, 11:09:12 »
Allright, wish you luck and cant wait!  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-09-2012, 11:09:17 »
Aye, forgot it was for previous release. Well, it might be worth poking on our olde FTP (if it still exists), it was like the most chaotic place in the world, but there might be some good stuff (codding-wise) burried. Not to forget the BF1918 donation, which is stuck somewhere.

To answer Natty: Weapon-wise, it should be very much sufficient for Germany-UK map. Regarding vehicles, we have codded in about 4 biplanes, which would need some tweaks. There should aswell be Erhardt and Rolls-Royce ACs ingame. In total more than enough for 1 map of style like El Al or Lebisey (=combined arms). Americans should have most weapons aswell.
Our main problem of the mod were the playermodels, because retextures cant solve everything. We should have some new helmets to work with though (german modell 16).

Anyway, pleasantly surprised by the general interest in this. I may try to contact the few former devs I have contact on.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-09-2012, 12:09:48 »
About the playermodel, werent you planning (I read something like that 1,5 years ago on this forum) to make early war first? Then the Germans should have pickelhaube helmets? Also, any unarmed vehicles ( Trucks, cars etc...) were modeled?
« Last Edit: 23-09-2012, 12:09:27 by TurkishCommando007/2 »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-09-2012, 12:09:59 »
About the playermodel, werent you planning (I read something like that 1,5 years ago on this forum) to make early war first? Then the Germans should have pickelhaube helmets? Also, any unarmed vehicles ( Trucks, cars etc...) were modeled?
We did want to do early war at first, but since the content we received from BF1918 and the WWI FH2 weapons are mostly mid-late war, we decided to go mid-late. At least that's how I remember it.

About cars.... there definitely were some donated, but I dont think any of them is ingame, not 100% sure though. Still better wait to Archi for more accurate answer.