Author Topic: New Player Issues/Questions  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Issues/Questions
« Reply #30 on: 21-08-2012, 02:08:54 »
Well, I have to say, he has a point.
About the Italians maybe. But that's it.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21-08-2012, 02:08:20 »
Well, I have to say, he has a point.
About the Italians maybe. But that's it.

No, there are way more experienced players that play Axis "only" than people playing Allies "only". The reason why I play a lot of Allies lately is because I look for the challenge. This is not about bias relating maps or equipment, this is about high level players, stackin up on the Axis side. Not always, didn't experience it the last 1 or 2 weeks at all, but often enough. It basically never happens on the Allied side though. But this was discussed quite often already, can't change it anyway. All I can say is that the really good players have some kind of responsibility for having balanced games. You know, after Axis won 6 maps in a row 400:0 some people should think about switching teams or giving up their Axis only attitude for the sake of a balanced game for everyone. Had plenty of evenings with the Allied team getting raped over and over again. Rarely happens the other way around, just saying ;)

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21-08-2012, 03:08:02 »
Hi Quincannon.  It is not you, that guy is a dick.  I was playing at the same time on Hslan.  It finally had some players on yesterday and it usually is a good server.  I got team killed multiple times and then was kicked because I would not join the squad of the guys that were team killing and team damaging.  Not a good experience for me either.   
« Last Edit: 21-08-2012, 03:08:18 by 16floz470ml »

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21-08-2012, 05:08:26 »
I doubt you can get kicked by someone who is not admin
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21-08-2012, 12:08:50 »
he was kicked for shooting at team mates in planes and killing the pilot for a plane

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-08-2012, 13:08:11 »
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but there are only few players who really play Axis only whom I can remember. Most famous examples are Karel88l and Kingtiger (MajorKönig). And atm you are more clever if you stick to the allied team and drive ze new Ubersherman and ze invincible Cromwell.

The expereinced players I know try to get in the same team as their buddies and only few of them stick to a certain side because they get better equipment. Unique for example prefers the Firefly over any german tank except the Panther maybe. 

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-08-2012, 13:08:48 »
As far as Axis bias goes, I don't really care which side I play on. I almost always will play whichever side I am put on when I first join a server. I'm not sure what determines this or if it is supposed to be random, but if you check my award stats, apparently my favorite team is Germany, having played 226 rounds as Germany, with the next closest being United States at 109. So, what's up with that? :-\

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-08-2012, 13:08:17 »
The most maps have the Germans as Axis team and various Allied teams so it is not that surprising to have most of the rounds as Germans.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-08-2012, 14:08:53 »
topic starter is correct about the axis team stacking. This is also present in RO, RO2 and other ww2 games.

I can find myself in an allied team where i barely know anybody, but the axis team is crowded with experienced folks i do know.

it has improved since the beginning, but still

Fully agreed.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-08-2012, 15:08:02 »
Had plenty of evenings with the Allied team getting raped over and over again. Rarely happens the other way around, just saying ;)
It is also server dependent. Hslan usually has more axis wins and 762 more allied. Also, US servers have more allied victories.

And I think only in Utopia players who play a game can be called upon their responsibility to make a server balanced.

Axis only guys are a bit sad, imo.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-08-2012, 15:08:11 »
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but there are only few players who really play Axis only whom I can remember. Most famous examples are Karel88l and Kingtiger (MajorKönig). And atm you are more clever if you stick to the allied team and drive ze new Ubersherman and ze invincible Cromwell.

The expereinced players I know try to get in the same team as their buddies and only few of them stick to a certain side because they get better equipment. Unique for example prefers the Firefly over any german tank except the Panther maybe.

Well i like to play as Allied and only recently have i been playing as German. I like the challenge & i have noticed when working on awards, its much easier to achieve them as German, so take that for what its worth.
On another note, i fully understand players choosing to play a side because of where they are from.

In the past Koenig has owned me like no other, but it wasnt because he was the better player, more clever or had better weapons (mostly). It was due to my ping being 100 points higher than his.

1vs1 confrontations ended with him pulling the trigger just a bit faster than me, but on WAW server, im better.

;)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-08-2012, 16:08:34 »
It's true generally the Axis have better equidment than the Allies. Due to this no wonder people prefer taking their side. Speaking of the Russian I would say their equidment will be quite equal with the German one and some of them are even better such as PPSH-41 and SU-152. At this point I think the only strenght of the Allies is the unlimited amount of semi-automatic rifles for the Americans, and anti-tank weapons.

I think it will even out a bit more with Russians. Also they will be the new faction, so we will be seeing everybody joining the Russian team. Can´t wait for that. As for the equipment ... the PPSH should definately be stronger than the MP40 but the SU-152 is overrated. @500 metres (ingame range) Panthers with a 4-5 times higher shot frequency should make short process with those clumsy things.

One should also see that allied armies seem to only consist of various versions of Shermans while the axis have a lot more different stuff at their disposal. That surely is also a factor why some people prefer to join that team.

The question is: Do we want to solve this "problem" or not. And if we want to solve it how do we do it. I think there´s nothing you can do about it except the forced teamchange when a new map is going to be played. And this teamchange pissed me off a while back, especially because everybody was trying to change teams in the first 5 mins of the round. So we have to live with that issue.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-08-2012, 22:08:27 »
Commander in BF2 could have worked. Unlike FH2 it has the availability to see the whole map and the enemies on it. Thus giving the commander the right tools to send squads to the where the action is.
As you know wars are won by information and not who has the biggest gun, so the commander role is not moot.
The thing is I found it plain boring in BF2 or FH2 for that matter to be a commander. That's why you see either fighting commanders or no commanders at all in 99% of the servers.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)