Author Topic: Backpack radio  (Read 549 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Backpack radio
« on: 17-08-2012, 09:08:49 »
Where IS IT ;D I've been searching for it all night long to no avail. There is even kitmesh with gasmasks for Omaha goddammit, but the radio that is in the frickin game already is nowhere to be found! I load up the radio uw_kits.con in the 'radio' subfolder but there is only haversack and musette bags in Max showing up :-\

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
Re: Backpack radio
« Reply #1 on: 17-08-2012, 10:08:52 »
saw it on point du hoc on some class, dunno which

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-08-2012, 14:08:55 »
No no, I know it is on PdH, I want to know how can I get to it in the game files. All of the US skinned meshes can be loaded up in max fine, except for this one. But in bfmeshview it shows up just fine.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-08-2012, 19:08:46 »
Nevermind, I found a static radio I'm going to use instead. Still kind of can't understand though, why max won't import the mesh with the radio, since when I open the skinnedmesh in bfmeshview the radio is there ???

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-08-2012, 20:08:21 »
may I ask what you intend to do?

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-08-2012, 21:08:39 »
Don't worry, I'm not about to use FH2's content in another game or something. I set to reexport "few" things regarding the looks of (mostly) American soldiers for personal amusement. I already reexported M1A1 Bazooka so that the high quality lod model is the same as the one in 1p as a lot of nice details are missing in the original one. I'd also like to see all soldiers on Pointe du Hoc carry a Haversack, exchange some helmets for different kits (goggles), add Musette bag to scouts on Purple Heart Lane, change the stupid British hat Commonwealth scouts have to a Brodie helmet and perhaps in a future change some of the animations... I also replaced the Mohawk soldier that was used incorrectly on non-paratrooper maps and made vehicle wrecks retain some of the original color and not go completely black. It is harder to recognize wrecks from functioning vehicles now, but it looks better.
« Last Edit: 18-08-2012, 21:08:18 by McCloskey »