Author Topic: Always "You have lost connection to server" before being able to join?  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Recently start noticing this, first in PR but later started Fh2 again and noticed it. First I ignored it but now it seems to be coupled with only a minute ingame, last seen would be that, join server then game, and last some PB error called something like this:

"Service Communication Error: PnkbsterA.exe hearbeatsA has stopped working"

Or something like that. Then it just freezes. Help?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Hi Reaper,
afaik there has been another PB update a few days/weeks ago. Try manually updating your punkbuster files using the pbsetup.exe from evenbalance.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Thanks, will try it.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Meke sure both PnkbsterA and PnkbsterB are not restricted by your firewall in terms of communication.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I still get Lost Connection to Server before joining, but now it doesn't freeze up at least after doing pbsetup.exe.

How do I check my firewall to make sure pnkbusterA and B are not blocked?
Apparently my firewall is low on restrictions for games, but still having the lost connection before joining thing.
« Last Edit: 03-07-2012, 03:07:57 by AwesomeReaper »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Try running the pbsetup.exe in admin mode.
Having the Win UAC settings on lowest also helps.
« Last Edit: 03-07-2012, 08:07:01 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
I have been getting the same message before joining on all servers, and for weeks now so I've no idea whats up. Might see if its the same for even vanilla BF2 later.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I just ran pbsetup.exe and pbsvc.exe set on administrator and did a fresh restart, still had the bug.

Now I keep getting kicked from WaW server for "Losing keypackets 9014 (2 minutes)"

Also, I just checked my UAC, and it's too low to be the problem here.

Why do companies choose Punkbuster of all things for an anti-cheat? It causes dozens of problems and I've never heard of it effectively catching cheaters.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I'm getting this too. First attempt to join I  allways get kicked. Second attempt, I can join.  ???
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Have this for 1-2 months. It's annyoing but I don't really care about it.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I'm getting this too. First attempt to join I  allways get kicked. Second attempt, I can join.  ???
yep, I uninstalled/reinstalled pb fresh and it didnt help. Guess its a bug with the newer versions.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
I also lose connection to the server on my first attempt to join. Always works on the second though, so it's not much of a bother.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Twiebie

• View Profile
Yep, I always get this the first time I click on a server. Second time I click on it it loads fine.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
I also lose connection to the server on my first attempt to join. Always works on the second though, so it's not much of a bother.

I'm not getting kicked but I am losing the connection when I try to join a server. I simply rejoin and it works fine. But only on the second try.

So I think the problem is a different one as it is not related to PB.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Still getting this on hslan and 762

BUT, on the 130 player server I can join straight away...  ???  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI