Author Topic: BMS for Falcon 4.0  (Read 524 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
BMS for Falcon 4.0
« on: 03-06-2012, 19:06:48 »
Any of you guys played this?

http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php

The simulation is pretty hardcore and rivaled DCS series. I'd say better in some aspects, except graphic, compatibility. But it has the best gameplay factor for combat sim: dynamic campaign, carried from Falcon 4.0 games. Our action determines the outcome of the overall campaign. When a building is destroyed, they'll stay destroyed in the next mission.

http://youtu.be/26k1LxYaAkc

Here are a few screenshot from my trusty computers on low settings (the settings are complex, I just turn off several features).

Fully clickable cockpit, which helps a lot if you have a bad memory. And also realistic procedures (so they said)

If you have track-IR, it would be very helpful.

Independent AIs are awesome here, you can also work together in the campaign if you plan to do so.

The HUD is projected like real-life HUDs, so it will behave accordingly if you sway your viewing position.

So far, I've completed ramp start (starting an aircraft from completely dead state) training and take-off/landing by myself. It really took a lot of learning hours to do just these, even for a hardcore simulation and aviation fans.

If you like DCS A-10, this would satisfy your A-A needs. Moreover, they are planning to add more realistic F/A-18 aircraft after this. They have many other flyable aircrafts in game, but not all are modeled in equal details (some has its own cockpits modeled, some don't, but they all have its own flight characteristics), the development focus is on the F-16s.

azreal

Re: BMS for Falcon 4.0
« Reply #1 on: 03-06-2012, 21:06:29 »
I have it saved. I was going to install it when I finished building my new rig. Overall it does look pretty fun.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: BMS for Falcon 4.0
« Reply #2 on: 04-06-2012, 05:06:50 »
Yes it is.

Be wary though, you'll need a lot of time to learn all of the systems.

In A-10C, the plane doesn't have a radar, all targetings are slaved to the pods/sensors. In F-16s, the radar has hundreds of functions and interacts in many different possible ways with other systems, not to mention data links.

But if you like simulation, you'll find it worthwhile.

So far, I haven't learn anything about the weapons, just the controls and navigation systems.