Author Topic: Jagdtiger  (Read 7506 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Jagdtiger
« Reply #30 on: 10-06-2012, 00:06:20 »
wow, great model :D

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-06-2012, 11:06:15 »
 :o Wow ! Ok, changing my opinion. I want it now =D

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10-06-2012, 11:06:32 »
The great mass fought in the West, a small part fought on the Eastern Front, at least in Sternburg/Austria around 5th May 45. This included the Red Army to capture at least 2 intact, which where taken to trials.
We have pics of these Trials, the JT was left in its finnish, markings.
There are a (Henschel) of an unidentified unit and one (Henschel) of 501. sSSPzAbt. The last was used in Gun Trials 1946 in Russia and is now on display in the Kubinka Tank museum.
Information according Kubinka Museum Archives, as I visited once myself.
Hungary and Poland are myths, needs to be proven if they were in combat there. Records and archives also lack information in this point, only indicating personnel movement.
This myth started by people thinking about unit re-groupings from or to schwere Pz. Heeresabteilungen.
If people think a JT can pop-up in everywhere.

Well back to topic, not call the Jagdtiger one the most prominent actors in FH 1, at least for me it was the
reason to play Sector 318 and the other Maps, having a lot of fun. Would be really awesome to see this Tank in FH2 too, sometime. Oh the good ol days.
Useful or limited in use in R/L?, well it's about a game and fun, Jagdtiger means definitely fun in the late war scenario. Give the Shermans a nut to crack (food) and a good Map, where we can have fun with this useless Toy ahem. Tank.

How a good looking tank can catch attraction
« Last Edit: 10-06-2012, 11:06:12 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-06-2012, 12:06:13 »
I have long wanted to offer it to developers. :-*
Dude, you should contact with fhsw guys not fh2 dev team. :-*
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-06-2012, 22:06:23 »
no fhsw devs should join fh2 already  :P

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-06-2012, 22:06:49 »
...with ready pacific front for FH2 :D

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-06-2012, 01:06:58 »
 As a die-hard FHSW guy I need to ask why the big mod should join the tiny mod.

try getting onto an FHSW server, it's full 7 days a week at the scheduled time and Umeboshi place.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-06-2012, 03:06:52 »
I used to play FHSW a lot and to this day I am up to date with all their patches so I'm really now what I'm talking about. There is only one full server in japan and almost dead FHSW community in Europe, what means that FH2 has bigger player base. Also, don't forget that FHSW is based on original FH and its mappacks, a lot of maps (making those is the most time consuming part) is taken from FH with slight and often easy changes. Most (but not all) of their own maps and models are worse in quality than original FH1 and FHSW doesn't give many new gameplay solutions. Btw FHSW is longer in developement and Battlefield1942 gives more possibilities (like naval warfare) as it is less limited than BF2.

With speed of FHSW's developement, calling FH2 tiny is simply stupid.

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-06-2012, 11:06:08 »
MAXIMUM POWER!!!  BOoMMM!!!

I have long wanted to offer it to developers. :-*

Hey, that's the model from FHSW. Did you import it? :)

I used to play FHSW a lot and to this day I am up to date with all their patches so I'm really now what I'm talking about. There is only one full server in japan and almost dead FHSW community in Europe, what means that FH2 has bigger player base. Also, don't forget that FHSW is based on original FH and its mappacks, a lot of maps (making those is the most time consuming part) is taken from FH with slight and often easy changes. Most (but not all) of their own maps and models are worse in quality than original FH1 and FHSW doesn't give many new gameplay solutions. Btw FHSW is longer in developement and Battlefield1942 gives more possibilities (like naval warfare) as it is less limited than BF2.

With speed of FHSW's developement, calling FH2 tiny is simply stupid.
Yeah, the quality of maps is really varying, some look nice others horrible. But a lot of them are really unique gameplay wise (Kure, Kikusui maps, Warsaw, Iwo, Operation Downfall maps...) which, along with the vehicle variety, is the main reason I play this mod. As for the models I don't think that the majority looks worse or less detailed than FH1 vehicles, it's at the same level imo.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-06-2012, 12:06:11 »
FHSW is a nice mod on a mod. They have indeed some nice game play elements that were however already all in bf1942 and in FH1. I like however the pacific objective maps.
Comparing it is however rather ridiculous.

Back to topic: The Jagdtiger is currently not needed and as you can see in the description of the FHSW model it's anyway based on our model. If we do a Jagdtiger we take our FH2 Kingtiger as base... which is on that model obviously the harder part (which however is how the above Jagdtiger was done  :P ) :)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11-12-2016, 13:12:20 »
Making the Jagdtiger is not that hard. You just remove the turret from the King Tiger and make a castmate with the Pak 44.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11-12-2016, 14:12:57 »
Good to know. Maybe a modeller can do this on his coffee break then.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11-12-2016, 14:12:42 »
Yep, if the Jagdtiger ever makes it ingame, I will have fun wrecking Shermans, unless some sneaky American sabotages it or one of my teamates takes it ;D
« Last Edit: 11-12-2016, 14:12:07 by FHMax3 »
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11-12-2016, 17:12:58 »
Making the Jagdtiger is not that hard. You just remove the turret from the King Tiger and make a castmate with the Pak 44.
I guess you based your opinion on your long 3D modeling experience, right?  ::)

Putting your absolute lack of realism on a side, because you obviously have no clue what are you talking about, please tell me, which FH2 map can feature this tank in your opinion? Or maybe somebody should create both, a map and a model, since it's so easy? Darn, such a shame nobody ever thought about it before  :-\

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12-12-2016, 16:12:50 »
Well, the Rhur where Otto Carius served. Also the Eastern front in Hungary, but there remains debate if the Jagdtiger was used there. But a piece of good evidence shows the truth. Jagdtiger, serial number 305083 was acquired by Soviet forces when a Kampfgruppe of the s.Pz.Jg.Abt 653 equipped with four Jagdtigers surrendered in Amstetten, Austria on 5 May 1945. This Jagdtiger was acquired in mint condition with complete side skirts and later nine-tooth sprocket ring. Twelve hooks on each side of the superstructure were used to carry six pairs of track links. This vehicle was not coated with Zimmerit. The vehicle lost all its tools but retains the MG-42 anti-aircraft mount on the rear engine deck. The Jagdtiger was made on the Tiger chassis, so if we remove the turret from the model, and make a castmate, as that was the production methods, but only the hulls were made.