Author Topic: Having to Abandon Aircraft: Landing in the middle of a field?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Think. As of now, people always die, or bail with parachute in aircraft. Meanwhile, you never see anyone attempting to land. Why is that?

Landing is legitamite, and allows you to still easily be shot down while simultaneously allowing you a chance of survival, yet, as said, everyone bails or willingly dies. I wouldn't advise going to airfield unless you wanna lead the enemy into flak, which doesn't work anyway if you were hit by static AA.

Just an idea of a way to abandon your aircraft on death row. Opinions?

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
then the aircraft will stay alive, not respawning on airfield, and disabling a team asset until it explode itself.
I always jump and open my parachute(or die since sometimes there is no pilot kit on base)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
I see wounded 109s and Stukas returning for repairs on Mareth all the time, but as for setting a plane down in the field I don't really see the point, unless you have a wrench, which you shouldn't, because you should have a pilot kit.

Someone did land the Beaufighter on the German airfield on Supercharge a few days ago and it was there for a good ten minutes for no apparent reason :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
I make it a point to land the Storch/J-3 Piper Cub when I can because I always carry engy kit when I fly to make repairs. No need to grab ammo or anything.

If I'm rolling with someone else in the plane too, one of us takes pilot, other takes engy to maximize our survival rate.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
yeah thats the reason i always fly as engineer.

instead of having the useless parachute that enables me to land anywhere (including outofbounds fly-only area) and repair there, for reasons such as me not being able to return safely to airfield due to air activity or AA blocking the approach
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Well, that is much better than doing kamikaze IMO. Or is it the opposite?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
I always enjoy the thrill of parachuting down and then having just me and my pistol to grab some poor souls Rifle Kit. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Yepay

• Eating Pie
    • View Profile
IMO Suicide bombing is how i hurt those pesky tanks.

But stuka is sort of hard because once people here the siren they GTFO :'(
ANNOYING SIG LET IT ENTER YOUR MIND
YEEEEES, YEEEES, FEED MY SIGNATURE

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Landing is now a viable option since aircraft take a lot less damage from bouncing on the ground, presumably because of angle mod.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Suicide bombing is a non-valid tactic on most servers, so stop it if you don't want to get kicked.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Suicide bombing is a non-valid tactic on most servers, so stop it if you don't want to get kicked.
I hope they allow it for Japanese faction and German faction then, it's historical! Japanese more than German, but still.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
This is the reason why I prefer the engy kit in stead of the pilot kit when flying.
Nothing beats the thrill of landing your by-flames-obscured-view-plane on some hilly grasfield and repairing it. Ready to join the ifght again.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)