Author Topic: Forgotten Hope General Questions Thread  (Read 44774 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Forgotten Hope General Questions Thread
« on: 18-02-2012, 22:02:59 »
This was suggested in a thread a few weeks back as a good idea for a thread to help new players, and someone promised to make it and as far as I can see never did, so I'm making it now. Hopefully this thread can be a place to ask any tiny little question you have about the mod, about gameplay or the community around the mod or get someone's opinion on a matter you have, etc. A thread for people new to the game to ask questions about it, and maybe some veterans to learn a thing or two as well.

I'll start us off just to get the ball rolling:

Where do the voice commands come from, the ones that weren't in a vanilla BF game such as Australia's? Are they taken from another game? Do you get an Australian player with a mic to record 'Righto mate' and 'Get fucked' and all the rest of it? :D. Theoretically, if the devs wanted new voice commands, are they something that can be changed? Could you get people in the community to record all the commo rose commands and maybe the guy with the best one sees his own version of COURAGE! HOORAH! FOR THE QUEEN! in the mod one day?

Hope it's alright to make this thread, I encourage everyone to post up any little questions they've ever had about FH and maybe we will all learn something.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope General Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: 15-03-2012, 15:03:55 »
Well, this was a success. Anyway, I've got a question - why does the M1 Garand auto reload for me when no other guns do? I would assume it has something to do with codes and whatnot I wouldn't understand, the Garand being a weird rifle to reload, but I could have sworn that at some point in my first few days playing FH2 I was using a Garand and emptied the clip, and it didn't eject the clip, 'ping', and reload until I hit R. Now it does it automatically for me as soon as the clip is empty. Anyone know what the deal is?
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-03-2012, 15:03:52 »
Because the clip was automatically ejected and that is the only way to code it.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-03-2012, 16:03:03 »
The clip doesn't get ejected when you've fired the last round, like the actual weapon, but at the start of the reload animation. This is why the M1 Garand was coded to auto-reload.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-04-2012, 00:04:02 »
Kinda bummed this thread never took off, there's a lot of little questions I'm interested in that aren't really neccessary for a whole thread.

Quick question:
I have an issue that sometimes when I exit a deployed MG, I won't "pick it back up," meaning I won't be able to re-deploy. Is there a way to avoid this? I feel if I stand still right after "exiting" the gun there's a higher liklihood that I'll pick it up, any merit to this?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-04-2012, 00:04:14 »
Engine thing.  Just sit in the MG for a few seconds.  IIRC, it works like an ammo box, giving you a new MG, but disappearing when you exit it.  If you leave it immediately, you won't "refill" the deployable.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-04-2012, 01:04:52 »
Where do the voice commands come from, the ones that weren't in a vanilla BF game such as Australia's? Are they taken from another game? Do you get an Australian player with a mic to record 'Righto mate' and 'Get fucked' and all the rest of it? :D. Theoretically, if the devs wanted new voice commands, are they something that can be changed? Could you get people in the community to record all the commo rose commands and maybe the guy with the best one sees his own version of COURAGE! HOORAH! FOR THE QUEEN! in the mod one day?

Australian voice commands come from another BF42 mod (I do not recall the name).  They were donated to the FH1 mod back in the day.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-04-2012, 03:04:16 »
The voices for FH2 come from Battlefield 1942. As for Australian voices specificly, I only ever heard them for the first time in FH1 and later iirc the Eve of Destruction mod, which came first I don't know. In BF1942 there were also French(Road to Rome expansion), Russian, and Japanese voices along with Polish and Finnish voices from FH1, all of which I expect to be added to FH2 in the far future.

I'm eager to shout in Russian at the enemy before wrecking their innards with my bayonet! VPYERYOD!
« Last Edit: 15-04-2012, 03:04:15 by Korsakov829 »

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-04-2012, 14:04:38 »
Someservers have the forgive/punish system for teamkills activated 762 I think, dont know about hslan.

But you cant forgive any teamkill you get, sometimes the forgive/punish messafe appears sometimes it doesnt.
So my question is what are conditions under which this message appears?

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-04-2012, 13:04:35 »
What is the actual difference between the different types of AP ammo for tanks?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-04-2012, 13:04:10 »
The fewer you got, the better they are. HEAT rounds don't lose power over range, but don't penetrate side skirts.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-04-2012, 13:04:00 »
Which is the best type would you say?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-04-2012, 13:04:51 »
The ones that most damage and penetrate the most armor. So for the German the Panzergranate and for the Allies HVAP I guess.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-04-2012, 13:04:54 »
Which is the best type would you say?
APCR and HVAP rounds penetrate more than AP, APC or APCBC rounds fired from the same gun.

HEAT rounds penetrate more than AP fire from short guns. (Mainly early Panzer III and IV.)

HE is obviously best against soft targets.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-04-2012, 19:04:36 »
Had an interesting situation a few months back: I was in the 75mm Jumbo on Eppeldorf and came face to face with a Panther coming out of the town. Neither of us could penetrate each others armor frontally at range, so I moved forward and he did the same. It got to the point that we were 10 meters apart from each other pinging rounds off of the others armor. I'm laughing my ass off at the situation and after three or four rounds were exchanged at close range I just rammed him and got a shot at his side. American ingenuity FTW!

While we were firing at each other I tried to hit "weak" looking features on his frontal armor, such as the bow MG gun and the base of the turret.

Are tanks coded in such a way that things like the bow MG port are actually weak points where I may have been able to score a lucky shot and penetrate? If so, what are some common weak areas? (Other than the obvious side/rear armor on the tank)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3