Author Topic: American Youth Camps  (Read 5555 times)

Offline Zero

• Developer
  • ALL AMERICAN ZERO
    • View Profile
    • Hi-Fi Classic Music
Re: American Youth Camps
« Reply #45 on: 01-04-2009, 12:04:29 »
please don't make a thread like this and ask for it to not be political. especially with a misleading title(of the bill) and not sourcing the news article. things like this are political by nature, already.

if you want to actually read the bill that Sen. Orin Hatch co-sponsered and all the various verisons as it went through you can go here http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1388 (sorry if this is basically the same as wilhelm's link, i don't feel like going back and digging it out. :P) you can search for "YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE PROGRAM" for the part in question.

really, turning this "not so new" idea of expanding our volunteer force(such as the peace- or americorps) into "omfg nazis!" is a bit distastefull to me, and may be better suited for forums where you know other people are of similar minds in this area, and that is your common (politcal, ideological, etc) bond. not a forum where our bond is wwii and video games.

but, just so you know where i stand, i essentially second all that wilhelm has said.
now please excuse me, i must go and pull my nephew from his govornment funded, militaristic, "manditory" (in the same sense as the bill) youth organization. damn JROTC! ::)