Poll

Should the 3. person sight while dead be modified?

Yes, it should be replaced with the 1. person sight.
28 (59.6%)
Yes, replace it with getting directly into the class selection after dead.
4 (8.5%)
Yes, a Blackscreen would be nice.
6 (12.8%)
Yes, other solution.
1 (2.1%)
No, dont change anything.
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: 25-01-2012, 17:01:31

Author Topic: Can you replace the 3. person sight while dead?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Can you replace the 3. person sight while dead?
« Reply #30 on: 13-01-2012, 13:01:38 »

that you can draw vital information about enemy movement which you can take advantage of in the next spawn is utter B-S, you simply don't. You see some dude running past you and whatnots, it's not like you get access to his whole tactic and can exploit. Not at all.

Thats wrong. Everytime I play with my mates over TS we give these information after we died. And This 3rd person view gives this undeserved advantage to give intel while you are dead as ajappat mentioned before. If you have a well working squad using VOIP or team speak there occure always these kind of situations and I played this game alot over the past few months. And you CAN DESCRIBE THE MOVEMENT of an enemy, where he is hiding or taking cover, or where he is looking at. Thats not a idea I created, it's a fact.
I like the idea with staring into the sky. I don't want to talk about realism here but black screen kills the immersion. So a blurry 1st person view into the sky would be cool.  ;)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-01-2012, 22:01:37 »
If Natty can't do it (draw important information from death cam), we can't do it, end of story!

Are you trying to argue that you have better skillz than a dev? Give up!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-01-2012, 10:01:16 »
5hitm4k3r you're describing detailed behaviour of individuals. Im talking more overall, how the game flows etc... this problem is not so severe so it disrupts our game. If it did, we'd fixed it by now. Sure some odd dude can scream to his friend on TS "He went up on the 2nd floor!" but that doesnt matter in the grand sceme of things. We have 64 players sometimes dying more than 1000 deaths in a round, what they see when they die does not alter the overall experience.
« Last Edit: 14-01-2012, 10:01:57 by Natty »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-01-2012, 11:01:33 »
I guess it would matter if FH2 had any clanwars  :-X

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-01-2012, 14:01:23 »
I wonder how it would like in 1. person sight when sometimes your body simply flies away after getting shot - whole world will simply shake on my screen?  :P

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14-01-2012, 19:01:47 »
5hitm4k3r you're describing detailed behaviour of individuals. Im talking more overall, how the game flows etc... this problem is not so severe so it disrupts our game. If it did, we'd fixed it by now. Sure some odd dude can scream to his friend on TS "He went up on the 2nd floor!" but that doesnt matter in the grand sceme of things. We have 64 players sometimes dying more than 1000 deaths in a round, what they see when they die does not alter the overall experience.

Believe me, one guy who doesn't get killed in the rigth moment can make a difference in a whole game. I am talking about some real skilled people like Unique, who exactly knows the mechanics of a map. Ofcourse you are talking about the overall dimensions, but I am talking about the fact, that people can simply use undeserved information and the influence of this. And the whole gameplay experience can be changed in a better way, when the situations have more surprising effects and not everything is predictabel. I don't say that this feature is destroying gameplay, I am just thinking about, what could be done better for future releases from the view of a guy, who is playing this mod almost everyday. ;)

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09-02-2012, 16:02:28 »
A short hint from which direction you got killed is OK. Discourages camper. But the 3rd person view lasts way too long for that. I would like to know from where I got shot, not necessary by whom. But any additional information like what is happening afterwards in not OK.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09-02-2012, 17:02:14 »
I would like to see something new here too, there are countless examples of situations wherein after you killed someone you're forced to stay next to his body, not only when camping some lucrative townhouse behind enemy lines but also in legit situations, like when capping flags outnumbered or defending a place without the option to just sneak away. if a foe can see you place a mine and/or take up the most advantageous position while waiting for your deceased enemy's sure return or something like that your incapacitated foe sees you do such things. He spawns and instead of going the more logical way he'll know how to respond to your situation.

True, this will mostly effect just one or two guys, a squad at most (depending on the squadleader's behaviour), but such things can be reported back to others, sometimes before the time it takes for someone to spawn and return to the place. Thus in some situations, when you've killed someone in a position nobody suspected someone you can't be sneaky anymore. With a different system, a fellow who's dispatched silently might just do so without anyone else of his team knowing, give or take a few fellows with excellent situational awareness, luck or the random guy who just watches your arrow disappear on the minimap. In this situation, all one could do is report a general location of your sneaky attacker, but in the current situation you can even see him move in your body's vicinity untill you respawn. You can spot if he seems intent on staying or leaving, if he sets up mines, if he's got a sniper rifle or a machinegun besides that pistol, if he's with friends or alone, etc.

Sure, most people will just see a tank far away on a sanddune, or next to bocage, or more artyshells coming down, or some guy moving on in the distance, but I do suggest change in this specific effect for the few (or more often, depending on your playingstyle) situations in which it does make a difference.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09-02-2012, 19:02:48 »
I support getting rid of the 3rd person death view partly because I agree, it sucks that someone you kill knows instantly where you killed them from, but partly because of how how frustrating certain deaths are. Mortared is irritating, fair enough, but when you've been crouched in a tunnel in Fall of Tobruk waiting to toss a HE grenade into the cap room for Mussolini Plaza and you get killed and then see an entire enemy squad of five or six guys running into the room you were about to blow up it is really pretty frustrating :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09-02-2012, 20:02:36 »
probably I'm too noob. where do you see on the 3rd person view who killed you? I see it very seldom because it just shows me and not who got me. And the campers are a plague and no good for the team. Often maps are lost due to campers. They only care about their K/D and not to help the team win the map which would mean to take flags and not to camp. So I'm for disclosing the killers direction (not his exact position.) A 1st person view from the place you died in the direction where the hit came from for 3 sec. would be enough. Then let the screen get dark.

please tell me where can I see the killer's pos. as it is now?
« Last Edit: 10-02-2012, 02:02:47 by dead_man1876 »

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10-02-2012, 00:02:39 »
And first person death view is the trend of new FPS games! We cannot fall behind! Else new players would looked at FH2 : THIS GAME SUCKS OTHER GAMES GOT BETTER DEATH CAMERA.

dead man you are obviously noob :p  This is something we "veteran players" notice a lot and we do not make a claim out of the blue.

There are many times I shout in VOIP: ENEMY SQUAD ENEMY SQUAD because I saw a bunch of enemies walking pass my dead body. My squad members, if good, they'll give them hell.

This is really an unfair advantage and discourage realistic behaviors I am sure. Sometimes I'd only want to send part of my squad out for combat so the enemy have no idea how many of us are in that direction but with this death cam this tactic is harder to do.
« Last Edit: 10-02-2012, 00:02:14 by General_Henry »

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10-02-2012, 02:02:21 »
Yes, if they are so careless to walk over my body or very close, but if he's 100m away and I do a flic-flac because I was prone when shot at, then I have no clue where the shot came from because even the red indicator only tells me on which side i got hit and this is not always from where the shot came. Am I wrong?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10-02-2012, 07:02:33 »
Yes, if they are so careless to walk over my body or very close, but if he's 100m away and I do a flic-flac because I was prone when shot at, then I have no clue where the shot came from because even the red indicator only tells me on which side i got hit and this is not always from where the shot came. Am I wrong?

On map like girabub, there usually is no other way, but over enemy body. Often I just wait till about 15 seconds has passed, but I'd rather have 3rd person view removed and I could continue right away. Sometimes there's problem with AP mines too. When I defend some place by closing bottlenecks with mines, I can't replace the mine immedietly, as enemy would see me on death cam. Wise enemy of course is more carefull next time, but if he didn't see me planting new mine, he might tell his squadmates: "I died on mine there, it should be clear". If he can see me putting new mine, he would tell hes squad that there's new mine on the ground.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10-02-2012, 22:02:17 »

On map like girabub, there usually is no other way, but over enemy body. Often I just wait till about 15 seconds has passed, but I'd rather have 3rd person view removed and I could continue right away. Sometimes there's problem with AP mines too. When I defend some place by closing bottlenecks with mines, I can't replace the mine immedietly, as enemy would see me on death cam. Wise enemy of course is more carefull next time, but if he didn't see me planting new mine, he might tell his squadmates: "I died on mine there, it should be clear". If he can see me putting new mine, he would tell hes squad that there's new mine on the ground.

So true. And I warned my squadmember of a pesky knifer...

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11-02-2012, 15:02:37 »
Believe me, one guy who doesn't get killed in the rigth moment can make a difference in a whole game. I am talking about some real skilled people like Unique, who exactly knows the mechanics of a map....

Unique may know maps, but also got 2 pcs (1 guy afk in other team).
Yeah some guys are skilled (I'm not really) but unique is not a skilled guy.
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)