Author Topic: Arch Bishop Fjodor: Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 11727 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Arch Bishop Fjodor: Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #30 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:23 »
I'm aware about the shiny bolt of the svt 40.Thx.

Unfortunately i didn't found the time to do this minor correction for the news. Models was done a long time ago if you follow the logs.

This I find the scary part. Sure, there are some WWII history nazi's that can spot a mistake, but then it gets topped by the fact that it already is known and fixed. Meaning somewhere this is always an UBER WWII history freak.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:32 »
LoL. Next I demand Hummel :P

nah next should be M7 HMC for teh Amis :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:33 »
LoL. Next I demand Hummel :P

nah next should be M7 HMC for teh Amis :)

Yeah, no need to make too many redundant artillery pieces, after all most of what people will see of it ingame are explosions and those all look the same ;)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:17 »
The Bishop is going to be so much ALLIED BIAS. It's a frakking Val. With a 25 pdr gun instead of the puny 2 pdr. Yes, historically it had its share of problems and it was not used in direct-fire role, but we all know that historical role matters little when players get their hands on it, and since breakdowns aren't included... well, let's just hope it has a ludicrously slow reload time and has as limited traverse as it had IRL.
Dude you cant be serious of this, right? You do know the bishop's super structure even has less armor then the sherman, right?
Bishop - Hull front: 60 mm, Superstructure front: 51 mm; Sherman - Hull front 51 mm, Turret front 64mm (gun mantlet 76 mm)
Yeah, it's as weak as Sherman's hull, but even that is no easy task for the PIII's and Pak38's (75L43 on PIVF2, Pak 40, the 76.2 PaK36(r) on the Marder and of course the 88 are a different matter), and the Sherman does not carry a 25 pounder. Also, compared to the German SPG's it is rather heavily armoured.

That aside, yes, it was a partial joke, because with the wonky BF2 physics system driving that thing on any sort of incline is suicidal (ref. Marder I and III), plus it's probably even sloooooower than the Val.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:50 »
I never managed to flip Marder III...25pdr on Valentine chassis shouldn't flip as much as Pak 40 on Lorraine  8)
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13-11-2011, 23:11:27 »
you are all talking about it like it will be a nr.1 tank killer. so what optics does it get and how fast will the projectile drop? - because if its like the wespe this thing will be hard to use vs tanks. i can hit tanks only 50 metres away with direct-fire wespe AP ammo.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14-11-2011, 00:11:41 »
No, I don't think of it as an anti-tank platform. Also, it's unhealthy for it to drive directly onto a flag and fire around itself because the 25pdr packs enough punch to damage itself, unlike most other HE shells. I think of it (in addition to mobile artillery) as an area denial/suppression weapon. Park it outside a flagzone and start raining death. If friendlies arrive to actually take the flag, it's a bonus. Also, you don't have to worry about ammo selection, unlike with Sherman or Grant - you can fire HE all the time.

As for rolling, I have managed to roll a Churchill over, so even the Marder III feels a wee bit top-heavy for me...

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-11-2011, 00:11:33 »
I'm aware about the shiny bolt of the svt 40.Thx.

Unfortunately i didn't found the time to do this minor correction for the news. Models was done a long time ago if you follow the logs.

This I find the scary part. Sure, there are some WWII history nazi's that can spot a mistake, but then it gets topped by the fact that it already is known and fixed. Meaning somewhere this is always an UBER WWII history freak.
They're called Finns.
« Last Edit: 14-11-2011, 13:11:36 by G.Drew »
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14-11-2011, 03:11:17 »
an artillery that doesn't need spotters is always nice.

azreal

« Reply #39 on: 14-11-2011, 04:11:45 »
Be sure to check out the extra screenshots that were uploaded to our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150398609816684.377716.267587761683&type=1

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14-11-2011, 10:11:54 »
you are all talking about it like it will be a nr.1 tank killer. so what optics does it get and how fast will the projectile drop? - because if its like the wespe this thing will be hard to use vs tanks. i can hit tanks only 50 metres away with direct-fire wespe AP ammo.
Well, afaik it is SPG so it will something like Wespe. No good for direct fire, but still better than a german SPG - Wespe don't have a chance even vs light armor which Bishop should fuck up ugly  ;D

EDIT:
They're called Finns

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
« Last Edit: 14-11-2011, 10:11:04 by jan_kurator »

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14-11-2011, 21:11:34 »
So sweet to finally have a working Bishop. Been waiting for that since forever!  When I saw it on desert maps I had one thought, and that was confirmed when I saw the Facebook pics.

It is a highly recognizable and attractive target from the air.

Not that I am complaining or think the devs should do something about this. That's just the way it goes. But you are either going to have to find a good place to hide it, park it near AA, or have some kick-ass fighter pilots on your team if you want to live more than 2 minutes in that thing. Not that this would discourage an arty whore like me. Can't wait to drive it!

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15-11-2011, 08:11:51 »
Nice looking rifle! Never mind the texture issue and bring forward the next update release! HEAAVEE!
Love the Bishop! It's a blocky mean piece of steel!  ;D
I would suggest that you put the Facebook screenshots on the FH home page as well!

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15-11-2011, 12:11:55 »
OMG, Matilda with bigger gun - I expect ultra allied bias!!!!  ;D

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile