Author Topic: New Battlefield Bad Company 2 Trailer, Screenshots  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Neverdies

• Beertester
    • View Profile
Having announced earlier today that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be released on March 3, 2010, EA has released new screenshots and a trailer for DICE's shooter.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60042

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: New Battlefield Bad Company 2 Trailer, Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: 19-08-2009, 22:08:24 »
 ;D
The commander looks around the corner and is just 5 meters away while the enemy soldier looks directly at him. And then the tank is blown up and both the commander and the sniper are having a picknick next to the blast.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-08-2009, 08:08:21 »
I like the Battlefield trailers, one of the FPS that I know that puts a sense of humour in it.
Since I refuse to play fps on the consoles I'm glad this was coming to the PC.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #3 on: 20-08-2009, 09:08:58 »
EA's trailers always look slick... and most likely that is unlike the actual game
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-08-2009, 09:08:41 »
Is it me, or do the guns look...odd for some reason?  Especially when the soldiers are holding them, not so much when they fire them.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-08-2009, 09:08:51 »
EA's trailers always look slick... and most likely that is unlike the actual game

Hehe they always sucker me into buying these game with the trailers.
But, the bitching and moaning aside, the Battlefield games have always lived up to expectations.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #6 on: 20-08-2009, 09:08:03 »

But, the bitching and moaning aside, the Battlefield games have always lived up to expectations.

Not always as the expectations, but enough to be enjoyed by me  8), I just don't like this whole "Battlefield on Console" propaganda of DICE. I mean first they come up with a shitty Cartoonic game for PC only. And then they make two actually nice looking battlefield games for the consoles. And PC gamers gotta wait 6 months for their copy of the game...
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-08-2009, 10:08:33 »

Not always as the expectations, but enough to be enjoyed by me  8), I just don't like this whole "Battlefield on Console" propaganda of DICE. I mean first they come up with a shitty Cartoonic game for PC only. And then they make two actually nice looking battlefield games for the consoles. And PC gamers gotta wait 6 months for their copy of the game...

I actually like BF:Heroes, must be because I am just a flapping Battefield fanboy  :P.

BF1942 was the beginning of it all (Not taking Codename Eagle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUrwcRF0PA) into consideration. Then came the massively fun expansion RtR with Monte Cassino and Op. Husky). Secrets Weapons wasn't really my cup of tea.

After that battlefield Vietnam. Damn what a rush flying your Huey inches from the treetops with Fortunate Son blasting from the radio.

Offcourse all the fun mods, Forgotten Hope, Desert Combat.

Enter Battlefield 2 and with it organized squads, Commanders and the best mod ever FH2.

All this fun for just 100 Euros.

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #8 on: 20-08-2009, 13:08:07 »

I actually like BF:Heroes, must be because I am just a flapping Battefield fanboy  :P.

BF1942 was the beginning of it all (Not taking Codename Eagle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUrwcRF0PA) into consideration. Then came the massively fun expansion RtR with Monte Cassino and Op. Husky). Secrets Weapons wasn't really my cup of tea.

After that battlefield Vietnam. Damn what a rush flying your Huey inches from the treetops with Fortunate Son blasting from the radio.

Offcourse all the fun mods, Forgotten Hope, Desert Combat.

Enter Battlefield 2 and with it organized squads, Commanders and the best mod ever FH2.

All this fun for just 100 Euros.

I was in the Beta program for Heroes but I really cant see the fun of it. If you like it I respect that but I will never play it again.

Battlefield 1942 was just pure fun, and I really hope they make a decent remake of that game. Battlefield Vietnam always gave me the feeling that nobody actually knew where his enemy was, good fun though. I must say that I didn't like Battlefield 2 vanilla that much because of the hacking and glitching. But a game now and then is allright. But I think DICE's mistakes lies at Battlefield 2142 (too close after BF 2) and Battlefield heroes.

Just waiting what 1943 and Bad Company 2 will bring at the moment...

Biiviz

« Reply #9 on: 20-08-2009, 14:08:03 »
I played and enjoyed both Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. Same mix of fun and arcade.
The Battlefield 2142 demo was also pretty enjoyable and I tried downloading the full Battlefield 2142 game to test it out, but it wasn't nearly as good as its predecessors.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #10 on: 20-08-2009, 14:08:25 »
If you've played Mercenaries World in Flames, I think this is the marker for what we'll expect from the next BF on the PC, perhaps a little more turd polishing, but a turd none the less.  Open to the same things that have ruined the game since the dawn of BF... pwnage weapons, aircraft ques and the general public.

Still going to buy into it though, the only BF game I don't want to play is Heroes.  There's nothing Heroic about a TF2 rip-off and $3 virtual torn trousers.  *cough*ghey!*cough*
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-08-2009, 18:08:53 »
If you've played Mercenaries World in Flames, I think this is the marker for what we'll expect from the next BF on the PC, perhaps a little more turd polishing, but a turd none the less.  Open to the same things that have ruined the game since the dawn of BF... pwnage weapons, aircraft ques and the general public.

Still going to buy into it though, the only BF game I don't want to play is Heroes.  There's nothing Heroic about a TF2 rip-off and $3 virtual torn trousers.  *cough*ghey!*cough*

What!! Only $3, what a bargain. I payed $7 for my torn trousers ;)

I expect that BF: BC 2 will be a game that doesn't take it self so seriously. So yes uberpawnage weapons and over the top action.
Won't be playing multiplayer though, we got FH2 for that.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #12 on: 20-08-2009, 19:08:07 »
Won't be playing multiplayer though, we got FH2 for that.

*high fives*
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats