Author Topic: What on earth would it be...  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
What on earth would it be...
« on: 06-09-2011, 22:09:52 »
...that YOU would like to play in FH Game Night 19 this month? :)

Like in august, we are going with something different this time around when it comes to the usual map voting in these threads. Since we are going to have a twist in this voting, I highly suggest you all to read the following carefully so you dont fuck up!

VOTING RULES:
- 3 Maps per bum.

- Name your options in the same old fashion: Map Name Map Size (Sidi Rezegh 16, Bastogne 64...)

- Give me a reason why the maps YOU voted should be played. The most creative, funny, motivating and overally good reasons may very well affect the end results!

Get to it mentlegen! I will perform a magic trick and make the thread disappear in friday 16th.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Re: What on earth would it be...
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2011, 23:09:37 »
What if we have 2 bums?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-09-2011, 23:09:20 »
If you actually have two asses, then you must post a picture of them and afterwards you can vote for six maps.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-09-2011, 23:09:54 »
Fall of Tobruk - 64
El Al -64
Brest - 64

Why these?
If you put the three map names together, then combine them with the uni lateral direction of the Maya calendar, mix them up with secret sketches in Lobo's basement, thrown in some riddable wolves and calculate the results in a secret Nazi base on the moon, you will get FoTElAlBrest.
If you Google this, it will give you ....

precisely .....

absolutely .....

Nothing less then ...

Wait for it ....

Jack shit on Google.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-09-2011, 23:09:47 »
Gazala 16. Because - as has been stated numerous times earlier - in my first FH2 match way back in 2.1 (three years ago... shudder) I first spawned on the Bir Hakeim flag, which still has not been returned to the 64p variant, but of which I still have fond memories of.

Hurtgen Forest 64. Because I get to hallucinate this as a Continuation War map. Apparently, the forest fighting scenes are done better here than in either version of Tuntematon sotilas (or in the bland docu-drama Tali-Ihantala 1944 or the in campfest Rukajärven tie). What do you mean they aren't scripted? They must be!

Mount Olympus 64. Because it's hardly ever on rotation and HATERS GONNA HATE, but it's still one of the best maps in FH2.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-09-2011, 00:09:34 »
So I get to pick 6 noa right?

LOL
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-09-2011, 00:09:51 »
How about you vote instead of making another post for me to delete?

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-09-2011, 01:09:46 »
Giarabub 64 players : Mainly because it's the only CQB map that I like(Brest and Ramelle are beautifull but painfull to play)

Purple Heart Lane 64 : I like this map :p

Anctoville 64 : (bit nostalgic voices) First round ever played on FH2 online( I played a lot before on single player, since I havn't a good internet connection before)

Priestdk

« Reply #8 on: 07-09-2011, 09:09:23 »
Operation Hyacinth 64
why because it is the only real night time map there is and it has some of the most fun close combat scenarios.

Operation Goodwood 64
Why because is has somthing of everything city/urban combat, open tank battles over big distances and it is a big map with alot of room to flank and move around on. And it also hase good cover for inf etc.

Mount Olympus 64
Why because is a huge open map again with somthing of everything even planes and i kinda like the early war equipment on the map for both sides in a more european setting. And ontop of that the map is not so flat it hase alot of nice hills forrest and a special layout witch i like.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-09-2011, 10:09:33 »
Port en Bessin.
Why?
Cause I was there in real life, and I want to cap the hill that I walked over.

Hürtgenforest.
Because I do want to play it longer then 5 minutes, when Irishforce capped all flags without any resistance. :D

Operation Goodwood.
Cause a warbear needs a wood to live in, and a good wood is better then a non good wood

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-09-2011, 10:09:00 »
Anctoville 64. Because it have been changed in 2.4 and now this map is playabe again. I really miss this one - It's rarely seen it on servers. It looks really good and has unique weather which any other map doesn't have...

Hurtgen Forest 64. It has unique gameplay and everybody likes this map...

Point du Hoc 32. Because I never played this one online or it was so long ago that I don't even remember :-[

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 07-09-2011, 13:09:24 »
1. Purple Heart Lane - 64p
I chose this one, because it plays well, it has an initial struggle for the U.S. forces to get going and they feel like they are being imba'd.  But once they get a foothold, the squeeze is on the Germans to protect everything because the map can fall pretty fast. 
And 'Heart' rhymes with 'shart', as in, "I farted and some shit came out" - "dude you totally sharted!" - "I know, it was the Nebelwerfer that made me do it, lol broccolli!"

2. Bardia - 64p
I chose this because I haven't had the opportunity to film Italians in action, I do still feel they should have an uncappale point on the map, like a fall back position it would bring them out of their holes a bit more knowing at least one point is safe... but fuck it, the fighting is normally intense and all over the place, there are plenty of headless chicken moments and group ambition to defend points too.  The British initial advance over the troll bridges is tentative and poetic, like nobody wants to die, but they know someones going to have to go Boom!

3. Hurtgen Forest - 64p
I chose this because at times it reminds me of Star Wars RotJ battle for Endor, and that's nostalgic ("Yub nub").  There is a great diversity in German uniforms which looks uber cool. When the map loads and you realise you are on the allied team, there's an instananeous thought "fuck... this is going to be murder, I hope our artillery guy is not a fricking douche and s/he can use smoke shells too".
The fighting is quite gripping, I never feel there's ever a safe place to hide, and in some moments (as you will soon see) in the confusion of artillery and smoke - you can have U.S. and German forces seek cover in the same foxholes.
It does lack a crossbow though, and the ability to swing from tree to tree.

Shit balls, I do want Point Du Hoc, and Tobruk though, they are my favourites, so many maps so little time.
« Last Edit: 07-09-2011, 13:09:10 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-09-2011, 15:09:11 »
No no no, what the map really lacks is Nazi mecha, which ROTJ had! (Or the equivalent thereof.) Also, speeder bikes (or lacking that, Zündapps) would be welcome for sneaky backcapping.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #13 on: 07-09-2011, 16:09:55 »
No no no, what the map really lacks is Nazi mecha, which ROTJ had! (Or the equivalent thereof.) Also, speeder bikes (or lacking that, Zündapps) would be welcome for sneaky backcapping.

Zundapps in Hurtgen Forest,... this is too much, I only have so much happiness to put into each day, I am overloaded and numb with joy.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-09-2011, 17:09:35 »

As we can see Nazis actually had all terrain armored transports (AT-ATs)