Author Topic: World at War Naval Warfare and Custom Map Day - Saturday July 2nd 2011  (Read 13615 times)

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
We're still going. Merged back to the primary server to keep it full.

For a while there we had 100+ players playing across two servers. Very nice!

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
Very clean build, lots of fun. Too bad I couldn't play longer.
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline Hangman

• View Profile
I'm surprised everything went to well. Really good job from Stubby at the end.

Sad we could not get Sea of Aland working. We didn't get to see the HMS hood or the Bismarck today. But I loved seeing the Eugen and the PoW light up with all their guns and those massive battles.

Offline CLavish

• View Profile
Awsome maps! Only problem for me was ping - I wish we could play them on europe servers...
Excellent job WaW! This maps are so great and so much different from those we are playing.
Can anyone add them to map cycle? 762 or hslan maybe?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
I really missed point of Supplies for Malta... Could someone tell what brits were supposed to do?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
I really missed point of Supplies for Malta... Could someone tell what brits were supposed to do?

Supply Malta?  ;D
No really, they were supposed to protect their flower-class transport ships, which reduced the axis ticket count when they managed to get into the Port of Valata.
I was really positively surprised how much fun that map made and that the mechanics played out. There have been posts about this in the past, but let's see if we can't bugger some one long enough for a second look.  ;D
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
Anyone want to kick start the server again?
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
Server is up and running with players right now.

Jump in :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
At first I crashed to desktop on Malta, but when I re-unpacked the map it worked. Nice event! I really loved the Malta map! I was in a Schnellboot most of the time, getting kill assists for letting my MG gunners gun down allied planes like mad. Torpedoing ships by plane was hard, maybe I flew too low...

Alpenfestung was fun to see, but it is not my kind of map and although it really went well, I didn't enjoy it as much as the other maps.

Moerbrugge was a cool map too, I had fun walking through the high vegetation, listening to Ride of the Valkyrie to locate the Schwimmwagen :) Only thing not so good was that our team ran over the enemy so quickly.

Then after Malta we played Tyrrhenian Sea and I already knew that map. It was improved a bit on the MG sights and all. Had some fun naval battles with the Fletcher. Then the serverswitch went on and I had to go do different stuff.

Thanks WaW!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
would be cool if B-25 had a top down view like Recon planes ;)

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
We're at 30 people again, join the fun.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
We're at 30 people again, join the fun.
I have to paint... >_< YOu should never take the server down. LOL TOOOOOO MUCH FUN!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
Map vote is enabled now so you can keep it on the naval maps if you want ;)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
After plugging my brother's Saitek Cyborg joystick and trying flying some planes, I found out that it's impossible to use a plane with a joystick... The sensitivity is so high that I had big difficulties with aiming... And I don't know how I can change it...  >:(

So, on maps like Thyrreanian Sea and Supplies to Malta was quite boring for me... Ok, I could use ships, but when it turns out after spawning on ship that all guns are manned and soon you magically dies as a TK for ship driver - it must have been really frustrating for him...

But other 3 maps I really enjoyed!  :)

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
After plugging my brother's Saitek Cyborg joystick and trying flying some planes, I found out that it's impossible to use a plane with a joystick... The sensitivity is so high that I had big difficulties with aiming... And I don't know how I can change it...  >:(

Yeah I'm having this problem on my old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick.  Perhaps anyone can suggest something?
This is literally the only game I use a joystick on.