Poll

Would you want to see buildable statics/ deployable?

YES but not PR style
32 (32%)
YES PR style
14 (14%)
NO
54 (54%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: Poll for Building/deploying statics  (Read 11613 times)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
Poll for Building/deploying statics
« on: 23-06-2011, 06:06:56 »
So this has probably been thought of countless times, posted etc, but lets take a poll about this and think about formulating ideas behind this.

The idea is similar to PR in the fact of building various static object/ weapons emplacements.
This could be of the following weapons emplacements
U.S.
.50 cal sandbag bunker
.30 cal sandbag bunker
57mm Emplacement with sandbags or without.
76mm Emplacement with sandbags or without.
Bofors 40mm Emplacements
M45 AA emplacement

Brits
Vickers sandbag bunker
Lewis sandbag bunker
2lb Emplacement on full 360 degree turn no sandbags
6lb Emplacement with sandbags or without
17LB ( if we see it in future releases its the 88's counter honestly) with or with out sandbags.
Bofors 40mm Emplacement

Germans
MG34 Lafette OR bipod mounted with sandbags
MG42 Lafette OR bipod mounted with sandbags
Pak38 Emplacement with or with out sandbags
Pak40 Emplacement with or with out sandbags
Pak 43 ( if we see the east front is coming) with or with out sandbags
Flak 88 MM Emplacement with or with out sandbags
Verling Emplacement
Flak 38 Emplacement
Twin MG34 emplacement with sandbags

Italians
Breda model 37 emplacement with sandbag mounting.
Cannon 47 mm emplacement with or with out sandbags.

All possible weapons to be place pending on the map/ year being played.

Now im unsure how to have this implemented its been discussed that Fh's gameplay is too quick and putting this type of idea in with PR's style of have a squad to build it would be entirely too slow unless your at a back flag in a push map. So there could be other ideas so lets here them!

1- Have vehicles like PR but not PR deploy certain weapons. using the US as an example - Jeep could deploy a .30 cal,    The halftrack could deploy the .50 cal, and the GMC truck could deploy the 76mm gun. How? just like FH just hit a button to deploy the weapon. and the weapon could either be facing forward as the vehicle is OR you could "back up" the vehicle and the weapon could be deployed opposite of the facing vehicle. They also would get one use until the vehicle is destroyed.. and to keep from spamming these static dropping vehicles could take a while to respawn.

1 ALT- have the same basic idea as idea 1 BUT instead of having all those vehicles be able to deploy weapons, just have it like PR and there logistic truck so that you are able to select like a weapon what static you wish to deploy. not need a squad.

2- You could also have certain kits in main base or at certain flags in which you could have an old time radio in your hand and call upon the emplaced weapon from a menu  like PR but doesnt not require building of the weapon it just sits on a 10 second delay to being deployed in position. ( for weapons such as AT they woudl need a 360 degree sandbag bunker if using sandbags) or simply not use sand bags i guess. To go against spam of weapon perhaps every kit could only deploy 2 statics before having to either be killed, static weapon destroyed or reload the kit taking a considerable amount of time to do so either from ammo box on the ground, truck, or halftrack. not needing a squad

3- PR style the whole way. Logy truck, in squads and build the emplacement need i say more?

4- use either options 1 or 2 but having to be in a squad in order to deploy the weapon ( but does not need a squad to come over to build with shovels... )

What are the pros about this?
Well for one now weapons wont be in exactly the same spot everytime. So planes/tanks/ infantry will have to be more cautious as to were these weapons are deployed. Due to weapons being in teh exact same place every time the planes know where to come in and gun em down, or a tank could just fire and HE round and infantry will easily flank the MG position.

This would bring a big change to how people play i think knowing that a MG could be sitting in wait for them. or the tank would have to advance slowly hoping that around the corner a AT gun wont be sitting and or wait for infantry to move forward first.

Brings much more strategy to a map instead of run around and just avoid these positions.

CON
Only 2 cons i can foresee 1 which really isnt a concern to me.
1- the weapons might not look right if incorrectly places or placed in a building etc. or if they were placed on something stupid like an ammo box so the weapon might look like its floating.. to prevent this maybe put something in that destroys the static automaticly if not places on a solid ground or  on top of a building ( yes weapons are placed on roofs its strategy)

2- some noob can just put the weapon right out side of main base. maybe something can be coded in so that this special kit or static has to be place so many ingame meters away from the main?

any way put your thoughts about this, and if you have a better idea of how to implement the idea if it were up to you lets hear it.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Poll for Building/deploying statics
« Reply #1 on: 23-06-2011, 06:06:38 »
TBH, I see a difference between statics and the deployable mortars and tripods.  For instance, you do this, you're gonna see guys placing bofor's guns and 17lber on top of buildings |:

The statics are designed by the devs for map balance.  By allowing anyone to set up static bunkers and cannon anywhere, that screws with that balance.  It would be nice to see better positions for tripod set ups and even mortars, but to see guys pulling 17lber out of their back pocket?  no thanks.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-06-2011, 06:06:48 »
Hell no.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-06-2011, 08:06:38 »
FH2 doesn't even has an "infrastructure" for this. This isn't about 'just adding' mechanics and voila - the game is improved. That's why I don't support any miraculous 'PRish' sugggestion.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-06-2011, 08:06:30 »
Maybe for a new game mode, but not in regular play

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-06-2011, 08:06:46 »
No. FH2 gameplay is too fast for this kind of gameplay. Sometimes you barely have enough time to travel between a spawnpoint and a gun emplacement before the enemy attack commences.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-06-2011, 10:06:46 »
No thanks. as long as it would be fun to do for a while. it would screw up the game totally (yeah imagine few guys placing them Boforses everywhere, spamming here and there.players are players, if something is possible, they will do it no matter if it takes fun from game from everyone else.

Besides devs stated that they want players to be playing, not building stuff around the maps.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:56 »
Well building to that extent would probably screw up the game... But I wouldn't mind seeing some deployable sandbags (like in Men of War - you build a small sandbag wall that can provide your team with some cover - would work for some open maps). Also if possible different types of sandbags - for example i think djinn once suggested walls high enough to stand behind, or crouch, and walls with a hole in the middle so you can place a deployable MG or an AT gun (mobile) behind it. I feel that this currently lacks ingame as deployable MGs are rarely used.

Also, MOAR places to put deployable MGs... I hate it when I find a nice spot to put it and it just disappears  >:(
« Last Edit: 23-06-2011, 11:06:05 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:32 »
No. FH2 gameplay is too fast for this kind of gameplay. Sometimes you barely have enough time to travel between a spawnpoint and a gun emplacement before the enemy attack commences.

This.The Gameplay is not suitable for something like that.

BUT

Deployable weapons from Jeeps and halftracks and etc would be good,just like in FH1 . Can this be done?

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-06-2011, 12:06:38 »
I really would like to deploy an MG onto statics.

As far as the rest is concerned: No. Like Jan and Bouras, the gameplay is too different. Also, the urban and/or smaller maps will become useless tk/rage/rape/noob fests. Planes and choppers are not the only reason why the (urban) maps in PR are huge.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-06-2011, 12:06:26 »
you guys say theres too quick of gameplay? Thats why an option to vote is not PR style. In the case of a map being too small? Then you dont add it, or you have a kit instead that deploys and MG like we have now. I fail to see a map in which really is too small to even have an MG deployable.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:30 »
I would really love to see vehicles that can spawn AT-guns, machine guns, sandbags, barbwire. Not in a way that the whole defence will be made up by these devices, but if we had one or two of those trucks on a map it wouldn't hurt.
To prevent players from placing the guns on the rooftops you can have them spawn under the vehicle but only after the truck moved a little bit on.
This would really be a great new toy.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:51 »
TBH, I see a difference between statics and the deployable mortars and tripods.  For instance, you do this, you're gonna see guys placing bofor's guns and 17lber on top of buildings |:

if its done PR style, you can only place deployables near suplie trucks (in latest pach, near suplie crates deployed by suplie trucks xD), so there is no risk of placing them on top of buildings. its like the deployables from FH1, you just place them where a truck is able to go.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:31 »
negatory