Author Topic: FH Game Night 16 - 32 Times The Fun  (Read 7707 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: FH Game Night 16 - 32 Times The Fun
« Reply #60 on: 19-06-2011, 15:06:54 »
On an objective map, you "cap" the flags by destroying all objectives linked to it (you cannot cap it in the normal conquest way, by going into the flagzone and everything). So when in Barce all objectives were successfully destroyed by your team, the flags turned British. The flag at airfield remained Italian because there was one plane left undestroyed.

Actually the flag at Barce remained Italian as well, although I don't have the screenshot to prove it.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 19-06-2011, 15:06:03 »
Weird, as far as i could see both the north flags were british, Italians just had the Airport flag. Somewhere from the middle of the round until the end. Looks like there could be some bugs imo. For me it looked like there were 2 stars (obectives) left in north and 1 star at the airport (the famous plane we managed to protect) , all the battle. Dont have any screenshots as proof either, but i know what i saw

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19-06-2011, 15:06:41 »
On an objective map, you "cap" the flags by destroying all objectives linked to it (you cannot cap it in the normal conquest way, by going into the flagzone and everything). So when in Barce all objectives were successfully destroyed by your team, the flags turned British. The flag at airfield remained Italian because there was one plane left undestroyed.

Actually the flag at Barce remained Italian as well, although I don't have the screenshot to prove it.
No, both flags were British in Barce, the one at the station and the one in the city. We couldn't spawn in Barce anymore, it was because the flag had turned.

I have played Hyacinth 32 many times, I know how the objectives stuff works and what is bugged and what is not. I'm sure others can confirm what I wrote above about the flags and the objectives.

edit: yes, Jobabb, you saw correctly.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19-06-2011, 15:06:55 »

No, both flags were British in Barce, the one at the station and the one in the city. We couldn't spawn in Barce anymore, it was because the flag had turned.

I have played Hyacinth 32 many times, I know how the objectives stuff works and what is bugged and what is not. I'm sure others can confirm what I wrote above about the flags and the objectives.

edit: yes, Jobabb, you saw correctly.

On the minimap, perhaps, but I was in Barce - the flag was still Italian ingame.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19-06-2011, 16:06:31 »
On the minimap, perhaps, but I was in Barce - the flag was still Italian ingame.
Ah OK, I didn't know you meant that. Yes, that is a known bug too. Like flagbug, but less destroying for the gameplay, as British would have won the map when the plane would have been destroyed, while a flagbug in conquest means that bleed is broken, therefore infringing the gameplay a lot.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #65 on: 20-06-2011, 12:06:51 »
We should have attack airfield first - it was quite difficult to attack when the whole team was defending it and half of British team was trying to destroy objectives in already capped Barce...  ::)

Probaby another one of my Fh2 'the mod' highlights, i know if you were on British side it must have felt like a war of attrition, ... travel to flag, get shot, rinse and repeat, ... but to be an italian, guarding that one plane - it was so tense, 3 waves of trucks came at us I had no ammo just a pistol and knife, saw two guys running towards me, and shit myself, this is it, I'm going to die, then teuff-teuff-teuff, someone else fromt he shadows took those dudes out.

Wished there was a hi 5 button right then,
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 21-06-2011, 08:06:23 »
Well, I couldn't even see this famous plane, because I was always shot before reaching airfield... Italians were everywhere....  ::)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24-06-2011, 21:06:36 »
Btw: I'm gonna vore more often for Mareth 32 as that map is a lot of fun.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26-06-2011, 22:06:37 »

I don't see anything special about it - Brits quickly took first 2 flags and then both team stuck between last 2 flags until the end of the battle... There was no possibility for taking any flags more for both of teams...  ::)

Just saying how it was...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 26-06-2011, 22:06:34 »
I expected it to end up being like I've played it before. Brits stuck at their main and not being able to cap anything.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27-06-2011, 20:06:53 »

I don't see anything special about it - Brits quickly took first 2 flags and then both team stuck between last 2 flags until the end of the battle... There was no possibility for taking any flags more for both of teams...  ::)

Just saying how it was...
We were setting up a sort of coordinated attack near the end of the round, with smoke and armor support. We just ran out of time before we could cap the flag. So, I'd like to see next time, maybe we can pull it off.

But, on the other hand, if it plays out like Flippy says, it will be a nightmare.