Author Topic: Epic Sound Pack Addon 2.45  (Read 17453 times)

Offline HYDR4

• View Profile
Epic Sound Pack Addon 2.45
« on: 26-05-2011, 22:05:17 »
Hi! I made a Sound pack for FH 2.45 Download link as soon. I replaced many sounds in the game. Please leave feedback or reply for this mod.

Thanks.  :)

Here the link to the TEST video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8ZcD4pmwg

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/67027672/file.html

« Last Edit: 28-09-2012, 14:09:54 by HYDR4 »

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: Ultimate Sound Pack Addon
« Reply #1 on: 26-05-2011, 23:05:37 »
Wow...Just wow......Look forward to the link!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-05-2011, 23:05:22 »
I NEED IT!!!

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 26-05-2011, 23:05:39 »
"Sounds" good!  :D
Is this for Singleplayer or will it work for Multilplay too?  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-05-2011, 23:05:35 »
I think this is gonna be my sound pack for quite some time once it comes out.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-05-2011, 23:05:49 »
i need teh download link asap :o :)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-05-2011, 00:05:44 »
Very nice! But some sounds are a bit over the top IMHO... (Note that I don't have experience with IRL weapons so I don't really know how they really sound)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-05-2011, 04:05:41 »
I really like the ambiant sound, I feel more like we really ear some battles from a far distance. I also like tank guns, and most SMG's. The only ones who I dislikes are the browning M2, browning M1919 and MG42. I have the impression that it sounds wierd to me, particuliary the M1919, even if it looks quite close to reality.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-05-2011, 07:05:30 »
Ambience sounds with fake battle sounds built-in is just so 2000's  8)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-05-2011, 08:05:42 »
Niiccee!! Send us the link pls!!

@Capten C: I think it works with SP also as one of the kill messages shows a bot name if I got it right
« Last Edit: 27-05-2011, 08:05:50 by Raziel »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-05-2011, 09:05:47 »
It definately beefs sounds. I do hope those are all more realistic though. I wont know how a garand or flak canon sound, but it does seem very much like Saving Private, which had beefed-up sfx, but I've come to understand was very unrealistic.

Have you heard the m1s in Letters from Iwo Jima? Again, I dont know what these should sound like, but understanding that guns are indistinct in rl with just enough to make them unique, I figure that to be truer imo.

Also, I think the BAR could benefit from a little more umph.

Finally, one thing always lacking with gun sounds is the right reverberation. Done right, a clear reverb would take guns to the level of bf:bc2. The idea is to make reverb originate away from the original sound source and not be a direct tail for the sound. I dont know if thats even possible though.

Are the distant explosions and gun sounds from within the game? Those sound excellent!

Awaiting this eagerly. Sound is everything to my fh2 experience.

Please dont neglect the pistols - they badly need some loving.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-05-2011, 10:05:34 »
Ambience sounds with fake battle sounds built-in is just so 2000's  8)

For what i can hearr from the smal video this sound pack is much better then what you have now.....

Need link to download it!

:)
« Last Edit: 27-05-2011, 10:05:37 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27-05-2011, 12:05:32 »
I'm sorry, but anybody doubting this mans work on realism does not deserve to have a constructive opinion. This sound pack is great, despite the fact these guns have very different sounds in real life. There is however one reality which means that this ridiculous focus on making everything one hundred percent realistic is impossibly ill placed: no microphone on earth can capture the power of a firearm.

Saving Private Ryan, Band Of Brothers, or whatever other World War II movie,series or game you would like to mention, may not have realistic sounds by any definition of the word, but these are excellent sound designs that work together to form a very powerful mood and ambiance to the combat scenes in those pieces of media. This mod is no different.

Real life firearms, of which I've fired a large variety (especially World War II service rifles), have a very powerful sound, which I'm not even sure I can accurately describe in words, but my point is that no video on YouTube, no game, no mod of any kind, has ever even come close to accurately representing the way in which these rifles sound to the human ear, especially when it comes to my honey, the M1 Garand.

However I don't need a one hundred percent realistic sound to get me into the battle, his M1 Garand sound is excellent, even if unrealistic, and while using it I would certainly get the same feeling of enjoyment as I do shooting the real one rapidly. It reminds me of not only those movies, but other games like BF1943 (which I really liked the M1 Garand sounds of) and of my time on the range with the rifle just enjoying the power.

Just as one cannot gauge how an M1 Garand actually handles from a movie like Saving Private Ryan, so too can one not make a judgement of how one sounds, especially if never having fired the real rifle before. This goes for all firearms.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27-05-2011, 13:05:12 »
Like I said, I have never heard any of these guns in real life.

However, I simply think FH2 could really do with 'realistic' sounds. PR actually does this pretty well for most of its stuff..

In realism, I don't mean, go fire the real things and record. however, I think healthy amount of research will give you  feedback on what people PERCIEVE the sounds as. I have no doubt that most games and movies base their sounds on this perception - and if you have ever seen the documentary Restrepo, you might understand why.

Given the right audio, you actually pick up those unique sounds from each gun type courtesy of different dimensions, technology for firing and caliber of rounds.

This includes the main sound itself, the degree of metal in it, how loud it would be relative to the gameworld and other sounds, and the reverberation that will follow it - also based on how loud it was and its calibre

Gamers, believe it or not, want to get a perception of the real deal. Why fire a gun that make the sound of a Cow, when you can hear a gun that sounds more like a gun than other games.... It gives the weapons the illusion of body and proper weighting, even where there isn't one

Since this project is still underway, I simply SUGGEST work goes in this direction - And he DID ask for feedback no.

As an artist, I tend to prefer negative but constructive feedback more than pats on the back - even though I would want SOME of the latter also.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27-05-2011, 13:05:05 »
It sounds great, especially I love sound of a passing bullet in 1:40 but as Natty said:
Ambience sounds with fake battle sounds built-in is just so 2000's  8)
and it sucks. Everything else is amazing, maybe except sound of a thompson which is in my opinion a little bit odd.