Author Topic: [Statics] Cannot jump out of certain house static.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Okay.  I've noticed this a few times on different maps (it's a fairly common building).  Anyway, here goes:

You cannot jump out of the "upstairs" portion of this static building.  In that picture, part of the upper room's wall is destroyed, but you cannot jump out from there, it seems like there is an invisible wall there.  I'm assuming it's some bug in the collision mesh or something.  I'm fairly certain you can spawn in that "upstairs room" on Giarabub at least (on the East Giarabub Flag).  You can also get into the room normally if you climb the stairs at the back of the building, and then traverse along the partially destroyed wall and hop into the room.  The only exit is either back the way you came, or hopping down into the main bombed out area on the first floor.  It's kind of annoying to attempt to jump down from the second story and be prevented from doing so by an invisible wall.  I can guess that maybe the original intent for this static was that you wouldn't be able to enter the second floor room, but you can enter it, rather easily actually.  I think you can still shoot out of second story room (through the "invisible wall"), but I'm not entirely certain.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal.  I just thought I would point this out.
« Last Edit: 20-08-2009, 18:08:16 by Admiral Donutz »

Biiviz

Re: [Statics] Cannot jump out of certain house static.
« Reply #1 on: 04-08-2009, 09:08:58 »
On what map has this happened?

I seem to recall being able to jump out of it on Bardia. I'll have to try it when I get home.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 04-08-2009, 11:08:02 »
I did try this when I came across this building, I sort of just remembered this.  I couldn't jump out the top either, but I could shoot out.

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-08-2009, 17:08:18 »
On what map has this happened?

I seem to recall being able to jump out of it on Bardia. I'll have to try it when I get home.

I know I've seen it alot in Giarabub.  I've even seen it in WaW maps (which is what reminded me to post this).  I don't know where else this static is, maybe Supercharge?  Anyway, I'm sure it happens where ever it is placed.  Also, I can't recall seeing this building on Bardia.  I know it's in at least two places in Giarabub, though (it's a spawn point on East Giarabub flag and there's another one about midway between Village and Barracks flags).

I did try this when I came across this building, I sort of just remembered this.  I couldn't jump out the top either, but I could shoot out.

Thanks for checking it.  At least we know it's not just my imagination now.

Biiviz

« Reply #4 on: 04-08-2009, 17:08:34 »
Ah, I confused it with another similar building I think.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-08-2009, 18:08:58 »
fixed ;)

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-08-2009, 12:08:13 »
Yay! 

Since it's done I'll close the topic, k?