Author Topic: Giving Aberdeen some love  (Read 12486 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Giving Aberdeen some love
« Reply #45 on: 31-01-2011, 20:01:46 »
Unfortunetly, people don't enjoy the gameplay of Aberdeen.  :-\
Some people don't enjoy this at all. Others enjoy to varying degrees, but would like to see it improved in order to reach more of its potential (which it has plenty) and to get people to play it again.

Since chaning the OOB area, moving flags around, and changing what spawns where is considerably faster and easier than starting to fiddle with the statics or even making a new map from scratch, us who would love to see the map reach its full potential are suggesting the former as a quick fix. It may not make the map perfect, but if it's an improvement over the current version, if there's someone interested to do it, then why shoot it down?

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #46 on: 01-02-2011, 00:02:29 »
I WILL DO IT.

I WILL ATTEMPT TO REMAKE OPERATION ABERDEEN.

Offline HadrianBT

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01-02-2011, 03:02:27 »
+1 to Kelmola. Couldn't agree more. Although there still will be this issue with the PzIII cupola :(
Proud member of CWC dev team (voice-recording).
"im sorry,but you sound like an old grumpy man listening to rock music" AngryBeaver
"Some argue that the only thing in the world you cannot get used to is an icicle up yours, because it will melt" Kelmola

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01-02-2011, 03:02:50 »
Some people don't enjoy this at all. Others enjoy to varying degrees, but would like to see it improved in order to reach more of its potential (which it has plenty) and to get people to play it again.

Since chaning the OOB area, moving flags around, and changing what spawns where is considerably faster and easier than starting to fiddle with the statics or even making a new map from scratch, us who would love to see the map reach its full potential are suggesting the former as a quick fix. It may not make the map perfect, but if it's an improvement over the current version, if there's someone interested to do it, then why shoot it down?

Never shot it done.  Like I said, I think the best way to make this a good map would actually be to change the entire scenario to a Tunisia USvGermans map.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01-02-2011, 04:02:06 »

Never shot it done.  Like I said, I think the best way to make this a good map would actually be to change the entire scenario to a Tunisia USvGermans map.
A Tiger would own everything sitting in main :D

But is really making Americans for NA worth what is essentially an old test map?
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01-02-2011, 05:02:11 »

A Tiger would own everything sitting in main :D

But is really making Americans for NA worth what is essentially an old test map?

Well, I'm just pointing out that it is a way to make the terrain match the history.  Also, what Tigers?  They weren't used against the americans at Kasserine ;).

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01-02-2011, 05:02:45 »
Just how different are the US African unis vs the Europe ones?

ie, if someone makes a scenario that works as  US/German. Use the normandy ones as placeholders, perhaps someone in the community could reskin?

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13099.0

I'd really like to see the FH community put on hold the constant flamewars on gunsights and olive drab, get together to try and make FH2 better.  So far one mapper, lets get more ideas.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01-02-2011, 06:02:55 »
No difference. :P

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #53 on: 01-02-2011, 08:02:30 »
I could ask Roni to make a desert reskin for the Americans..

Offline Rumia

• Apparitions Stalk the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01-02-2011, 11:02:23 »
Do we have 37mm Gun M3 for US? We can see American rookies firing 37mm desperately at PzIVs just like PaK38 vs Matilda ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01-02-2011, 16:02:36 »
I could ask Roni to make a desert reskin for the Americans..

Like I said, its the same skin....

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01-02-2011, 19:02:03 »
So here are some ideas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Kasserine_Pass
You have to look at the map with North being left.

US vs Germans
Big flag zones for teamwork + tanking to get.  Proferably close all the buildings.  Maybe start all the flags as US. Each spawner point could produce bundles of tanks.  So 5 guys could spawn there and drive off in tanks that respawn every 10 secs on the spot or so.  Perhaps different versions of P3/P4 to mix it up.  Tigers only spawn once, so 2 on the entire map.  No idea if the Grants can even take them down though with 20 shots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_El_Guettar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tunisia30Janto10Apr1943.jpg
Same wrong compass direction

US vs Italian/German Reenforcments
Grants and Shermans in this one vs P3/P4 maybe some Carro Armatos to make it feel more italian.  Make the stronger reenforcments tied to the Gafsa/El guettar flags so that it better represents the German Reenforcments.  Maybe some scout cars around.

Ive no idea on the accuracy, but perhaps it is closer to those battles than aberdeen is for the map layout.  I really would like to see a big tank battle that doesnt have the tiny crummy flag zones to appease the infantry need.  Infantry duty stinks on this map, so get rid of it I think.  Could a flag be set to be only cappable if you are in a vehicle? :)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 01-02-2011, 19:02:15 »
Looks good, but no Tigers in Kasserine ;)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #58 on: 01-02-2011, 19:02:42 »
I've already started on a complete remake with historical information from Von Mudra as a basis.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 01-02-2011, 19:02:49 »
Please, don't tell me you want to fire the Valentine from the only map where it is used. That would make me a sad bunny.  :'(