Ramelle-Neuville
Sidi Rezegh
Siege of Giarabub
Siege of Tobruk
St-Lo Breakthrough
Supercharge
Tunis
Villers Bocage
Damn, one option to much that can't get removed.

Author Topic: What 5 maps would you miss the least?  (Read 15704 times)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: What 5 maps would you miss the least?
« Reply #45 on: 26-01-2011, 11:01:09 »
I love Fh2 Maps...all of them. The old and new - all make up this awesome mod.
For the pol I chose the following;

Africa
Alam Halfa: Just looks ....love the gameplay
Bardia: Definitely needs a face lift.....never enjoyed playing it even though there are Italians and Aussies
Tunis: Love Tunis's looks....but preferred the old version instead of current one.

Normandy
Lebisey:  Looks awesome....Not even once I played it the way it should be played. Teamwork etc!  It is more of a people problem than of a map problem.  :-\
Luttich: Love the looks and atmosphere....I find extremely difficult to distinguish between friends and foes due to the low light (and am colour blind  :'(  which definitely doesn't help on this map)

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26-01-2011, 11:01:00 »
I like Mersa !  :(

Oh, and if I had to choose a fifth it would be Cobra. It is overplayed, unrealistic (the town lack of details and should be more destroyed than it is), and boring for the infantry (unlike totalize).

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26-01-2011, 12:01:11 »
Alam Halfa - Simply has never got the gameplay of that one. I never get to play it fluently at all and i just think the map is set up in such a weird way.

Mersa Matruh - Because during 2.0 and 2.1 it was ALWAYS on when I was playing. I've grown tired of it.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26-01-2011, 13:01:52 »
How can someone not like Mersa? The only map where Stuka <3 isn't bothered by pesky fighters :P

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26-01-2011, 14:01:15 »
Tunis: not my cup of tea gameplay-wise.
Anctoville: game "flow" is now even worse than what it was with the APC spawn and no SL spawns
Lebisey: both hslan and 762 seemingly run this map half the time, just that indefinite something that makes me dislike it
PdH: partybunker. 'nuff said.

EDIT: Ramelle. Because.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26-01-2011, 14:01:42 »
How can someone not like Mersa? The only map where Stuka <3 isn't bothered by pesky fighters :P

mersa is awezum! lots of places to attack the city, lots of corners to defend it , huge view distance,historicaly well represented, whats not to love? ^^

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26-01-2011, 14:01:16 »
There is no need to remove any map at all, imho. Every map provides a challenge.

But the 5 maps I would miss the least:

• Operation Aberdeen
  • Supercharge
  • Mount Olympus
  • El Alamein
  • Gazala

because I prefer to play as Infantry mostly, and these maps provide little possibility for Infantry alone. Well, I just resort to defending one flag or something, so I play them as well.

Seems like many people don´t like them, but Brest and Anctoville are amongst my favorite maps. Some epic tough battles raging lately on hslan, when teams are even.  :)
Tunis is a bit too hardcore with the really few ways to move, but then it´s the only real Infantry only map in this mod so it´s ok to have a map like this (ok, besides PHL, but that feels too open)

I think FH2 should try to have a map in every "extreme" like FH1 had. Tank only, inf only, air only, ship only to appeal to as many players as possible.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26-01-2011, 14:01:08 »
whats not to love? ^^

all the dead ends which creates a void in your soul everytime you run in there.. the totally empty BF2 terrain areas with beige color and nothing to do, the rapefest on the last flag, the plain messy pathing and excessive obstacles when you drive a tank, the arbitrary minefields, the unfocused fighting, the weird combat zone in the south, the lack of flow, and oh did I mention the boredom?

If the pathing was better in the town (less dead ends) and a layout like this; it would be a great map

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:29 »
There are mine fields on this?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:22 »
There are mine fields on this?

on Mersa.....? uhm.. yea? or did I do a brainfart just now..? Im sure Ive died on minefields on this map...  ::)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:16 »
I've always liked Mersa Matruh. It has a special place in my heart. Altho it could be a bit improved on the looks department, I dont see any faults in it. Always having fun in it, no matter which side I play as. And Natty, you die to minefields because you dont keep your eyes open. There are clear signs that scream out ACHTUNG MINEN at your face.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:15 »
whats not to love? ^^

all the dead ends which creates a void in your soul everytime you run in there.. the totally empty BF2 terrain areas with beige color and nothing to do, the rapefest on the last flag, the plain messy pathing and excessive obstacles when you drive a tank, the arbitrary minefields, the unfocused fighting, the weird combat zone in the south, the lack of flow, and oh did I mention the boredom?

If the pathing was better in the town (less dead ends) and a layout like this; it would be a great map

basically, strike at karkand 1942? yea..i think i'll pass :P

edit: altrough, i agree about the camp festof the last flag, IMO, the last flag should be the uper center flag, and just capable when all other flags have been capture
« Last Edit: 26-01-2011, 15:01:59 by SiCaRiO »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:20 »
basically, strike at karkand 1942? yea..i think i'll pass :P

random much?

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:38 »
what do you mean by unfocussed figthing?? when im in that map i dont have problems finding battles or places to defend, mainly rail road and the left flag one, there is always action there . playing as german is a litle tricky trough, but once you capture one flag and have competent squad leaders you can move foward and foward

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 26-01-2011, 15:01:46 »
Goodwood, I am SOOO fed up with that

Cobra, I hate that it's big map with lots of different vehicles AND low view distance. Those just don't fit.

Aberdeen, All I remember about that map is somehow boring, but I would like to play it again as I haven't played it for long time.

Alam Halfa, Too much waiting in base and camping.

Falaise pocket, I always leave the server when that map loads there is nothing I like about it. Run die run die or camping in bush and killing people, gets boring after a while.

I like maps with huge open feel in them (long view distance, not too many statics), makes me feel good and free. El Alamein is one of my favorite maps. I like maps with loads of opinions and routes, that is why I like battlefield.
« Last Edit: 26-01-2011, 16:01:26 by Paavopesusieni »