Author Topic: Immense Lag  (Read 4361 times)

Offline ToucanSam23

• Foolish Dingo!
    • View Profile
Immense Lag
« on: 03-01-2011, 20:01:30 »
Hello all.

I seem to be experiencing extreme amounts of lag whilst playing Forgotten Hope 2, which in my opinion should not be happing. You see, I am running the game on a brand-new Alienware M15x laptop with nothing else installed except BF2 (obviously) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. This is supposedly one of the most powerful gaming laptops on the market and I see no reason why it should lag when playing FH2. It can run BF2 on the highest settings effortlessly...

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
Re: Immense Lag
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-2011, 21:01:53 »
Alienware laptops suck ass there a waste of $$$  and there not the best just like Alienwere desktops you can build a better one and spend less $$$ and still have a PC 8x better also

(you can go on NEWEGG and by a better laptop from ASUS)

also what do you mean by "lag" low fps? of just internet lag?

post you PC specs  
« Last Edit: 03-01-2011, 21:01:12 by Ajs47951 »

Offline Ajs47951

• View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #2 on: 03-01-2011, 21:01:24 »
post a DXDIAG

if you don't know how to do that this is how.

-Click Start (or the windows button on 7)

-Click Run (should be near the bottom of the list in XP, on 7 it's in the right hand pane at the bottom)

-Type DXDIAG in the field in the pop up and hit enter, click yes on any pop up.

-A window will pop up, let it run (there's a progress bar in the bottom left in newer versions of DirectX) it wont take long.

-Once it is finished, click the button that says Save Information. Just save it to your Desk Top. It will be DxDiag.txt

-Open it in your text editor of choice, Select All, Copy

and then post it on here...lol ;D

also do you have the most up to date gfx drivers
also because you have a labtop do you have the "power save" off because that can be a big hit on fps and cpu speed

Offline Ajs47951

• View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-2011, 03:01:00 »
post a DXDIAG

if you don't know how to do that this is how.

-Click Start (or the windows button on 7)

-Click Run (should be near the bottom of the list in XP, on 7 it's in the right hand pane at the bottom)

-Type DXDIAG in the field in the pop up and hit enter, click yes on any pop up.

-A window will pop up, let it run (there's a progress bar in the bottom left in newer versions of DirectX) it wont take long.

-Once it is finished, click the button that says Save Information. Just save it to your Desk Top. It will be DxDiag.txt

-Open it in your text editor of choice, Select All, Copy

and then post it on here...lol ;D

also do you have the most up to date gfx drivers
also because you have a labtop do you have the "power save" off because that can be a big hit on fps and cpu speed
do this ^

we need to know your specs to be able to help you

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-01-2011, 09:01:59 »
...By lag I mean single player lag...
Playing Singleplayer is a lot harder on your system, particularly the CPU, compared to playing online.

Not only does it have to run the game, but it has to run the server and all the bots as well.

This is your laptop, yeah?: http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-m15x/pd

And this is the likely problem:
    * Intel® CoreTM i7X 940XM Processor (2GHz/8MB cache)
    * Intel® CoreTM i7 840QM Processor (1.86GHz/8MB cache)
    * Intel® CoreTM i7 740QM Processor (1.73GHz/6MB cache

The BF2 engine was written for single core CPU's, and the fastest CPU listed is only running at 2GHz...so as far as the game's concerned you've effectively only got a 2GHz single core CPU.

At that speed you'll probably find you can only have 25-30 bots (@max difficulty) before it starts to lag.

I can't recall what the stock FH2 number of bots/difficulty level is, but if you go into '...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\ai' and open aidefault.ai, you can edit both settings:
echo *****************************************************************************************
echo AIDefault.ai ****************************************************************************
echo *****************************************************************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To spawn more than 15 bots in SP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem Note that this is totaly unsupported, it will affect your system's performance
rem and may even crash your game. That being said, you will most likely be able to run a lot
rem more bots than 15 on your system.

rem Example for 32 bot game with expert bots

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 63
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem aiDebug.draw 1

rem EOF
Edit your file (make a backup first) to match this one and try changing the highlighted values, the difficulty level ranges from 0.1 (easy) to 1.0 (hard).

Keep in mind the more bots you have, and the higher the difficulty, the harder it is on the CPU.

And if you haven't already found them, there's also a few downloads for SP you'll want: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6539.0

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-01-2018, 05:01:26 »
I have the same problem: lag! Are there any other tweaks that I could make in the FH2 folder to increase performance?