Author Topic: Crash To Desktop But Plays In Singleplayer Wth?  (Read 725 times)

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
Crash To Desktop But Plays In Singleplayer Wth?
« on: 22-12-2010, 00:12:54 »
i know theirs been many topics like this or similiar topics about crashes to desktop but mine is quite wierd itself, i can play Forgotten hope 2 normally in local game like if i create my own server against the AI in Co-op or singleplayer yet when i try to join an online game, it crashes to the desktop, now i know its not a shader problem nor is my FH2 outdated i downloaded the latest version of FH2 and i have the latest patch for BF2, so i dont know what the problem could be and its definatelly not my specs on my machine either, can someone kindly please help me out here!?.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Crash To Desktop But Plays In Singleplayer Wth?
« Reply #1 on: 22-12-2010, 08:12:36 »
It sounds more like a firewall problem. Could you run FH2 in windowed mode (add "+fullscreen 0" in the target properties of your FH2 desktop link) and check the error message for us?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-12-2010, 11:12:52 »
The problem is, i didn't recieve any error messages or anything, it just showed a black screen and "boom" straight to desktop, singleplayer runs fine, and its not a shader problem either, not that i have any problems fighting the AI but i miss the teamwork etc online :(

I've tried FH2 with the firewall off, tried loading an online server and it still crashes me!, please help me :( and my bf2 is the latest version too! :(
« Last Edit: 22-12-2010, 11:12:49 by Havoc2090 »
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-12-2010, 11:12:29 »
Did you do what N24 said, run it in windowed mode. In full screen you don't always get to see an error message.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #4 on: 22-12-2010, 15:12:50 »
You have correct version of FH2?

Because if you have older version it afaik does just like that, coop runs fine as you are not connected to a dedicated server but if you go online it will crash at somepoint when it figures out you have different version.
CMP Gaming

Offline Rumia

• Apparitions Stalk the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-12-2010, 03:12:59 »
Try reinstall the whole game can always solve this problem. Stupid but it works

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-12-2010, 08:12:23 »
To check you have the current installation of FH2, go into the mod folder and look for the file "changelog.txt", which contains the version details.

Version 2.3 will have this build number

Code: [Select]
Forgotten Hope 2
----------------
http://fhmod.org/
This is version 1.8.885 built 2010-09-20 15:28:42.140890