Author Topic: A Little of Everything  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
A Little of Everything
« on: 31-10-2010, 19:10:45 »

Hello and welcome back to another update of No Man’s Land. For today’s update, we have many new things, just for you.

The Battle of Cantigny, fought on 28 May 1918, the second day of the great German offensive, was the first American offensive of World War I. The 28th Infantry Regiment of the U.S. 1st Infantry Division (3,564 troops), under Major-General Robert Lee Bullard, captured the village of Cantigny from the German Eighteenth Army commanded by von Hutier. The village was situated on high ground surrounded by woods, making it an ideal target for German artillery.

Aiding the capture, the French provided air cover, 368 heavy guns, trench mortars, and flamethrowers. The advancing American infantry was aided by twelve French Schneider tanks used to eliminate German machine gun posts. With this support, and advancing much more audaciously than expected, the 28th Infantry took the village in 45 minutes.

For three days after the capture of the village, the Germans launched heavy counterattacks upon the Americans. Another regiment, the 26th Infantry, came forward to support the 28th. The position was held.

The Americans expanded their front by approximately a mile. A minor success, its significance was overshadowed by the battle underway along the Aisne. The U.S. forces held their position with the loss of 1,067 casualties; they captured 100 German prisoners. Matthew B. Juan, a Native American war hero, was killed during this battle. The American success at Cantigny was followed by attacks at Château-Thierry and Belleau Wood in the first half of June.

And finally, The Renault FT 17 or Automitrailleuse à chenilles Renault FT modèle 1917 was a French light tank; it is among the most revolutionary and influential tank designs in history. The FT 17 was the first tank with an armament in a fully rotating turret, and its configuration with the turret on top, engine in the back and the driver in front became the conventional one, repeated in most tanks until today; at the time it was a revolutionary innovation, causing armour historian Steven Zaloga to describe the type as "the world's first modern tank."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: A Little of Everything
« Reply #1 on: 31-10-2010, 19:10:28 »
The mighty beast of war!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-10-2010, 19:10:10 »
Looks good guys, keep it up!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-10-2010, 20:10:39 »
Nice! Awesome Job ! Now give us a download  :-*

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31-10-2010, 20:10:21 »
trees horribly need light settings

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31-10-2010, 20:10:52 »
Nice you like it :)

Yes, well our mappers are quite busy and very very small part of them can lightmap,some maps wont be probably even lightmapped for first beta, but all depends on mappers.

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #6 on: 31-10-2010, 20:10:53 »

Yes, well our mappers are quite busy and very very small part of them can lightmap,some maps wont be probably even lightmapped for first beta, but all depends on mappers.

To continue on that the screenshots are taken from the editor so there isn't any proper shaders on or anything because the map is still WIP but really close to finish and Cantigny should have lightmaps.

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31-10-2010, 22:10:21 »
When will we see proper trench systems? :/
Anyway, I´m glad you put my favourite tank of WW1 in your mod. Nothing is as cute as that tiny little FT-17 with it´s neat 3.7cm cannon.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #8 on: 31-10-2010, 22:10:20 »
Well not maybe on the first release because we don't have enought mappers on the team to get them done.
So if people want to see trench systems on the first release just join us and make or find mappers to help us. Because that is the only area on our mod where there isn't enought people.

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31-10-2010, 23:10:36 »

To continue on that the screenshots are taken from the editor so there isn't any proper shaders on or anything because the map is still WIP but really close to finish and Cantigny should have lightmaps.

i said lightsettings, not lightmap

and trees dont get lightmapped, they only get their shadows generated onto the terrain

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-11-2010, 00:11:50 »
Yaay for this update, cant wait to get to play it

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-11-2010, 01:11:06 »
Keep it up boys :)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #12 on: 01-11-2010, 07:11:13 »

i said lightsettings, not lightmap

and trees dont get lightmapped, they only get their shadows generated onto the terrain

Don't worry, it'll all get done.

Offline Viktor2a5

• Act natural act natural. We've done nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-11-2010, 17:11:03 »
Me happy :)

Me wanna see more :D

Will there be MG version of FT-17?

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-11-2010, 21:11:24 »
Hey look its that map I made!
Oh, it was older test map by the name of cantigny I made.
« Last Edit: 01-11-2010, 21:11:02 by Kev4000 »