Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 48582 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #465 on: 26-05-2018, 16:05:01 »
Yes, for all of it's faults it's still a gem. The only one I am not too keen on replaying is Clear Sky though. The faction wars were a nice idea but it was such a hassle to keep up with. Apparently Fallout 4 has a similar problem ;D
I remember getting to the final mission with the sunrise suit because that part where they explained to you how to get artifacts I apparently missed. Since everything else was dirt cheap to sell and extremely expensive to buy, I could not afford much and thus the game became super hard. I also had trouble to stop Strelok in time because every hit by the Monolith guys nearly killed me and had me patching me up instead of shooting him.
It's a bit peculiar that I won this game only by Strelok falling through those gangways which had him get stuck so that it was an easy kill for me.

The third one was the most well rounded one in my opinion. It had generally more freedom, explanation and polish but the world lost a bit of that dense melancholic atmosphere that especially Shadow of Chernobyl had in my book.

It's a bit funny that none of the characters in the game really stand out except for their meme lines that everyone knows.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."