Author Topic: Villers Bocage Crash/Multiple Crashes.  (Read 485 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Villers Bocage Crash/Multiple Crashes.
« on: 22-10-2010, 00:10:05 »
Right so, i installed Windows 7 and it comes with a Shitload of problems and stuff.

Now, i installed BF2 + 1.41 + 1.50 + Fh2 2.26 + 2.3 Incremental, loaded first map, MP, i think it was Ramelle or something, played it and all good.

Now it comes to loading the second map in rotation, and guess what, it crashed in loading, not sure in what % tho.

After that shaders problems, sometimes i cant fix it, reinstall Fh2, same thing happens with Crashes when it loads the Second map. But today, something new happend, i just reinstalled Fh2, it happens to be fine. I run FH2 with Administrator Mode, join Hslan playing Villers Bocage, as it finishes loading, just before the "Join" button thingy comes up, it crashes. Right, may be my luck, i try again, run as Admin Mode, run in Windowed Mode to see if a Error window comes up and jesus christ crashes once again, no error window at all btw.

I run Fh2 again, this time i turned that "Disable Desktop Composition" thing off, same as above, Administrator Mode/Windowed mode, set the game res to 860 or something, the lowest, tried again and this window (Crashed again, btw) comes up.

My system.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.19 GHz

2GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Windows 7 32bit

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Villers Bocage Crash/Multiple Crashes.
« Reply #1 on: 22-10-2010, 13:10:59 »
Some tips:

- Make sure you download the Full 1.41 and not the incremental one. You already played a map so this is not the issue.
- Add some virtual memory to your system. Check your memory usage in task manager while playing FH2 if this is needed.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)