Author Topic: Ramelle 64  (Read 18500 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Ramelle 64
« Reply #105 on: 18-07-2011, 11:07:44 »
Just tried 2.4 version of the map in singleplayer and "local server" multiplayer. Some remarks:

1. 2000 tickets at the start seem too much. IIRC 2.3 teams've had 900 tickets and it hasn't felt like too little.  For me, it took 2 hours to complete a singleplayer round with ridiculous >1000 score.

2. Unable to climb on ladder, see attached screenshot. Is it a bug?

3. Very weird spawn points. For example, playing as German, you want to spawn at Ruins, but you spawn at Fountain instead, surrounded by Americans. Bridge flag throws Germans as far as Historical Center. Sometimes Americans spawn around German controlled Bridge and Alamo. Looks like it is true only for singleplayer, I couldn't reproduce this spawn weirdness in multiplayer.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 27-07-2011, 12:07:56 »
it wont work in singleplayer because it doesnt have the real ticket bleed plugin, that is my guess.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 23-08-2011, 21:08:09 »
About tickets ratio. Now it works fine when German team is equally good as allies, or slightly better. It produces time needed for Germans to advance enough, and even win map as they wouldn't with 2.3 tickets.
     But with Allied team having skill advantage, it becomes never-ending nightmare of no advance and deathfest for germans. Ticket ratio could maybe use some further tweaking.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 28-08-2011, 11:08:29 »
About tickets ratio. Now it works fine when German team is equally good as allies, or slightly better. It produces time needed for Germans to advance enough, and even win map as they wouldn't with 2.3 tickets.
     But with Allied team having skill advantage, it becomes never-ending nightmare of no advance and deathfest for germans. Ticket ratio could maybe use some further tweaking.

Push maps like Ramelle are being standardized so both team have the same amout of tickets (1000)
We balance it with the speed of the bleed instead according to a formula of kills per minute VS expected round length which we use.

Tight pushmaps with bridge-locks will always be tough, allthough I agree it can be very hard if the defending team is organised and the attackers play like headless chickens, a problem which goes both ways.  ;)

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 31-08-2011, 02:08:14 »
Push maps like Ramelle are being standardized so both team have the same amout of tickets (1000)
We balance it with the speed of the bleed instead according to a formula of kills per minute VS expected round length which we use.

Tight pushmaps with bridge-locks will always be tough, allthough I agree it can be very hard if the defending team is organised and the attackers play like headless chickens, a problem which goes both ways.  ;)

I like it tough, but when attackers are organized and defenders act headless, then attackers will end round quickly. But when it is opposite, then its not about to end soon pretty much creating frustraition which seems to never end. But im glad to hear, that it is somehow balanced by bleed at least. Anyway thanks for your reply.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 03-03-2012, 21:03:29 »
Something should be done with second tiger spawn trigger. Nowdays that people know it will spawn when right flank is captured by allies, people will just avoid capturing right flank. And I don't want to be in his pants who actually captures it for US, rage from other US players is huge.

Rather give second tiger when axis captures fountain or rights flank? So that it would be reward for axis doing what they should do, not punishment for allies capturing flag...

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 11-03-2012, 21:03:29 »
...[Second Tiger] will spawn when right flank is captured by allies...

Holy crap! I swear I didn't know that! From now on I will avoid Right Flank at all costs.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 11-03-2012, 23:03:30 »
It's also very delightful to start the round by typing in several messsages into text chat:
ATTENTION! DO NOT CAPTURE RIGHT FLANK, IT GIVES THE GERMANS AN EXTRA TIGGER AND MARDER.
DO NOT CAPTURE THE RIGHT FLANK, IT GIVES GERMANS MORE TANKS
SQUAD 4, DO NOT CAPTURE THE RIGHT FLANK
SQUAD 4, LEAVE THE FLAGZONE NAOUW!
ADMIN, CAN I PLEASE TEAMKILL EVERYONE IN SQUAD 4 WITHOUT PUNISHMENT SINCE THEY ARE CLEARLY TRAITORS?

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 12-03-2012, 01:03:27 »
^^ this  XD

I must admit that maybe the second Tiger could spawn latter in the battle. Ramelle is already a rapefest for americans and an orgasm for the german statwhore who drives the Tiger. The second could spawn once Fountain is cap. And maybe a Sherman could spawn once the second Tiger spawns ? So this way Both tanks will arrive around the bridge at the same time, like it the movie.

And also, could it be possible to add a mortar kit at american base, or a ammo kit because the mortar for USA is verry usefull and in general when the mortar dont have any ammo left, the round is almost finish...

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 12-03-2012, 13:03:28 »
Maybe Natty wants to tell us that wheter something has been changed about the second Tiger spawn^^

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 12-03-2012, 13:03:01 »
Afaik this map is not Natty's responsibility. Otolikos is the mapper.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 12-03-2012, 13:03:13 »
And also, could it be possible to add a mortar kit at american base, or a ammo kit because the mortar for USA is verry usefull and in general when the mortar dont have any ammo left, the round is almost finish...

Here's what Otolikos replied to similar suggestion:

I've placed "7" Ammo boxes not ammo kits....... Mortar has only 39 rockets, after that there is no more rockets.   unlimited ammo for mortar will be hell for axis team.....every time i play this map, axis team can't reach the bridge.....:/

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 12-03-2012, 15:03:41 »
But his post have been made in 2010, things have changed on this map, now I must say that germans are often able to cap all flags. Maybe a ammo kit now could be more usefull.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 12-03-2012, 18:03:18 »
Dunno, I've seen all possible variants in 2.4: Germans not able to get over the bridge, Germans get over the bridge but then pushed back, Germans capture all flags.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 12-03-2012, 18:03:57 »
I have to say that I have seen all possibility too, but if the german didnt get further than the first command post either their entire team consisted of noobs or the Tiger got teamkilled by a Marder something like this. So not a map related issue in my opinion.

The Germans not crossing the bridge: Probably the Allieds didnt capture the right flank. And even if this is the case its not a rape seccion for either side, so I think this is acceptable. The Allied team was probably quite good.

But at least the 10 last rounds I played the game ended for the Allieds without any command post left. As it has been down many times before: Detach the second Tiger from right flank, capping a command post shouldnt be a disatvantage for a team. Make it spawn later or (and this is my favorite) have it spawn only one time (if this is codeable).