Author Topic: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2  (Read 36156 times)

Offline Bossgator

• View Profile
Re: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2
« Reply #180 on: 25-06-2010, 22:06:13 »
What are the dummy player targets? Are they custom destroyables? If they can be a person, they could be made like paper targets on boards, or silohettes/cutouts?

I thought about using the vanilla signs and change the textures, but I'm not sure the damage and respawn time can be adjusted, which is all that would be needed I think.

Offline Bossgator

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 02-07-2010, 12:07:45 »
Does anybody know the answers to what these dummy targets are?

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02-07-2010, 21:07:47 »
@Bossgator
The dummy player targets are custom destroyables... I think the FH devs made those.  I originally had thin cutouts, but since I lack the programming knowledge to make them destroyable, I had them there as statics.  When I was eventually told about the existence of the dummy targets (saw it in some youtube video), it made the cutouts virtually unnecessary.

@Phoenixo_Idaho
I only had the file available through megaupload.  The link should be in the first page of the thread.

Offline Bossgator

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 03-07-2010, 12:07:09 »
Thanks for the reply pheeph.

Interesting the feet stay there when destroyed. The static cutouts can still be used, but I see what your saying. Maybe balance them to keep the number of destroyables down.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 01-06-2013, 00:06:05 »
 Any way to get this updated for 2.45?

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 18-08-2017, 04:08:29 »
Can you post another link for this map please? I would love to play it, that is if it works with FH2 2.52.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 18-08-2017, 10:08:08 »
Can you post another link for this map please? I would love to play it, that is if it works with FH2 2.52.
this topic is few years old. I doubt anyone has that map anymore. If you want to try things why won't you run "firing range" map which is a stock FH2 map and has everything 2.52 can offer?

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 18-08-2017, 14:08:37 »
Oh, I didn't know there was a firing range map. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 18-08-2017, 15:08:53 »
The firing range map keeps crashing when I load it on a Local server. I can't load it in singleplayer though. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 18-08-2017, 17:08:32 »
You're not supposed to run it in singleplayer, it doesn't have any bot support so it won't work on singleplayer or co-op mode. The proper way of "playing" it is by creating a conquest mode multiplayer game locally. I can't really help with the crash though, since I know shit about Macs.

There is a trick for windows users called "windowed mode". You can tick it in the options of your FH2 Launcher, it prevents game from running in full screen and as a side effect it gives you a detailed error messages on each crash so it is easier to find what causes them.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 18-08-2017, 21:08:08 »
OK. The Russian one works fine, and I haven't tested the British one yet, but I think the US one crashed because of the amount of weapons.