Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112088 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #15 on: 17-08-2010, 21:08:31 »
Thankfully I only had 11 Swedish crowns to bet for a Spurs victory (About 1,20€)

Unleash the CROUCH MACHINEEEEE

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-08-2010, 21:08:24 »
Arsenal arsenal!!!!

Man UTD put on anice display of crisp footie yesterday vs annoying newcastle. I just really do not want chelsea to take the title again, fucking hate them. Go Arsenal and aston villa

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-08-2010, 21:08:04 »
Soccer sucks, Hockey rules!

Anyway Manchester United pwns.

All 3 of those points are perfect examples of why you shouldn't post in this thread

Thankfully I only had 11 Swedish crowns to bet for a Spurs victory (About 1,20€)

Unleash the CROUCH MACHINEEEEE

Well Spurs managed to get a goal back just before half time so they are in with a decent chance now as long as they don't concede any more. The tie will definately be theirs if they can get it back to 3-3 going to White Hart Lane. Still another 135 mins of the tie to go....

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #18 on: 17-08-2010, 23:08:18 »
Those last minutes when both the Spurs and the Boys played on the results and nothing happened at all except Pavlyuchenko and Keane trying to get something going was the worst 10 minutes ever in a long while...

EDIT:

Just found an old Swedish TV show about the World Cup in South Korea and Japan. God I loved that World Cup. So many classic moments. But I like it mainly since Sweden did a solid effort.

Also some classic interviews in this show with fans from different nations. The British guy is the best.

"When we had 1 - 0 against Sweden everything was fine. We were gonna win. Then the guy on the telly says something about Sweden making a substitute and the guys name is "Nicklas Alexandersson" and also says that he is rubbish and couldn't even make one day in lower British leagues. When he said that I knew he was gonna score. I could feel it"

And damn, he did :D
« Last Edit: 18-08-2010, 00:08:05 by Rawhide »

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #19 on: 19-08-2010, 22:08:10 »

Lots of games today, mostly Europa League games.

Anyhow, gotta tell something awesome. A buddy of mine told of this awesome Firefox add-on called FootieFox. You can find it on Firefox add-on page.

You can add almost any league you would like to follow, add what your favorite teams are and wham!

Live score in the status bar of your Firefox, and if you like a sound of your choice can play every time there's a goal.

I love it

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-08-2010, 22:08:02 »
yeah had footiefox a while back, has prolly been patched a lot since i last used it. Nevertheless, don't use it anymore. I go to www.livescore.com to check results etc.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #21 on: 21-08-2010, 14:08:16 »
Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!

Arsenal    v    Blackpool   
Birmingham   v    Blackburn   
Everton   v    Wolves   
Stoke City   v    Tottenham   
WBA   v    Sunderland      
West Ham Utd   v    Bolton         
Wigan Athletic   v    Chelsea   

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-08-2010, 14:08:04 »
Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!

Arsenal    v    Blackpool   
Birmingham   v    Blackburn   
Everton   v    Wolves   
Stoke City   v    Tottenham   
WBA   v    Sunderland      
West Ham Utd   v    Bolton         
Wigan Athletic   v    Chelsea   

awesome!! betting time!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:36 »
Theo Walcott finally showed his potential as a football when he was allowed to start for Arsenal, Hattrick!!!

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:16 »
Most impressive.
Never liked Walcott though, all he got is his speed, without that he would be playing in division 5.

Gareth Bale on the other hand! What a player! IMO he has the potential to be the best player in the world, he's got a left foot to die for.
He scored 2 goals now against stoke too.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:31 »
Walcott has potential. Today it wasn't his speed that allowed him to score 3 goals.

Also, did you see the bale goal against stoke? GOal of the season so far

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-08-2010, 18:08:08 »
haven't seen walcotts goal, so can't say anything about todays game. That was just my impression from the last years...

Oh yeah bales goal was simply incredible, as I said, a left foot to die for.
But also, fantastic assist from Lennon!

The goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_292673&v=CKLmxfgFya4&feature=iv

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-08-2010, 18:08:40 »
Yeah, I've agreed but I think thats because he hasn't had a chance to play full games

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #28 on: 21-08-2010, 18:08:06 »
Bale! Bale! Bale!

What a performance.

That volley was amazing, but in all fairness. Stoke did a great game! A draw would have been fair but I prefer Spurs winning  ;D

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21-08-2010, 19:08:16 »
Chelsea is up 1 nil at the half. Fooking hate the blues. Cocksuckers, but I don't like wigan either... so hope they draw I guess